My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

It would prolly be hard to find someone here with less experience growing weed than me . . . but it doesn't take long to recognize when your in the sweet spot early on.

Check out Bertha @Ramblinrose1965 . I think I'm going to need a bigger closet. šŸ˜‚
IMG_20240215_165905781_HDR.jpg

It would prolly be hard to find someone here with less experience growing weed than me . . . but it doesn't take long to recognize when your in the sweet spot early on.

Check out Bertha @Ramblinrose1965 . I think I'm going to need a bigger closet. šŸ˜‚
IMG_20240215_165905781_HDR.jpg
Shes looking good pal! I just harvested Lucy and Bertha on my end. They have been drying in the 4x2 tent for a week. Hopefully they are ready for the mason jars soon. I leave for the tropics a week from today.

How big is your closet? Looks like it's around 3 x 3? Maybe a little smaller than that.

How are those fans working out? They seem a bit small. I use Honeywell Turbo Force fans. Cheap, well built and will last forever.

If you're going to stay in your closet for now my suggestion would be for you to buy some panda film and line the inside of the closet so that any humidity or water spillage doesn't get sucked up into the drywall or wood floors. If you want to get fancy you could line the first 3' or 4' of wall height, the plant zone, with some reflective mylar on top of the panda film to increase the light reflectivity a little but it isn't a deal breaker by any means. The panda film alone will reflect enough light for it to be acceptable.

I get a 10% discount from an old supplier I use to buy gear from when I was doing buildouts so let me know if you want to take advantage of the discount when you buy some of your supplies like the panda film.

Does your closet have a door? I know your auto plant doesn't care if there are light leaks but if you ever try out photo period seeds you'll want the closet to be as dark as possible on lights out. Nothing brighter than the moon.

How big is your closet? Looks like it's around 3 x 3? Maybe a little smaller than that.

How are those fans working out? They seem a bit small. I use Honeywell Turbo Force fans. Cheap, well built and will last forever.

If you're going to stay in your closet for now my suggestion would be for you to buy some panda film and line the inside of the closet so that any humidity or water spillage doesn't get sucked up into the drywall or wood floors. If you want to get fancy you could line the first 3' or 4' of wall height, the plant zone, with some reflective mylar on top of the panda film to increase the light reflectivity a little but it isn't a deal breaker by any means. The panda film alone will reflect enough light for it to be acceptable.

I get a 10% discount from an old supplier I use to buy gear from when I was doing buildouts so let me know if you want to take advantage of the discount when you buy some of your supplies like the panda film.

Does your closet have a door? I know your auto plant doesn't care if there are light leaks but if you ever try out photo period seeds you'll want the closet to be as dark as possible on lights out. Nothing brighter than the moon.

It's a little smaller than 3' x 3'. I thought it was cool when I rushed to set it up, but it's just way too small to do what I want to do now.

I actually ordered the Honeywell Turbo fan first but even on its lowest setting it was like a hurricane in my little closet. šŸ˜‚

Actually right now I'm considering my options for setting up something bigger. I have a large closet that is unused that I can easily get excited about tricking out. I'm not sure why really but I think I'm avoiding getting a tent now. Maybe after I actually get some buds in a jar and see I can be successful at this I'll be more receptive to the idea of setting up a tent.

Actually, if it wasn't for the idea of humidity I'd be covering the closet in mylar right now. Even though I can cover walls floor and ceiling in grow closet #2 the idea of creating high humidity in a closet year round in my house bothers me.

Actually it's funny to me now because as I'm typing this I'm thinking you know this other closet might not be big enough really, and I do have a small bedroom I could convert into a grow room. Lol I'm out of control šŸ˜‚.

I read about exhausting air from my closet a couple months ago, I could easily exhaust air from a vent pipe that's already there . . . but I was not able to see exactly what the purpose of doing so would be?

And yes it does have a door. I can actually control temp and humidity well in it. It might be a good option for starting seeds/clones going forward.

