My 1st grow

I read an article this morning thats really makes me upset. Our jackazz Senate committee wants to stop having caregivers for medical pot. Instead they want to licenece 10 growing facilities through-out the state instead of letting the people grow their own meds. This is an outrage just b/c we have over 3,000 caregivers in the state growing for over 7,000 patients who use medical herbs for their pain. Sen. Gerald VanWoerkon a repulican from Norton Shores says " That's a lot of marijunana growing out there and I do think the system is getting out of control to a certian point."
I personally feel this is an attempt to reverse the law that we the citizens of Michigan voted for back in 2008. I think they are seeing the cash flow that weed can create and want the whole pie.

These people want medical herb to be purched through pharmacists after getting their prescription from their doctor. WTF wouldn't that make it harder to get ur prescription filled. hence there is no Federal Law that requires doctors to write perscriptions for medical herb so most doctors wont write them and pharmacies dont legally have to carry mary jane b/c it's against Federal Law.

I personally think every caregiver and patient needs to write your congressman or woman and express your 1st amendment right and let them know how you feel about this new proposed legislation.

Here is the senator's contact info if you wanted to know...

Office Address: 605 Farnum Bldg.
Mailing Address: Senator Gerald Van Woerkom
P.O. Box 30036
Lansing, MI 48909-7536
By Phone: (517) 373-1635
By Fax: (517) 373-3300
By Email: sengvanwoerkom@senate.michigan.gov

District Office:
1065 Fourth St.
Suite A
Muskegon, MI 49440
Phone: (231) 722-6590
FAX: (231) 722-6964

That is a common travesty... It seems that lawmakers make it there full time job to go against what the people (us) want / need. Here in WA, things have been quiet on that front, but there have been a lot of arrests of people that are growing legally. Feds are ramping up and starting to notice even small medical grows. Time to take a good look at my operation and see what I can do to make it more stealth again. I wish that the LEDS had performed as stated, that would have gone a long way to remove heat signature and power usage. As it is, I would say that LED's work, you just don't save electricity with them, you have to go watt for watt with HPS / MH. Maybe if someone starts producing them cheap enough to be viable. Until then, its HID and CFL as the only good options. OK, I am done rambling for now.

That is a common travesty... It seems that lawmakers make it there full time job to go against what the people (us) want / need. Here in WA, things have been quiet on that front, but there have been a lot of arrests of people that are growing legally. Feds are ramping up and starting to notice even small medical grows.

Stand ur ground my friend, but always be smart...If your growing legally I personally would tell the FED's to go stick it where the sun don't shine.

Oh, and a unfinished 10 X 10 room. *DROOOOOOL*. That sounds like a fun playground to work with!

Oh yea baby I can't wait to start this project. I just got through measuring it and it's only 6'x7'.. only bad things is it's feels like 20 degrees down there.. It needs to be insulated bad, a heating duct needs to be added and a lot of TLC.... Its on the drawing board my friend.

Always good to hear from ya Happynow..

Hay MH,

I have a buddy who just moved to the Denver area and said the dank there is fcking awesome. He also stated that's a bitch b/c he stopped smoking 3 months b4 he moved. Quite ironic I think...

Ummm I have only smoked since I started again from one provider/friend and a few tastes of different purchased stuff. I know my provider's strain's are all good because they come from the big dispensary in Colorado Springs and the owner of that is quite anal when it comes to finding the correct strains and he is rich (now) so it is not a problem.

So I think the pot here rocks....:smokin:. If my provider would figure out what is causing his plants to throw flowers so he could stop seeding his newer plants (dude is impossible to give advice to, so I don't even try anymore), I guess he had a bigger outbreak AGAIN...fortunately for me, I have plenty of stuff so only have to trim for him as a favor to him. :Rasta: (Dude has been great to me so is not a problem other than getting pollen coated).

But I will soon have my own pot and that is a good feeling. :grinjoint:

I thought the fed's promised no more arrests for marijuana or did Obama go back on his word? :peace:

O'Bama has not reneged on his word. To date there hasn't been any mandate to prosecute for medical marijuana. BUT the laws are still on the books, so in actuality you might have several "rogue" federal prosecutors out there that may be testing the limits. In-turn, it will probably end-up forcing the Administration to make a clearer statement on the feds intentions going forward. In my opinion, O'Bama has been pretty hands-off on state matters thus far.

S.F

So I think the pot here rocks....:smokin:.
But I will soon have my own pot and that is a good feeling. :grinjoint:

We will here in about a month or so. We're happy about that. I'm personally looking 4word to the next couple grows.:slide::smokin:

O'Bama has not reneged on his word. To date there hasn't been any mandate to prosecute for medical marijuana. BUT the laws are still on the books, so in actuality you might have several "rogue" federal prosecutors out there that may be testing the limits. In-turn, it will probably end-up forcing the Administration to make a clearer statement on the feds intentions going forward. In my opinion, O'Bama has been pretty hands-off on state matters thus far.

S.F

Thanks SF for your insight and comment bro..

Oh wait, I kinda forgot I am smoking my own pot right now.......:roorrip:, just not my pretty girl, she has only started to go cloudy.

Smoking the small but potent sick buds. You see the pic of the bud I broke open? :cheer::cheer: (just not enough of them sick little plants.)

Just a little update on Whitney this morning. She is doing great lots of buds have formed and she polinated herself b/c I see seeds starting to form in a couple buds. So she is gonna have a few seeds oh well I dont mind. The smoke still will be good. :cheer::grinjoint: Still a long way to go at least 3-4 weeks left. I dont remember... Short term memory lose damn I hate that.

But there's ur update... Maybe when we get our taxes back I could but a new camera...LOL

MI Grower well at least if you have a cpl seeds from her pollenating herself ya know they are female. :)

That would be awesome MDVL!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but you may not want those seeds. They may be all female, but they will be prone to hermi just like their mom. At least that is how I understand it to work? Correct me if I am wrong.

I dont know about that bro, I'll have to look into it..

If I remember right, MI got the flowers on whitney from a little bit of light stress. I don't believe you would consider that a true hermi.

Did she stop throwing flowers MI? If so then those seeds will just be feminized.

Peace

Correct me if I am wrong, but you may not want those seeds. They may be all female, but they will be prone to hermi just like their mom. At least that is how I understand it to work? Correct me if I am wrong.

Not really wrong - but perhaps not the whole picture.

The reason a plant goes hermie can be from a variety of factors - bad genetics certainly being one. But female pollen is not prone to creating hermies - in fact its the preferred method for many breeders. The reason is because the seeds will go all female, because the plant was never pollenated by a male, so it has only female chromosomes to pass on.

That having been said, if the plant is tending towards hermaphroditic tendencies anyways - then any seeds from it will have those traits pronounced - because there is no other genetic info to offset it. So in that sense, yes - if you have a clearly hermie plant and you get seeds then you are basically breeding in that trait and may get more hermies. But by the same token, if you have a plant that tends to be hermie - and treat it well - it will not hermaphrodize, and you can breed that trait out.

I hope to fill our area with massive amounts of buds....lol:cheer: A thought or two came across my mind to do a scrog this grow. I'm {lst} them as we speak so who know's. How hard is it to train the plants to get used to it.

Is 2 or 3 plants to many for a 2x3 foot area when doing a scrog?

Oh Yes we do!! That will happen at a later date. This will have to work for the time. I want to get at least one or good grow under our belt before we move to the bigger room.

We got a couple of ideas for this other space down in the basement ( it's 10'x10' at least) but we can't grow there yet.. It needs alot of work. When I mean a lot of work I mean about a few hundred bucks if not more give or take. When we bought this house and 1st put my eyes on this room I had a dream. To Grow Big Smelly, Dank buds for all to enjoy! Not to get rich but to help bring joy to this Earth... This was before we were blessed with this legal licence to grow medical herbs. It will take some know how to put this room together. It is the perfect room in a nut shell, the only down fall is it needs to be fully insilated, disinfected and every thing from the ground up needs to be done so to speak. Their are power boxes down there as well as 2x4 beams across the ceiling. There are also spaces to vent out the air and heat. Only if I had the funds. Oh well maybe a future project down the road... It's like the basement from that green dude's video on youtube..

Always good to hear from ya bro.

Hi MI, sorry for the slow response.

If you are LST' ing then you will probably find they slide under a screen reasonably well, since they'll be shorter and wider already.

In a 2x3 you can probably do 4 or more plants with room to do maintenance, depending on how long you veg.

I'd just do a little at a time in that basement area until you've got it ready to load up. Give yourself time to get it done and it'll look as good as mr greens setup from youtube. In the meantime you'll have a bigger better setup in your new area for a grow or two while your're waiting.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom