Mmclient's BloomBox Rhino

The rise of the Bloombox growers continues. Even more impressive, sometimes anyway, are the DIYers using a variety of materials to build their own (check out Bassplayer's grow). That being said, it's nice to hear from users experiencing similar issues. As for BCNL, they're in a difficult position, legally at least, considering they already draw attention from those pesky types. However, the few times contacted they were quite helpful. About the only restriction was not actually mentioning marijuana, etc. Easy enough although anyone listening must laugh at all the troubled tomato growers. I did ask, via email, about any user groups but, not surprisingly, haven't heard back. So here we are. Let's keep in touch with our own owner's group.

Hey there Mmclient - Fellow BCNL user here - I have their smallest box, the mothership/roommate. Not nearly as big as I'd like or as nice as the Bloombox, but a damn fine little machine, and I'm able to grow more than enough for my humble needs. :tokin:

Just wanted to introduce myself, congratulate you on your mighty fine growing, and volunteer myself to any other BCNL users as far as tips, insights, feedback, thoughts, ideas etc. I've learned a lot over the past few grows with this thing and hope to keep learning and sharing knowledge. I've been blessed with a lot of great help and insight from others here - it's a great community.

Take care and happy growing -

Thanks for the encouragement. This is the third mom grown in the last 2 1/2 yrs. It's become a whole separate hobby. The next grow, from seed, will be White Widow, which should make for a good companion to the Rhino. Widow by day, Rhino by night, so to speak.
Part of the grow from seed will be another mom. Since the two need to fit side by side, the current rectangularly shaped mom, needs to be regrown as a matching square.
Rhino-mom III was grown by cutting down to the first set of opposing branches to form the basic T-shape. Then, splitting the new growth, doubling the heads until 16, enough for a whole grow with a few left over. It all worked out as planned, for once, so the task now will be to start by cutting down to the second set of opposing branches/nodes, and make two squarish moms, enough for a full litter each, in the space given.
Blah, blah, blah, someone just got high.

Thanks for the encouragement. This is the third mom grown in the last 2 1/2 yrs. It's become a whole separate hobby. The next grow, from seed, will be White Widow, which should make for a good companion to the Rhino. Widow by day, Rhino by night, so to speak.
Part of the grow from seed will be another mom. Since the two need to fit side by side, the current rectangularly shaped mom, needs to be regrown as a matching square.
Rhino-mom III was grown by cutting down to the first set of opposing branches to form the basic T-shape. Then, splitting the new growth, doubling the heads until 16, enough for a whole grow with a few left over. It all worked out as planned, for once, so the task now will be to start by cutting down to the second set of opposing branches/nodes, and make two squarish moms, enough for a full litter each, in the space given.
Blah, blah, blah, someone just got high.

Hey, high or not, I would be really proud of what you have done with your mother(mothers) in general. I have looked at thousands of posts it seems in the past few months(unemployed at the moment)and have yet to see anyone come close to what you have. I know it takes time and patients, and now I have something to work towards....That's what were all trying to do, isn't it? Work towards bettering ourselves at whatever we do....I would say you have it mastered though..Thanks for the response anyhow and good luck (like its needed) on your new mothers to come!!!:goodluck:

Awesome job MM! I echo all the compliments on your mother... A real labor of love and work of art. I aspire to your talent. Your journal was a real good read.
To comment on a couple of your ideas: The air pump augmentation is an excellent approach toward decreasing sound and increasing oxygen and peace in the room, and your suggestion for centralizing we BC cab growers is a winner in my book. I do understand the vulnerabilities the company would surely have in directly supporting a product involved in these particular endeavors, when all the while producing a product whose intention is to obfuscate to begin with. Nonetheless, it would be a real nice thing to have a repository for our use here I am very grateful for this forum and the countless others I have learned from thus far.

Looking forward to your next round!:thumb:

The Wrap

Experimenting with extended veg times combined with pruning for size control worked better in theory than real life. This is a little puzzling considering that photo period flowering strains shouldn't really care but, at least with White Rhino, it behaves more like an auto flower.
Importantly, here at least, is having enough for personal use until the next go-around. On average, seven or eight fully mature, usually resulting in quite modest totals of 4-6 oz's. Since the harvesting occurred in stages over a period of a couple weeks, the weights of the separate harvests weren't kept this time.
Clearly, the day job is safe, so besides silly monster moms, efforts to get a classic 'Christmas Tree' shape probably didn't help. Maybe that late night visit to the adult MILF section of Bonsai Girls Gone Wild took its toll(?). Short answer, yields of six-plus ounces look to be about average. The interest from other Bloomboxers is great, but really, anybody working with a grow box has similar concerns.
So what's next? Waiting for some White Widow seeds from Amsterdam via the UK. If they make it unscathed, that grow should include the start of a new mom. Considering the limited space afforded in the BB the Rhino mom also gets redone from a rectangle to a square. Anyone see a pattern here? Earlier, Rhino-Mom I grew too tall, and after Rhino-Mom II was safely underway, RM I got planted outside. She looked like an out of control 'Cousin It' hedge, and produced almost 1.5 lbs alone. It behaved like a photo period strain there. What a difference environment makes.
Thank you for your interest and stay in touch.

Nice journal there mmclient ;)

I'd personally like to see you grow the mother out, either in this journal or a new one. I'm interested in your thoughts on the optimization process for the BB. I've seen people take the Spees route and go 12/12 from seed, trying to grow the cola on a stick and max out the harvests per year. I've wondered whether less density and a little side lighting might net more overall weight though.

I hope you keep posting your work and trial different processes; it's a great public service ;)

I'll move your journal to our completed archives now. Much peace and respect to you from 420 Magazine!

Thanks for the great read and information mmclient. Perhaps the outcome was not as you wished, but you are obviously a keen study and your next round will benefit (as we all will) from your excellent journal. I know I'm not alone in my envy over your mother. You are the Mother of ALL Mothers! Once I get my feet wet and take my lumps I will look forward to attempting to reproduce your fine work.
Best.

Back
Top Bottom