Rhody's First Grow Indoor MMC - Five Plants - Four Strains

Rhodeislander

image2209.jpg

The clone was named critical when I got it. It's by best plant so far.

image2206.jpg

Named blueberry bubblegum, doing well

image2207.jpg

Names nlx why I don't know?

Ok,
So here is the stats for the current grow project.
Started clones 5/25/2013 from solo cups, all approx two inches tall.
Transferred to 16inch black pots with drain holes in bottom.
Roots organic s greenfields potting soil
First two weeks t40 style stoplight fixture with sylvannia grow tubes, approx 40watts per bulb.
Rainwater collected and aerated with air stone and pump.
New light as of last week, 1000watt ups on 50 percent dimmed setting.
Grow room under construction, during which the girls go outside to play in the sunlight for a few hours.
New room getting insulated , new Sheetrock, vents,electrical, etc.

Finished insulation, Sheetrock and started Mylar. Installed a gable vent to pull hot air out of the room, soffit vents going in next, then fan on temp controller. Little improvements, but end result should be good.
It's summer in New England and room is 71 to 80 and humidity seems good unless it rains. May buy dehumidifier, but would need to run more power out there.

I don't have the watering thing under control yet, did make a schedule and posted on the door to keep track of days. They all looked dry today, so I gave them a good watering, enough to make the water come out the weep hole on the pot bottoms. I will see what this does over the next few days. I guess it's mostly trial and error.

Smell doesn't seem to be an issue yet, I'm a good distance from the area homes.

I will take some new photos tonight.

I have a log for plant nodes and growth. Two are doing very well, the others seem stalled. My big girl did 4inches this week alone.

image2218.jpg

Overall picture of the room, beach chair option was a must for me. I like to sit and talk with the girl and check out this site on my iPad.

image2219.jpg

More plant pictures from above

image2220.jpg

More plant pics

image2221.jpg

Need help with what to do with this one. Maybe less light? Outside for a few days in natural light?

image2222.jpg

Crooked curly leaves? Dunno why

what is the temperature in your room? are you adjusting the pH of the water you are giving your plants? pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. pick up either a pH test kit or a pH meter and solutions for it.

here is a search for a Genera Hydroponics pH Test Kit

https://www.google.com search Genera Hydroponics pH Test Kit

you need a digital pH meter meant for hydroponic nutrients. most of them require a pH 7 solution and a pH 4 solution for calibration. do not let the electrode tip dry out. use either storage solution or the pH 7 solution in the cap to keep the tip wet.

you might like one like this.

https://www.google.com shopping Hanna Instruments Model HI98103

here are a few searches for pH meters

https://www.google.com search Digital ph tester

https://www.google.com search digital ph meter

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

King,
You are on the money. I bought a ph kit, it's was 7.2 on the water I was using.
I bought a bc bloom, bc grow,etc master kit for mutes and started the suggested schedule. I did my first feed today, the ph was perfect. I will let this take for a week and do new photos and measurements. I just got my order in from castle seeds as they are a sponsor here, they are in germ between paper towels. I may run them with the existing plants in veg as they are not very big. Room runs 70/81 and 60 percent humidity give or take.

Cannabis requires light, nutrients, water, co2, right temperature and humidity, grow medium, and love :D

Light, the more the merrier!, you need to measure your lumen output and light temperature.
Nutrients, N, P, K, mainly and traces of secondary elements.
Water, like King explained PH is the most important thing, with the wrong PH plant cant work out nutrients. (6.5 is ideal for soil)
Co2, make sure you have enough air coming from outside, renewing the Co2 inside the tent. ( You can produce it as well, check Poor man Co2)
Temperature should be between 15C (60F) the lowest, and 30C~ (90F).
RH, should be around 35% to 55% (If you have good ventilation, can get higher without being too bad, untill it flowers, then you want to lower it for the risks of mildew etc).

For clones, you can try foliar feed as well, (Try not to ventilate too much after you do it to avoid crystal's formations in the leaves), since their roots are weaker.
As a nutrient extra, if you can get your hands on Rhizotonic, it will surelly help.

Ill sub for this one :) Nice girls, keep the love.

welcome rhodeislander.IM subbed also.:thumb:You seem to be on the right track and with the wiillingness to learn you WILL succeed my new friend.GOOD GROWING.:high-five:plant are looking like the are happy.

Thank guys!
I spend a good deal of time here trying to learn. I very much appreciate the time you all spare to share your knowledge. I hope to return the favor some day.
image2254.jpg

Here is the new regimen for the girls.

image2255.jpg

Slight change in elevation for the more vertically challenged.

image2256.jpg

My runt is doing better everyday, I'm pulling for her to make a full recovery.

image2257.jpg

The view from above

image2258.jpg

Just a nice top shot of the large leaves , kinda funny shape no?

Good looking babes, nice nutes as well bro! them will be big mamas. Irie :Namaste:

Ok,
I did some research on light and light temp. Seems metal halide may be better in veg stage. So, I ordered a new bulb las night. I found a small rv dehumidifier for fifty bucks on amazon, very cool, uses dc current and draws thirty five watts of power. I will take some pictures when it's setup. I need to control the humidity better in flower stage coming up. I guess I will start a new journal for the seeds I just bought to keep it all separate and not become confusing. The Apollo horticulture light system I bought is working flawlessly, I will include update on that as well. When I bought it, I could not find much info about it. Currently running 1000 watt system at fifty percent dim.

For the Metal Halide, make sure your ballast is for MH as well, dont use a HPS on it :)!!!

For humidity, you can have as much as 40 to 50% while flowering IF your air ventilation works fine, humidity is a problem when it stays still... Mildew and other fungi can develop. Humidifier will do the work though, may the flowers bloom lively. Cheers peace.

:peace:

you should add your grow to your signature. to add your grow to your signature go to top right, Settings>Settings right hand side, My Settings> Edit Signature cope and paste your first pages web address into the box.

Back
Top Bottom