No worries. If you have another space you feel is better suited then go for it. I was wondering if you had a way to exhaust air out of the closet and not have it come back and recirculate into your closet

It's a little smaller than 3' x 3'. I thought it was cool when I rushed to set it up, but it's just way too small to do what I want to do now.

I actually ordered the Honeywell Turbo fan first but even on its lowest setting it was like a hurricane in my little closet. šŸ˜‚

Actually right now I'm considering my options for setting up something bigger. I have a large closet that is unused that I can easily get excited about tricking out. I'm not sure why really but I think I'm avoiding getting a tent now. Maybe after I actually get some buds in a jar and see I can be successful at this I'll be more receptive to the idea of setting up a tent.

Actually, if it wasn't for the idea of humidity I'd be covering the closet in mylar right now. Even though I can cover walls floor and ceiling in grow closet #2 the idea of creating high humidity in a closet year round in my house bothers me.

Actually it's funny to me now because as I'm typing this I'm thinking you know this other closet might not be big enough really, and I do have a small bedroom I could convert into a grow room. Lol I'm out of control šŸ˜‚.
See I told Ya it is an addiction :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I hang for 7 to 10 days until dry to touch .. dark room fan indirectly to keep air moving.

When they feel dry to touch try to snap a branch not all Branch snaps clean as long as you could feel it break I take the branches off snip the buds off put them into a paper bag in the back of the closet for 1 to 2 weeks. I feel around and toss the nugs every couple days to make sure they're all drying consistently releasing any of that last built up moisture. When they feel slightly crunchy they will go into jars with a humidity meter. Bottom of closet 60Ā° f dark
I will check them every 2 or 3 days for a week just to make sure the humidity is consistent and not over 68% and then I will only check them once every two weeks.

What OGpapa said.....I use temp/ humidity sensors in my jars and burp as needed. I also use them for my cigar collection. They are relatively cheap on Amazon. I also cure for a month minimum the longer the better within reason. I have my Maui Waui jared up and Its been curing since August and its still at 63% hummidity with no bovida hummidity packs.

I hang for 7 to 10 days until dry to touch .. dark room fan indirectly to keep air moving.

When they feel dry to touch try to snap a branch not all Branch snaps clean as long as you could feel it break I take the branches off snip the buds off put them into a paper bag in the back of the closet for 1 to 2 weeks. I feel around and toss the nugs every couple days to make sure they're all drying consistently releasing any of that last built up moisture. When they feel slightly crunchy they will go into jars with a humidity meter. Bottom of closet 60Ā° f dark
I will check them every 2 or 3 days for a week just to make sure the humidity is consistent and not over 68% and then I will only check them once every two weeks.
I like to keep the temp around 65 degrees and the hummidity around 60% in the tent while drying the girls.

The next question is wet trim or dry trim. This go around I am trying the dry trim method. I wet trimmed my first 2 grows.

Iā€™m not a big fan of either way so I try to split the difference. I take fan leaves and larger stuff before chop. I hang the plants for a couple days then will start trimming as theyā€™re finishing drying. Once theyā€™re ready to jar I do the last little bit of shaping and trimming.

If the buds are bigger Iā€™ll leave bigger stuff on just so the outside doesnā€™t dry out too much while the inside is still damp

Itā€™s pretty much the same amount of work no matter what I do so instead of spending a whole day trimming I do a little each day. My neck and back get sore when I sit and trim for too long so this way works a bit better for me

I love the paper bag idea. Thanks!! šŸ‘šŸ‘

What OGpapa said.....I use temp/ humidity sensors in my jars and burp as needed. I also use them for my cigar collection. They are relatively cheap on Amazon. I also cure for a month minimum the longer the better within reason. I have my Maui Waui jared up and Its been curing since August and its still at 63% hummidity with no bovida hummidity packs.
Thank you!! šŸ™

Back
Top Bottom