Mid-flower transplant? Is this a terrible ide?

Dsrkmattertec54

So I've gotta make some room in my flower tent and I currently have 2 very small plants flowering in a large tote.

Would I be able to transplant these to smaller containers without delaying or ceasing their budding progress?

If it were nice out id take it outside and use a hose to gently clear the soil away so I could fit the roots intact in a small pot but I cant do that and dont want to make a huge mess in my basement so I'm wondering if I could dig them out or if damaging roots attempting to get it out delay or cease growth

Help much appreciated
Thanks ! :yummy:

I have before

I mean it's not ideal, but she won't die

Mine where really root bound,but more so test strains, so wasn't, and I never do, grow for large yields

I'm also a believer, from my veggy growing, scruffing up roots in transplant envigorates new growth, probably not so much in flower, but I've never ever ever stressed when transplanting, they always love it afterwards

Trying to separate two plants growing in one container in middle of Flower a train wreck waiting to happen IMHO, they intertwine and fight with each other as it is (why better to grow in separate containers, but in my mind if you going to do it that way anyway best to go full cycle).

Trying to separate two plants growing in one container in middle of Flower a train wreck waiting to happen IMHO, they intertwine and fight with each other as it is (why better to grow in separate containers, but in my mind if you going to do it that way anyway best to go full cycle).

Good point, forgot it was two in one pot

That was my thought, I figured it would be a huge headache. My only reasonable option would be to just dig them out which is why I asked about the roots.

Probably a better idea just to leave them be and try to squeeze everything in when I need to flower my next plant in the lineup

That was my thought, I figured it would be a huge headache. My only reasonable option would be to just dig them out which is why I asked about the roots.

Probably a better idea just to leave them be and try to squeeze everything in when I need to flower my next plant in the lineup

Yeah could stress them out and either kill them or have them both do stupid things, if was earlier on in Veg might be worth a shot but risky either way. Changing containers with a single plant you still keeping root ball fairly intact, trying to separate ones that have intertwined a different critter in my mind. Single plants in too small a container would probably still get you better results than two plants in a bigger container together. But that just my thought process and not something I have tried though either, as I use regular seeds mostly so if you get a male trying to remove it w/o killing the other one, or if one plant is weak and gets a disease it can pass it to other one via the root system, it is just not worth trying more than one per pot.

Back
Top Bottom