My first grow ever - How many plants will fit in my tent?

How many solo cups would fit in there? Just kidding.
There are so many variables in that question seriously you could fill it with clones in solo cups and scrog or grow one plant in there just depends on what you want to do. I would try two plants from clone, veg for 3 to 5 weeks or until the plants almost touch then flip to flower

1 plant would be a really tight squeze if u grow em like I do. Just depends on how you want to grow. 1 plant for 5-6oz or 4 plants for 6-7oz lol. With your LED using about 320 true watts that should work out quite nicely with your 9 square feet. Little short of 45w to 50w per square ft but im sure you will do well.
Really though, on how many? Grow 1 really big by topping,fimming and LST or seveal smaller ones. Depends on u.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yea, now that I calculate it you could use more light. Your gonna be at 35 watts per square foot. Do you have another smaller LED to join your 700? Maybe one of those UFO style LED's would be a good addition

Yea, now that I calculate it you could use more light. Your gonna be at 35 watts per square foot. Do you have another smaller LED to join your 700? Maybe one of those UFO style LED's would be a good addition

No i will only have the 700 so i hope that will be enough for a first grow. When it's time for My second grow i may upgrade :)

The seeds i buy come in 5 seeds/pack, so It would be great if i could put all of them in the tent. :p

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

No i will only have the 700 so i hope that will be enough for a first grow. When it's time for My second grow i may upgrade :)

The seeds i buy come in 5 seeds/pack, so It would be great if i could put all of them in the tent. :p

35W will work for sure don't get me wrong. Harvest will be a little lighter than 50W per square foot is all. 5 may be doable, to be honest I don't know because that's not my growing style. Lots of people do the SOG (sea of green) way but I never have. I like to turn my plants into the biggest baddest monsters I can ;). If it were my first grow and I were doing the same thing as you I may do 3 for a few reasons. 1st, because it would be my first grow and you WILL learn some things both to do and not to do on your next grow. And if something goes downhill you have beans to get going again. By the time you grow your 3 beans I bet you will get more of a harvest on the remaining 2 on the 2nd grow just because of what you learn ya know? I think you will have quite a damn handful with 5 plants in a 3 foot by 3 foot area lol.

Blue: The 700 draws approx 350 from the socket, so you may have to raise your plants up a bit higher to get the intensity and penetration you want. raise them an inch every day till you detect a bit of leaf burn, then back it off 1 or 2". That will be the distance you want to keep your plants from the LED unit. As the plants grow, you'll have to lower them, or raise the LED, to maintain that distance.

It depends on if you see your plants stretching too much in veg. You're better off keeping those nodes closer at this stage of life.

Luckily I have all my grows on a spreadsheet.

The plants I'm growing atm were both random bagseeds from many years ago.
Germinated at exactly the same time after 3 days.
18/6 until flip which was exactly 28 days.
Pistils showed on both after 14 more days.
Now they are on day 14 of flower.

This grow of mine is really an experiment to see if I can grow something well without using any nutrients at all. All good so far.

Back
Top Bottom