NHTeatimes Indoor Attempt

NHTeatimes, about the only information I could find on my Buddha Magnum Auto was growing pointers from the breeder. They included the recommendation to begin decreasing the light down to at most 12/12, simulating the seasonal light change. Maybe you have a strain that works like that too.

I think your right Sue, I just have to figure out how im going to do it. Guess Ill have to buy more lights - wish it were February, could go buy my grow tent. I was wondering, where did you get your Buddha Magnum Auto from?

I got the seed from Herbies.

Great, thanks Sue. I want to find that happy giddy kind of strain - the last kind i grew was great for making tea and pain but for me its not smoke-able. Ill be following yours along and wait for an end report :)

Hi Beateo - I agree Herbies is pretty good. I actually just ordered some new seeds a couple weeks ago and they just came in. I love the anticipation of it all. Feeling like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the mailman to come :wood: :cheer:

Congrats on the new seeds, and let me just say wow its been very impressive to see your seeds go from some kinda straggly sprouts in the beginning to the nice big plants they are now in just 6 pages. You're doing great! I also think its awesome how you're trying only organics. You're on the right path for sure. Awesome work, organics, fluxing, autos, all very interesting!

Subbed in now, I had planned on catching up before but I get sidetracked a lot haha, sorry for that... (in fact my stop here now is me getting sidetracked from reading Sue's thread :rofl:) but if I can help in any way I will, or if you have an emergency/immediate Q you want me or other people at my thread (though it looks like many beat me here!) to look at feel free to post it in my thread I'll probably get back to you most quickly that way, not to try and come in here like "I know more than you I can fix all your probs!" - just offering my help if/when its needed! I'll definitely check back in and see what's going on for you, just please don't get upset at my housefly-like attention span hahaha, some times I'll be a great journal follower.... other times not so much. :circle-of-love:

By the way nice to meet you! - I just realized you're a girl, and not 2-4 times my age as most women here are - not to mention you're into organics - I think we're a friendship just waiting to happen :) hope so! Take care! :love:

SoilGirl thanks for stopping by! Its nice to meet you too!

I hear you about getting sidetracked - I am following so many journals and doing so much jumping around I started keeping another journal on my desktop with all tidbits of info i pick up. I copy and paste alot lol

I really want to try that live mulch and and living soil you and Sue are doing but still a bit timid. I'll just take it one step at a time. Thanks so much for the vote of confidence and for offering advice. Everyone here is so helpful its awesome!

Ive been following your journal from the very start - through the good, the bad, the ugly, and Wow and i have to say you definitely inspire me! I liked the idea of going organic w/ less chemicals - there's enough of that in our lives and if I can grow more naturally then Im all for it. Its people like you that spell it out in laymans terms that makes it easier to do. Thanks for that! :thanks::circle-of-love:

Aw you're SO welcome. And no rush at all - I know on my journal I'm very hardline about organics, and that can be scary to people.. but I also think there's many ways to achieve high quality organic bud. The first step is caring about what goes into you, the second is caring enough to stop with the synthetic/organic mix and match haha. Once you isolate your organics *non bottled dry ones* is when things will really start coming together. That's where I'm at, and there's no doubt in my mind why things are looking so great for my garden! I really just want Everyone to have the success I'm now finding. I truly believe I can't find a better soil, I can make slight improvements sure, but no more searching!!! What a find!!

And its actually easy! At first - COorganics' TLO thread is something that just FASCINATED me. Never seen anything like it. But it was intimidating. Then when he moved to LOS - I watched with wide eyes while I started gathering supplies for a PeeJay's mineralized, cooked supersoil approach. I paid attention. And eventually it was enough for me to start making the switch. These things take time and experience, and help from the amazing people here, I just want to pass that on. If it weren't for CO doing his threads and finding my first one, honestly, its hard to think where I'd be - (growing with jacks classic ferts... oh god.) :wood:

I wish you all the best nht! :)

I have decided to buy a grow tent. The area I am using at the moment is just not adequate. I need separate areas for veg and flower so I ended up going with a 48 x 48 x 78 tent for flowering and keeping my area I have now for veg. Now to find more lights and a carbon filter set up. Also looking into some cloth bags for next grow Love shopping, it always puts a smile on my face :circle-of-love:

Color me envious! I would love to be in a position to get a tent. I know eventually I'll probably have one, but it's so hard biding the time, and I still haven't figured out how to fit a tent into our tiny apartment. You're going to love the fabric pots. Go as big as you can. Regardless of which soil approach you choose they will still benefit from a larger pot. I'm using 7 gal and wishing they were 20-50 gallons.

Shopping is so much fun.

I was going to wait for my refund but at this point I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I need to keep afghan on 12/12 since shes flowering - she really doesn't like it any other way and she lets me know it. And then I have my Sweet Skunk that is still in veg and growing by leaps and bounds but no pistols yet and finally I have my turbo flux that needs to stay in veg. So out comes the plastic.... Charge It! And since I bought the tent, I have to order my filter set up and some more lights too. Ill just pay it off later. Its all or nothing - The tent would be useless without the other stuff right :circle-of-love: :cheesygrinsmiley:

7 gal sounds big enough for me to start with. I am going with two plants next time around and I would really like to try your technique. We shall see!

Congrats can't wait to see the new tent all set up!! - me too Beateo hahaha. Every time I get a little money, ooh look at the shiny light and that smelly rock dust!!! Must have!!! - wait where'd my money go..... :lot-o-toke:

Feeding today of Cal/mag, bat guano, and lots of water for Afghan. She just sucks it up - im watering her almost every other day now. finally the first signs of flowering so she and skunk are down to 12/12 and I switched lights from MH to HPS. I removed the flux to another room for the day under new LEDs. Thats going to get old quick, shes heavy when shes watered. Cant wait for my tent!!

Its been a while since I updated so here we go with pictures.
Skunk is growing by leaps and bounds. Shes 3.5 ft tall now and after 1st week there are flowers everywhere. I trimmed her out quite a bit to get better light penetration and also bent some of her branches down. Man can she suck up the water. I went down to the room this morning and found her all droopy even though I watered her really good on Tuesday.

P84.JPG
P77.JPG
P243.JPG
P148.JPG
P104.JPG

Afghan is looking like a scraggly little shit - shes 4 weeks into flowering but shes had issues lately. I dont know what her problem is but Ive been so busy lately I havent had time to really mess around with her. She is frosty though

P610.JPG

P415.JPG
P323.JPG

And turbo flux - still trying to grow out more limbs. I topped the ends hoping the lil ones will catch up. I have been taking her out of the room and putting her under LEDs upstairs when the lights go out for the other two but she seems to develop quicker when I keep her in the dark with the other two. So this week im leaving her with her sisters and see what happens.

(The debris you see is from the trimming I just did.)

P1210.JPG

Group photo

P1110.JPG
P93.JPG

Im so glad these plants are so resilient. Like I said I haven't had time to turn around twice, just been straight out with things life throws at you so the fact that they are surviving and arent worse off than afghan looks is crazy. Havent set up my new tent yet - its still sitting in a box in my kitchen along with all the new accessories I picked up. I guess Ill get to it someday just not today, tomorrow doesnt look good either Oh well.

Have a Great weekend all - may all your grows astound you! :circle-of-love:

Yeah, life is tricky like that. I'm so glad mine take such good care of themselves. It only takes me about ten minutes every morning to turn, measure and water. It takes much more time to document and post. LOL!

I'm excited to hear you're planning on LOS next run. Life becomes so much easier. All the pleasure of growing and none - and I mean none - of the stress you see all over this forum and others like it. Wait until you're up and running with soil that does most of the work for you. There's no turning back from there. You deserve an easier life JJ. :love:

Despite whatever is going on with your Afghan she's nice and frosty, and the Skunk looks amazing. Can't wait to see her explode in flowers. That fluxing technique is so tempting. I may need to try it on an auto at some point. After much reading and observing of other growers I'm convinced that with a gentle touch you could pull it off without over stressing an auto.

:Namaste:

You were right Rado, I wish I had taken a picture of the pathetic state she was in, it was so sad. But last night I got home and she was reaching for the light again :)

Beateo, I wish I could smoke it! The stuff I grew last summer makes me too paranoid so I drink it in as a tea at night. Its almost gone though so afghan better finish up quick or Im going to have to go knock on a friends door :laughtwo: Im hoping one of these three Im growing has a better effect

Sue, that is going to be the ultimate. Plant them and let nature do the work - I Cant Wait!! I am going to start making a list of everything Ill need so back to studying journals again (i guess that never stops) :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom