Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2016

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

Nice looking Mondstern:woohoo:

I added molasses to each watering once they're in flowering a couple Wees. Approx 1 tablespoon/gallon.

Congrats on the grow - it's really looking great!
Hey golfer420. Yours are doing well too I see. Thanks, man.
I wanted to edit my post but I couldnt. I actually use the grow more 6-30-30. I got it mixed up with the 10-50-10 which I dont have but thought of purchasing. I forgot I already did research on it that the 6-30-30 is better for mj than the other one.
On the molasses, i dont feel confident adding too much of it, but perhaps next feeds before flush time i will add in molasses.
In the meantime, just after yesterday watering session, they grew some more and I noticed it. Here they are. Not each one of them but just a few. I am very satisfied so far. Fingers crossed that everything will stay on course until harvest time.
420-magazine-mobile357424924.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile858779650.jpg

The mystery seed, i hope she stays female hehe

And the Kushes and AK48
420-magazine-mobile636822294.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1776882806.jpg

420-magazine-mobile225466846.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1116299782.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1754594976.jpg

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Mondstern's First Official Attempt - Outdoor/Indoor Hybrid Environment - Newbie 2

So todays update will show my ladies getting wet. Showered them with the good neem oil solution since I think I have got Powdery Mildew. If you guys take a look at my pics before there were white spots here and there which I thought all this time as residue of my drenches because it had calcium and epsom. I started to get suspicious this morning and googled that neem could help. So they got neemed hehe
420-magazine-mobile681450911.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile166688476.jpg

AK-48
420-magazine-mobile1036419869.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile1508994782.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile210568315.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile325415441.jpg

The ever so weird mystery seed

Oh and by the way it is now nearing end of week 6. Buling up is slow still, and I got suspicious because I was thinking, if this is supposed to be this slow, so I googled and PM can slow down everything, so thats what I did. Time is not really an issue, but I am just impatient. I plan to harvest them on day 70 so week 10. I checked the trichomes and still clear even tho hairs as you can see are not all white anymore.

Hi Angry, rh fluctuates between 56%-99% haha. 56% when sun shines and no rain. 99% Super humid when it is raining and no sun. Fan runs 24/7. I believe they first started to appear when I did foliar feed back then. Not really a big deal, cause it doesnt spread so heavily. I just hope neem will alleviate this. Will report back later on this.

neem helps. I am more concerned with the buds..high humidity = possible bud mold.. but I know it is difficult for you but try to see what you can do with lowering humidity

I think the fan helps and this is not indoor so plenty of airflow. I already examined all the colas and they are fine. I read bud rot or mold happens after leaves are fully attacked?! The PM was there since before flowering and honestly hasnt spread heavy, i think some drench back then helped them but the airflow supressed them, so no worry, everything is okay :).

Hey Mondstern.....good journal. After a slightly rocky start your plants are looking good. See lots of narrow sativa leaves that should thrive in your tropical climate. Saw where you're hesitant to use molasses but 1x/mo. Ok to use more often. Molasses isn't for the plants really, it's food for the microbes. 1x/wk. at 1 tbs/gal will keep those microbes fat & sassy. Keep up the good work. :Namaste:

Hey Mondstern.....good journal. After a slightly rocky start your plants are looking good. See lots of narrow sativa leaves that should thrive in your tropical climate. Saw where you're hesitant to use molasses but 1x/mo. Ok to use more often. Molasses isn't for the plants really, it's food for the microbes. 1x/wk. at 1 tbs/gal will keep those microbes fat & sassy. Keep up the good work. :Namaste:
Yes brightlight, looking back through my whole thread. It has been a very pleasant journey. You can see how they were not growing so well in the beginning. Wohooo, I have learned so much during this grow. Cant wait to do things better second time later after this.
Yeah I am gonna go feed them molasses each watering from now on. Pics will be posted later this week. Sty tuned, guys :)

So here is the update from today. We are at the beginning of week 7. Like I said I think since I am in soil, I read that it could and most probably should go longer at least at the later estimate of the breeder. So I am aiming for harvest at week 10. I will check regularly for the trichomes state though. Here they are.
420-magazine-mobile1007717319.jpg

Master Kush
420-magazine-mobile969826061.jpg

AK-48
420-magazine-mobile72996466.jpg

Haze x Kali China
420-magazine-mobile1633062000.jpg

Lithium OG Kush
420-magazine-mobile1387711242.jpg

Misty Kush
420-magazine-mobile348714854.jpg

Mystery seed

The state of the trichomes of ak-48. I sampled it because it is supposed to finish first. So she is my cornerstone. Lol so hard to take the pic since my microscope isnt phone one, but normal one. I had to get my phone peeking into the eyelet.
420-magazine-mobile1246571966.jpg

420-magazine-mobile264573191.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1285904130.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1404689180.jpg

Definitely still quite some weeks, no? Looks mostly clear altho there is some amber to see. Weird.

Hmmm, yes I predict around 3 more weeks should be good. I am going to be away too so week 9 harvest is just not in the card. Week 8 or next week is still too early too, I think. So week 10 then, on the 5th of November. I guess I will feed them still until the end of next week. Wohooo so excited.
I just added 2 LED bulb COB type replacing the veg CFL 18W each as well as reinstalled 2 SMD LED bulb grow light 10W each. Just to add some more extra to the sunlight lol. The weather is a bit cloudy these past few days and will still be so til end of this week said the forecast, so lil bit extra helps. My aim is to light the area where the sunlight doesnt shine on as much.
And oh super late into current grow, I just installed 2 sunlight reflectors originally used in cars. Some more light dispersion off the sun should be good still. I am trying to amp the yield through any tricks available under my sleeve haha. Hopefully current addition and change will do them great. Pics tomorrow in the morning. Stay tuned!

Looks nice Mondstern

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So here is the pics from this morning. Only a small change to the setup. Man this non stop raining annoys me a lil bit really. I want the sun!!! Haha.
420-magazine-mobile1080397771.jpg

420-magazine-mobile344876978.jpg

Mondstern

I've gone over your journal and there are a few things and questions I'd like to point out and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lovely mystery seed sativa. She's got those one bladed leaves going on I see. :hmmmm:

Sorry, that sent before could start lol. My questions have to do deal with ph levels and veg cups. Why germinate you seeds all together? Seems to me that you would cause a lot of shock to each plant as you try to extract them from the main pot. Also I don't recall any ph level readings throughout your journal.

I know that during my first grow everything when wrong and I kept trying to fix things and change things all the time. This caused my beg to linger longer than it should have and my flower to not really produce. First my ph was high and I was root locked for way longer than I knew about. Next was all the topping and lay training I was implementing before they were ready. Also, the stretch and n the seedlings made it very hard to control as I did not burry them after transplant. Funny thing was I through about 50 bag seed into a pot at one time, little did I expect to have over 20 seedlings looking for a home.

I guess what I'm saying is keep it simple, watch your ph and nite levels. Don't feed so much as MJ take longer of over watered. I water on Sunday Wednesday and Saturday. I basically skip two days. One day feed, skip two and water with Ph adjusted water with some seaweed extract and the skip 2 days. So on and so forth. I like to check my run off water to make sure the ph running out of the potbelly s around what I've been putting in. Build up can be good and bad. Good cause you can lightly flush and use those nutes up and bad cause you can burn the plant.

I also noticed that in the pics you are getting better yield from the LED side. That's cause LEDs bring full spectrum of light and those plants are receiving more than the rest. The CFL are good in veg but I personally will never use them as I'm not a big fan of the production.

I have to say that I did not expect your grow to record vet as it has. Good job buddy!!! I really think you learned a lot. I do suggest using small plastic cups during germination before planting in such large bags. That will give the root system a better opportunity to succeed. Watch that ph and try to do as little as possible so you refrain from causing shock to the plant. Again good job and happy growing!!!

Sorry for any spelling errors lol

Damn, wish I could edit all that. Ugh, I sound like a fool.

Back
Top Bottom