My 1st grow

Not really wrong - but perhaps not the whole picture.

The reason a plant goes hermie can be from a variety of factors - bad genetics certainly being one. But female pollen is not prone to creating hermies - in fact its the preferred method for many breeders. The reason is because the seeds will go all female, because the plant was never pollenated by a male, so it has only female chromosomes to pass on.

That having been said, if the plant is tending towards hermaphroditic tendencies anyways - then any seeds from it will have those traits pronounced - because there is no other genetic info to offset it. So in that sense, yes - if you have a clearly hermie plant and you get seeds then you are basically breeding in that trait and may get more hermies. But by the same token, if you have a plant that tends to be hermie - and treat it well - it will not hermaphrodize, and you can breed that trait out.

Welcome Whiskey Papa,

Thanks for stopping by bro and helping me out with that info. I dont know if it was genetics are just my fault. One thing I do know is that is looks like she has stopped producing them, but not in time to stop them from doing what they do...LOL Looks like I'm gonna have to grow these seeds and see what happens..

Hi MI, sorry for the slow response.

If you are LST' ing then you will probably find they slide under a screen reasonably well, since they'll be shorter and wider already.

In a 2x3 you can probably do 4 or more plants with room to do maintenance, depending on how long you veg.

I'd just do a little at a time in that basement area until you've got it ready to load up. Give yourself time to get it done and it'll look as good as mr greens setup from youtube. In the meantime you'll have a bigger better setup in your new area for a grow or two while your're waiting.:goodjob:

Its all good bro, Thanks for the responce. I might just look into it for a future grow.

Oh yea we're gonna take our time and try to do this room right. :Rasta: I think it will look pretty awesome when it's done. We won't be growing with a hydo set-up but I like the overall set-up he had.

If I remember right, MI got the flowers on whitney from a little bit of light stress. I don't believe you would consider that a true hermi.

Did she stop throwing flowers MI? If so then those seeds will just be feminized.

Peace

I belive she went a lil hermie on me, b/c of the light that's my guess but it could have been genetics who really knows when you grow a plant from an unknow seed.... it looks like she has stopped throwing balls at me so far.

Well Whitney is doing just fine she likes the company of the 1024. She is really healthy and is getting alot of colas forming.:cheer: Her main one is just about an inch and a half around give or take. The rest are any where from 1" to a 1/2 an inch around. She still has a good 3 weeks maybe a month or so left. I hope she starts to phatten up, I would like to see those numbers double at least.

Well no photos yet b/c i dont have access to a camera. Maybe once taxes come back but how knows...

Well it's roughly day 45 of flowering, Whitney is growing very nicely. Her colas are really starting to swell up. From the looks of it she will have some nice pop corn nugs as well. So we're excited about that, we plan to flush her with just plain water in about a week or two give or take. Her buds just keep growing not fast but steady, if this keeps up I might just let her flower for an extra week or so. Hence in around 15 days or so it will be roughly 8 weeks of flowering, I think the extra time will fatten up her buds nicely..

I cliped a bud the other day, the smoke gave me a buzz but you could taste the nutes and it was very premature. Personally I think the extra couple weeks will do her just fine.

Sorry for no pics once again, but I cant get to a camera yet.
Will try to borrow one some time soon I hope..

Hi Mi, sounds like things are on track for a good finish. Hope the few seeds you get turn out to be a great future grow.
Good luck brother.

Hello 420,

Well it's day 49 or so of flowering and Whitney is looking very good. She has plenty of buds formed and swelling up.

I had to return our 400 watt MH light so now she is under 400 watts of cfl lights, in a 1'x3' area. So this is how it looks for the present time.

013145.JPG

On the left where the chains are hanging is gonna be our flowering area when I'm done creating this area. I'm planning on making a new grow light for our flowering area details in our 2nd journal.
But at this present time the 1'x3' closed door area is our make shift flowering room. Yes the copy paper has came down. Will place something up there some time..:grinjoint:

Well here are a couple photos of Whitney at roughy day 49 of floweing...

I love the way she looks in this photo
01898.JPG

015116.JPG

Thanks Mmmmick I hope they will be good to me...lol

Looking nice, good luck with your flower room, plant looks like it is packing on some weight, great job. Tried to rep you but the powers that be won't let me yet. Rep to come. Great job...

Looking nice, good luck with your flower room, plant looks like it is packing on some weight, great job. Tried to rep you but the powers that be won't let me yet. Rep to come. Great job...

Sorry I havent stopped by my MI brothers. So gotta stop by and say HIGH!! llooks like the nugs are fattening up. I gotta owe you a rep. I cant give anymore out today...LOL..never had that happen before.

Thanks for all of your support guys.. It means alot to me...

Well we cut down Whitney, she gave us a good 1/2 OZ dried of green meds. Here is a photo dated 2/1/2010

002308.JPG

The remaining buds that was harvested 2day 2/5/2010...

003273.JPG

Sorry no camera at the present time to take pics, but a smoke report will come with-in a few days or so. :thanks: to every1 who has helped us our during this learning experience.

Well this journal is closed and finished.

Now we're focused on our 1024's..

Much love to every1 in the 420 community!!!!

Congrats on finishing your first grow!!!!! I had a light bar finish mine :smokin:for me...glad you let your go til they were ready.:ganjamon:

Has been a good show, glad you let us watch bro, you are good people!

:peace: brother.

Congrats on finishing your first grow!!!!! I had a light bar finish mine :smokin:for me...glad you let your go til they were ready.:ganjamon:

Has been a good show, glad you let us watch bro, you are good people!

:peace: brother.

Whitney was close to harvest and our client was in alot of pain so we harvested her a lil early just for them. It was alot of fun, and we have made alot of friends over the past couple months. Your good people as well bro.

:thanks: for watching and supporting our 1st grow.

:peace:

Hi MI, congrats on your first harvest. Sorry I'm a couple of days late.:goodjob:

Can't rep you, I owe ya one.:cool:

It's all good Mmmmick, thanks for taking the time to stop by, its always good to hear from ya..

I learned alot from this grow......

Fuck me look at the size of that christmas tree. hope my plants look sumthink like thats but a bit big for my setup lol. im a bit of a tramp by using my fishtank florestent light for my plant, im a student n thats all i can get, just seeing what happens, if i get any buds il be happy to save some money, lol. my plants look very healthy and strong, about 3 n half weeks old. just have to keep my fingers crossed, n hope for the best.

Yo Mi..Hows it going. I was just catching up and Saw your post. Hope all is well Bro. See you on the 1024 thread.:ganjamon:

Everything is going pretty well. Thanks for swinging by Butcher..

Fuck me look at the size of that christmas tree. hope my plants look sumthink like thats but a bit big for my setup lol. im a bit of a tramp by using my fishtank florestent light for my plant, im a student n thats all i can get, just seeing what happens, if i get any buds il be happy to save some money, lol. my plants look very healthy and strong, about 3 n half weeks old. just have to keep my fingers crossed, n hope for the best.

:welcome:Redeyes, Thanks for your comment. I wish you the best with your grow. I bet a couple cfl lights would be better than that fishtank light. CFL's are pretty cheap as well. It just a thought.. I hope it helps you out

ye thanks can u tel me what the best CFLs to buy. any help grateful. thanks

You said your plants are 3 & 1/2 weeks or so right. Well I would get a few 42watt (6500k) bulbs {about $10 and equal to 200 total watts each}, a clamp light and some Y adapters.

When you want to flower just get 42 watt (2700k) bulbs and you should be fine..Add as many as your space needs..

I hope that helps you out...

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress - 420 Magazine

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom