Waikiki Queen - My 1st Indoor Grow Ever!

IMG_140829.JPG

That's just an initial trim job so they can all be hung on close hangers. It seems effective. I have them drying in a metal grow cabinet that I was ripped-off on before getting my tent. At least it is serving a purpose now though and it has a small carbon filter and I got a small fan going inside for some air circulation. Plus its dark! The humidity is lower than I would like at 44% but that's New England in the winter. Any suggestions - I don't want the initial dry out to occur too fast... The plan originally was to wait 9 days and then jar them and opening a couple times a day for the 1st week and then once a day every day for 30 days. But because of the RH in there, maybe a day or so sooner. Then crack those jars daily.

The remainder of the harvest will be next week.Thanks everyone & Happy New Year!!!! What a ride! I can't wait to start my next grow!

That's just an initial trim job so they can all be hung on close hangers. It seems effective. I have them drying in a metal grow cabinet that I was ripped-off on before getting my tent. At least it is serving a purpose now though and it has a small carbon filter and I got a small fan going inside for some air circulation. Plus its dark! The humidity is lower than I would like at 44% but that's New England in the winter. Any suggestions - I don't want the initial dry out to occur too fast... The plan originally was to wait 9 days and then jar them and opening a couple times a day for the 1st week and then once a day every day for 30 days. But because of the RH in there, maybe a day or so sooner. Then crack those jars daily.

The remainder of the harvest will be next week.Thanks everyone & Happy New Year!!!! What a ride! I can't wait to start my next grow!

9 days may be a little long. My experience is 5 to 7 days but YMMV. Too dry bad long terms. Too moist bad too.

Mine were harvested Dec 26 and jarred Dec 31. My RH just got down to 45% when they were jarred. Probably at harvest was running 55% or greater. Humidity in one of the jars was 58% today so I'll just burp jars for a few days then add Boveda 62 packs.

Raining today and expected through tomorrow so RH up a bit.

Good job on your harvest man. A pat on the back is deserved. :high-five:

and a little harvest party :party:

I'm only 20-40 minutes away from you in a city aka "Mill City", what I do is hang them in a cardboard box for 3-4 then cut individual buds into jars. Morning and night for 3 days take out of jar for 30 min and place into cardboard box. Then every day for 7 days shake jar and open for 15 min. I'm sure there are other methods out here, but this is what I do.

Congrats on the harvest!

Haha - thanks Timmy... Tomula gets that off one plant! I have a lot of learning to do!

Hey, I got only 75g from my big girl, the light was spread too too much. Yours are looking much better especially the lower branches. I think you did make a great job! Hang them in dark (the buds deteriorate in direct light) and some airflow, no need for lot just some. Ppl are hanging them pinned in cardboard box. Five days hanging is enough the most important are the jars. make sure you got stable temps for curing and storage. Cupboard over cooker is not good. I think 2 months of curing the buds are very ready. Check the sides of the jars for water droplets. They will change the smell a bit. I think you will make it all right. Good job, big reps for this! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Does it make any difference if you hang dry them in darkness or with light?

I duuno? out in a lighted room is Ok for me first day after chop. technically some photosynthsis can still happen just after chop. Not something I worry about but i dont put indirect sunlight... But I go dark after that or mostly dark in a brown paper bag. dont take it from me I think I always over dry, It is my enemy this drying business.

looking good with the harvest :cheer: are you happy with the smoke........:Namaste:

Cheers !

GreenSmurf, I used to work in Mill City for 12 years before I changed offices! Great diners! Tomula, I'm definitely going to work on my LST techniques on my next grow. I saw a guy who used close pins with the fabric pots I have and it seemed quick and very effectiveI'll do 3 plants instead of 4 but that may be pushing it still. I would go with 2 plants but I'm just paranoid I'll screw things up and have a crappy yield.

Yeah, the lower branches still got some decent bud (which I will harvest this coming weekend), surprisingly, considering I did not do any LST. So I gotta attribute that to the LEDS. I'll post some pix tonight of what the remainder of my crop looks like. I think there is maybe another Z of decent bud and the rest I'm making butter with (my gf gave me the Magic Butter machine for Xmas and I'm excited to use it as I've never made edibles myself before!)

Although I am not sure how to move this into the "Completed Grow Journals", I would like to keep this open throughout the cure process because its soooo important.
:Namaste:

GreenSmurf, I used to work in Mill City for 12 years before I changed offices! Great diners! Tomula, I'm definitely going to work on my LST techniques on my next grow. I saw a guy who used close pins with the fabric pots I have and it seemed quick and very effectiveI'll do 3 plants instead of 4 but that may be pushing it still. I would go with 2 plants but I'm just paranoid I'll screw things up and have a crappy yield.

Yeah, the lower branches still got some decent bud (which I will harvest this coming weekend), surprisingly, considering I did not do any LST. So I gotta attribute that to the LEDS. I'll post some pix tonight of what the remainder of my crop looks like. I think there is maybe another Z of decent bud and the rest I'm making butter with (my gf gave me the Magic Butter machine for Xmas and I'm excited to use it as I've never made edibles myself before!)

Although I am not sure how to move this into the "Completed Grow Journals", I would like to keep this open throughout the cure process because its soooo important.
:Namaste:

Nice. Sounds great. You can report it with the triangle button bottom left in posts. You can do it whenever you feel like done. :cheer:

So the air here in the NE is very very dry. I hung my bud for only 4 days and even the biggest and denses buds were very dry and ready to jar... ground up & been smoking with out a problem. So only 4 days in a dark cabinet with minimal air flow (1 fan blowing away from bud not at it) and my bud has been over dried if anything! In fact, after I jared them last week only after having it dry for 4 days and my humidity even after a entire day of the jar not being opened only reached 51% max inside! This curing is tricky. That being said, this bud is potent both in smoke and I made some super potent butter with higher quality trim & lower buds. Again, before closing this thread I would like to include some pix of the dried bud along with a yield weight. Then this thread will be done.

IMG_149433.JPG

So I can combine everything into those two huge jars and those would be full. I figure those hold 2oz a piece (I can't find my el-cheapo scale! so I gotta guess!) and that's all prime bud. Then there's at least another 4.5oz of grade C bud and some trim in those bags (freezer bound) for edibles & tincture. Also, disclaimer - I've probably smoked a 1/4 out of a jar already and cooked another Z of bud/trim for butter so add that on top! :grinjoint:

IMG_7184_2.JPG

So here is everything. Thanks again so much for everyone's support!!! :thanks::Namaste:

So I just cleaned my tent and think I may start another grow thread. I just started 2 strains from seed. My next grow is Amherst Sour Diesel & Hash Bomb. I'm going to keep it to 2 plants and try to really maximize energy and growth by using lollipopping and LST techniques.

Back
Top Bottom