Method 420-s1ing gets waxy

So I decided to try a cooler water bath and was able to keep it clear
Almost threw this away as I had done a nug run and only ran two bottles thru the tubes. I went thru it and was ready to toss it out and there was so much resin glands still I decided to take a shot. 4.5 grams later I consider it a success
image10122.jpg

Method 420-s1ing gets waxy

Welcome to Sling's Wax Museum.

sWeetP and I purchased an ez trim wander trimmer today and the thing I think is neat is how it collects the trim in the bottom of the shop vacuum and should up my extraction game

I'm interested to get your feedback on that thing. I was looking at that same product, but wasn't sure. We gotta get something soon. I've almost got my veg area built out, so I'll be doing 5 week cycles soon. I can't hand trim all that! :blalol:

I'm interested in having a harvest big enough to need one.

Yo, yo, yo...I'm stepping onto the "waxy" train too. I wanted to be able to fully enjoy some full-melt bubble, and after a year of searching for a good way to do it, ended up having a long session chatting with some friends "in the know". I watched a shitload of youtube vids, read myriad forums and decided to build my own e-nail. Funny thing is, I'll have this e-nail controller with a d-nail heater and a Ti nail...but no glass to put it on...lol

Here is all the info to make one: DIY E-Nail How-To. : CannabisExtracts

You know guys, I've been smoking over 30yrs & never had wax before. Did a lot of hash & went through the blunt phase in the 80's but now I'm basically a cannabis dinosaur; Joints & my pipe. No glass pipe, just an old fashion Tobacco pipe. Though I lived & died by the bong when I was a teenager.

I'm 50 and smoked Marlboro reds 33 years... until a month ago. I have an e-cig now and have slowly been weaning off of that too. I have several vaporizers (portable and desktop styles) and am now a convert. I might use the terms "wax" or "oil", but what I really mean is bubblehash...that I make, and there's no better way to enjoy high-quality, full-melt hash than through a nice bubbler. The bitch of it is with the explosion of users the cannabis world has seen in the last year, prices have practically doubled for all the good stuff. That pisses me off, but it is what it is. So, my answer to it is to make my own. Hell, I guess I need to learn how to blow glass next...in a non-gay kinda way

Lol...

sWeetP and I purchased an ez trim wander trimmer today and the thing I think is neat is how it collects the trim in the bottom of the shop vacuum and should up my extraction game

Yea, just checked out the YouTube video. That thing is sick and so is the price. But I can see why a commercial grower would want and need one.

Yo, yo, yo...I'm stepping onto the "waxy" train too. I wanted to be able to fully enjoy some full-melt bubble, and after a year of searching for a good way to do it, ended up having a long session chatting with some friends "in the know". I watched a shitload of youtube vids, read myriad forums and decided to build my own e-nail. Funny thing is, I'll have this e-nail controller with a d-nail heater and a Ti nail...but no glass to put it on...lol

Here is all the info to make one: DIY E-Nail How-To. : CannabisExtracts

Thanks Cheeze
Ive actually been studying that same article a bit and have ordered close to half of the electronics Ill need to make one. Actually I bought two of everything and if I don't burn up half of the parts Ill make a second for gift or backup.
I can relate as right now I have a really nice glass rig, rig mat, wax and shatter and the ti nail and cap. NO TORCH lol
Went and got a benzo matic screw on torch but the lil bottle of propane I got from wally world for some reason it won't stay lit. I bet a bottle of the benzo brand would do it.

You know guys, I've been smoking over 30yrs & never had wax before. Did a lot of hash & went through the blunt phase in the 80's but now I'm basically a cannabis dinosaur; Joints & my pipe. No glass pipe, just an old fashion Tobacco pipe. Though I lived & died by the bong when I was a teenager.

I can totally relate

I'm 50 and smoked Marlboro reds 33 years... until a month ago. I have an e-cig now and have slowly been weaning off of that too. I have several vaporizers (portable and desktop styles) and am now a convert. I might use the terms "wax" or "oil", but what I really mean is bubblehash...that I make, and there's no better way to enjoy high-quality, full-melt hash than through a nice bubbler. The bitch of it is with the explosion of users the cannabis world has seen in the last year, prices have practically doubled for all the good stuff. That pisses me off, but it is what it is. So, my answer to it is to make my own. Hell, I guess I need to learn how to blow glass next...in a non-gay kinda way
LMAO
Yea, just checked out the YouTube video. That thing is sick and so is the price. But I can see why a commercial grower would want and need one.
Yeah the price sucked but the device actually does a great job and Im super pleased we got it, now lets see how I feel when I harvest a full tray with it. Last chop I had already trimmed 3 of the 4 plants and part of the forth when Ups brought it to the door.
The sellers are in for a big surprise with the fact they didn't have me sign for the unit. There going to get scammed by buyers who are thieves saying they didn't get it, sheesh.

Well, I bought the 16mm heater coil from d-nail direct. Here's my unit assembled with BLAMazon parts. Works perfectly. Now, for the first time in over 15 years...I'm looking for a good piece of glass.

my_e-nail.jpg

:peace:

Thats really nice and real similar to what Im about to build.
Did you find the info on reddit enough to complete the whole job?
I need to get a soldering gun and some shrink wrap as well as the box I will enclose it all into.
Where did you get yours and what did you cut the opening for the heat controller with?
Thanks Gov
I thought about gutting an old 40 channel cb radio and using that as thats what those controller boxes remind me of

Sl1ng you can get project boxes for cheap. Radio Shack might even still stock them, but last time I went there for a component, their selection was lacking. :blalol:

I'm liking this DIY project!

I want something to smoke my hash using my existing (ground glass fitting) bong. My local head shop has a nail that will fit, but it's $120. That's as much as the bong! :yikes:

I like the idea of an electric device. Save me from having to mess with a torch.

THanks for sharing all this info guys! :high-five:

I saw a utube vid w/a couple heads doing dabs using what looked basically like a transformer providing the juice. If I run across it again I post a link

I want something to smoke my hash using my existing (ground glass fitting) bong. My local head shop has a nail that will fit, but it's $120. That's as much as the bong! :yikes:

I like the idea of an electric device. Save me from having to mess with a torch.

THanks for sharing all this info guys! :high-five:

Heya hiker, that $120 nail is still necessary with this electric nail heater (at least some type of nail anyway). Basically, this device only takes the place of the torch in this method. Although I always considered myself somewhat dextrous, the first few times I fiddled with my torch/nail, it was sooo awkward...and I've only burned myself twice. lol, I think I have a better method and understanding now and don't expect I'll be smelling nearly as much seared flesh from now on.

Heya hiker, that $120 nail is still necessary with this electric nail heater (at least some type of nail anyway). Basically, this device only takes the place of the torch in this method. Although I always considered myself somewhat dextrous, the first few times I fiddled with my torch/nail, it was sooo awkward...and I've only burned myself twice. lol, I think I have a better method and understanding now and don't expect I'll be smelling nearly as much seared flesh from now on.

LOL great visuals you created there. It would be especially difficult given the size of my main 'smoke spot' in the basement. My bong sits on a wire shelf, so little things can be tricky :winkyface:

Thanks for the clarification though. I did take a look at that reddit thread. I see now. It's a way to not need the torch. I actually like that it uses the nail as I can upgrade in pieces. We should make a thread about DIYing these. When I build one I will document the build. It will be a couple harvests until I can get to it though. I buy myself one piece of smoking paraphernalia each harvest, so next will be the nail. I'll build this after the next one. :)

Hey Sl1ng, I came back because I meant to share more about the cases earlier. Places like Mouser and Digikey will have any shape enclosure you want and all the connectors. I've built several audio amplifiers and those are where I source my components.

hmmm... I just had a stupid idea, but now I wanna do it... I wonder if I can incorporate a vaccuum tube into the heater box? I don't want to just light one up, I'll see if I can put it into the power circuit somehow. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom