My First Grow

they do look over watered.. what frequency are you watering at.. Looks like I am seeing some discoloration to. Have you started with the nutes yet? Are you misting them or foliar in any way? do you know what your humidity is in there?

they look like they are over watered, if it gets worse, then you have problems

what day are they on? im excited to get mine to look like yours :cheesygrinsmiley:

They are on day 14, and i think i might have over watered them.. and dont worry just a couple days and yours will be just like mine thanks for the help

they do look over watered.. what frequency are you watering at.. Looks like I am seeing some discoloration to. Have you started with the nutes yet? Are you misting them or foliar in any way? do you know what your humidity is in there?

Im glad your helping me Be Irie, I was watering them everyday till i noticed them being sad then decided to transplant just incase it got worser, but i have been watering alot. I also noticed them being a lil yellow instead of green green like they use to be a week back, and i have started to foliar feed with fox farms veg and also tried the tbs in gallon of water and i fed them with that like 2 days then started to notice nute burn so i quit that and i just foliar feed here and there. Unfortunatley i havent been able to purchase a humidity checker, any idea where or how much they are? thanks alot for the help guys i would never have figured out the overwatering if yall hadnt mentioned it.

Whenever you are introducing chem nutes never go full strength..Especially at that age...Maybe try and split your watering's between watering roots and foliar... if you have a spot for it maybe get a bowl of water in there to try and help get the humidity up a little bit.

you said this
" i have started to foliar feed with fox farms veg and also tried the tbs in gallon of water and i fed them with that like 2 days then started to notice nute burn "

Is the FF veg meaning Grow Big? TBS??? You guys are killing me with the tablespoons of GB... It should be tsp hopefully it was a typo...

Looks like lots of us are helping... With all this braiin power we will get you straightened out...

Just ease up on the watering's and see how it reacts... Then we will work on the feedings...

Yes Grow Big and tsp sorry it was a typo, im gonna lay off watering till i see they are thirsty that way i can manage when they need watering and when they dont i also tried the lifting the vase to see how heavy it is and when its not but i dont think i was good at it lol, and i do have room for a bowl with water can it be just any bowl with water or certain size? thanks again

p.s. i use to be at another forum where i use to ask for help and the people at the forum would actually get upset that i would ask so many q's but i was just trying to learn, im glad i fell in love with the forum here and the people because yall are so helping and dont even get upset thanks! Special shoutout to Be Irie now i know why your head of grow support because you are just that thanks

p.s. i use to be at another forum where i use to ask for help and the people at the forum would actually get upset that i would ask so many q's but i was just trying to learn, im glad i fell in love with the forum here and the people because yall are so helping and dont even get upset thanks! Special shoutout to Be Irie now i know why your head of grow support because you are just that thanks

Patience is a good thing, in life as well as growing. Thanks for the compliment, but I am the newest member of the support team, and have all the veterans to keep me in line.. We have a good team here, there is a lot of work that that the mods and support do behind the scenes that make this a pleasurable place to come to... Learning, helping and turning you guys into lean mean growing machines makes it all worth it... If it wasn't for you guys and gals we would not be here..... :peace:

quick update i havent watered hoping the soil dries up a bit, also added a bowl and a bottle full of water, hopefully it helps out and im looking forward to my plants recovering from over waterness ill have pics up a lil bit later they are taking in the light!!!

They are on day 14, and i think i might have over watered them.. and dont worry just a couple days and yours will be just like mine thanks for the help

Im glad your helping me Be Irie, I was watering them everyday till i noticed them being sad then decided to transplant just incase it got worser, but i have been watering alot. I also noticed them being a lil yellow instead of green green like they use to be a week back, and i have started to foliar feed with fox farms veg and also tried the tbs in gallon of water and i fed them with that like 2 days then started to notice nute burn so i quit that and i just foliar feed here and there. Unfortunatley i havent been able to purchase a humidity checker, any idea where or how much they are? thanks alot for the help guys i would never have figured out the overwatering if yall hadnt mentioned it.
you can get a thermostat and humidity stat for pretty cheap if you haven't got it yet. 10-20$

lol all good i get it now thats true huh how long do you think it takes for 12/12 rather than the usual hrs

it is usually less than 90 days on a 12/12 from seed. yields are around an oz a plant (i had above an oz w/cfl's before and i think BQ3 is already there under hps) if you can keep the flowers in good light. vegitating a plant can easily take that long with 6-10 weeks of flowering to follow - if they are female!

i clock mine from the time they sex and give them 7-8 weeks at least. i have a lot of different strains so after the weeks go by i just keep a eye out waiting to see who has the most amber on the trich's. harvest on 70%+ trich's being amber.

everything like super cropping and topping -- not L.S.T. -- add time to a 12/12 grow and might even mess stuff up, and should be avoided!!! those are proceedures for veg time!!!

also it seems like you need more light!!!!

replace the bulbs you have now w/42 watt bulbs then get fixtures so you can reuse the bulbs w/the 42's and you'll do better.

light is the key above everything else, and the more light you have the easyier it'll be to dry the soil after a overwatering event.

also thanks a bunch for the nomination as member of the month!!!!!!!!!!!
:smokin:

If I looked at the picture right, it looked like you had foil/mylar under the plants. From what I've learned that could burn the bottom side of the leaves. With foil/mylar there is 2 things to watch out for, 1 is make sure it doesn't get dirty from watering and feeding, 2 is try to keep it as crease-less as possible. It will lose it's reflectivity once its dirty and the creases can act like little sun beams and burn little spots on the plants. Sorry don't mean to sound like a drag, I just want you to know what to look for in case something starts to go wrong. Someone could have mentioned that in a earlier post but I didn't read all of them.

Thanks KillAton, and yes i have some at the bottom of the plants do you think its better if i take it off? i didnt use to have it but i had extra so i just laid it out but i use to have styro foam under them, but if its gonna burn lil holes in them later its coming off! lol

NBK380, thanks for your help as well and your right ive noticed that with less light it takes longer to dry the soil, i currently have 4 cfls i think they are 23w each i need to get bigger ones huh you think i could get 2 42w and extensions and use my current 23w ones? for a total of 6 cfls? oh and your welcome i have seen you here and there in threads helping people out. That i was like wait a minute i think a good candidate would be you, so i nominated you.

PennyB thanks for checking out my grow

Heres a current update, as of 12:16pm central time..... I still havent watered them i foliar fed this morning around 7 and they look alot better than they did before a lil bit of color has come back they look a lil bit geener, also i forgot to take a pic of the bowl with water (Be Irie suggested for humidity seems to be working thanks), so here they are..

skunkupdate29.JPG
took part of a lead off due to nute burn plus this is the struggler so i figured it i took a piece off it would help it regain itself faster...
skunkupdate28.JPG

skunkupdate30.JPG
My favorite and best looking one
skunkupdate31.JPG

skunkupdate32.JPG

skunkupdate33.JPG
current light setup 4 23w cfl's
skunkupdate34.JPG

skunkupdate36.JPG

skunkupdate37.JPG

Thanks KillAton, and yes i have some at the bottom of the plants do you think its better if i take it off? i didnt use to have it but i had extra so i just laid it out but i use to have styro foam under them, but if its gonna burn lil holes in them later its coming off! lol

NBK380, thanks for your help as well and your right ive noticed that with less light it takes longer to dry the soil, i currently have 4 cfls i think they are 23w each i need to get bigger ones huh you think i could get 2 42w and extensions and use my current 23w ones? for a total of 6 cfls? oh and your welcome i have seen you here and there in threads helping people out. That i was like wait a minute i think a good candidate would be you, so i nominated you.

PennyB thanks for checking out my grow
I would say remove it from under the plants for sure. If its foil than that's the least reflective material you can use. Its like 55% reflective. Much better off with flat white paint or white plastic. The white plastic you can order online or at your local grow store. Those both are like 75%-80% reflective.

Cool yea its foil, i think ima gonna go to my local hydro expo store and i think they sell the roll of mylar for like 17 bucks i should have invested in it earlier but i had been stallin on it im gonna buy it either next friday or wed when the cash comes in lol

I'm using thick white plastic that's black on 1 side. They should have it at your store. Should be cheaper than the mylar too. Look into both than decide don't just use mylar cause its famous. I personally like the white plastic very reflective and easy to clean don't have to worry about creasing it either.

Ok so i started 12/12 today they look better, i was suprised to see the strugler better as well after i cut a leaf off. I was wondering if anyone could help on determining when they need water for example what are the effects, i had been watering them everyday but i had overwatered, ive been foliar feeding only that looks like its going good, also how can you tell if your plant it healthy? I was also thinking of a scrog grow but dont know when is it that im suppose to put the screen up? :thanks:

Ok so i started 12/12 today they look better, i was suprised to see the strugler better as well after i cut a leaf off. I was wondering if anyone could help on determining when they need water for example what are the effects, i had been watering them everyday but i had overwatered, ive been foliar feeding only that looks like its going good, also how can you tell if your plant it healthy? I was also thinking of a scrog grow but dont know when is it that im suppose to put the screen up? :thanks:

i usually know to water when my leafs are sagging like they do at night in the middle of the light period. as far as telling when there healthy - there will be little or no defect's...this will help spot defect's...
Plant Abuse Chart

Back
Top Bottom