My First Step By Step Grow

cozias - Things are looking good for the most part. Study and learn is your best method. We all have different needs and environments to work in. As we all have budgets that constrain us. Arm yourself with information and make choices that fit your needs and circumstances. Adjust accordingly because everyone's mileage will vary as they say.

First get a reflector on those lamps you are losing light that you are paying for. Secondly as long as you have a fan (adequate ventilation) you can get those lights pretty close with no worries. No fan, they will burn if to close. Distance will vary based on wattage when it comes to CFLs. Generaly in my experience, anything more than 4" for tubes and 6" for CFL in my opinion is too far. This is where the fan blowing across the canopy makes a big difference. There are exceptions like cloning you want distance for a more passive light in that stage. The CFLs run hotter than tubes. I use tubes in my veg area for square foot coverage and low heat, low cost use. Example for a 2'x4' area I have 8 48" tubes. I keep them within 2-4 inches of the tops. Tubes tend to run cool enough if the plant grows into the light it will not get fried. Not true for CFL. It is the touch of death as they burn hotter. Each has its pros and cons. The fan will also help strengthen the stems as well. I would also suggest you use less wattage at this stage of growth, that will allow you to get as close as possible to keep stretch to a minimum. I accomplish this by starting my seedling in small containers so I can group them closely under a single light in that type of condition. Increase the lighting as the plant grows. Once they get the first set of leaves they are ready to start using the light more efficiently. By tthe time you get the fourth set you should be rocking. Approx after 2 weeks if all is well, fire up all you lights and transplant into larger pot such as you currently have. What you have will work just my ideas of how to balance space vs light vs heat and what the plant actually needs. The weed will grow almost anywhere, it's a matter of what comes from it in the end.

420inOregon - I must say you have me concerned with flammable drapery in a grow area. Gives me the willies, just had to say. Paint or hang a non flammable solution. Secure so there is no way it could ever come in contact with the lighting. Need I mention the drapery could also harbor other issues and hide them as well. Anything from insects harboring behind them to mold growing on them. JMHO

SmokzAlot:peace: I understand your concerns I thought the same thing about the curtins. I'm only using CFL's in there No MH or HPS it would get way to hot. Yes I cleaned them also they don't look like it now but they where clean once.Anyways no worries SmokzAlot.

OK akman thank you for explaining what I meant about bringing the dirt all the way up.Thanks.
cozias I took pics of my box with the fans and lights plus a homemade inline fan made with computer fans. Also I took a pic of the plug I used for the Pc fans the volts need to be the same. All the fans are 12 volt and the plugs output is 12 volt. I don't know about the plugs in your country but just match the fans with the plugs output. I wired it all together,6 fans on 1 plug. The lights are all daisy chained together. Alot of people are going to have issues, Oh well I've been wiring stuff together like this for a long time.
Oh and you don't have to be all sufistacated about this stuff it's easy. everyone will say put your light this far away or you have to have mylar. All kinds of stupid shit. You don't have to unless you want. Example I used curtins for my little veg room and now people thinks I'm going to burn the house down. LMFAO. I can go on and on cozias but you just want to grow some meds DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY! You don't have to. As for distance on your lights. Put your hand over your plant if the light burns your hand it's to close.
I don't put my lights (cfl's) right on top of them. I keep them away a little. I don't have just 1 light in a fixture I got 3 to 4 lights and they are 1 and 200 watt CFL's. They work great.
Cozias just don't let people tell you to do it their way because it's the best. That's a bunch of crap. If you can grow tomatoes then you can grow Meds.

Here's some more ideas
Nice10.JPG

Inside9.JPG

Fans_Lights.JPG

Exhaust_Fan2.JPG
Light_Fixture2.JPG
2_Fans_are_inside.JPG
Homemade_Inline.JPG
Inline.JPG

Bent_over.JPG

The exhaust has 2 pc fans inside so it acts like a inline just need to make a filter for it then the whole box will be sweet.
The box has 5 light fixtures and 6 fans 2 of them ar in the exhaust plus it has a front door for easy in and out moving of clones.
Anyway cozias see if you can get some ideas and I will help if I can

Wow ! thanx for all the advices, photos and info's.

Let's start by updating the journal ...
The kids are potted since 17.01 - 14 cm (5.5') pots, so this is the 4th day. The light is 24/0.
6x20w - 6400 K ( I'll give them just 6400 k since in veg, no mix between 6400 and 2700 k ).
The bulbs are 5 cm ( 2') away from the top of the highest plant, I put my hand on the top of the plant, the light don't burn them. thanx for the tip :) .
#1 - 3.5 cm
#2 - 6.5 cm
#3 - 6 cm
#4 - 4 cm
#5 - 4.5 cm

@akaman, SmokzAlot - thanx :thumb: I have to get out and bring mylar or something to make a reflector. nice and easy :)
@ 420inOregon - nice setup. for the moment that's my only solution of a grow room, so I cannot make any kind of that box for veg stages, or stuff like this. only one room :( ... I have to see this days where to put the fans on the room.
coming with new updates !

akaman thats true I love the dollar store. We have a Bi-Mart store(Lil department store). They sell emergency blankets for $2.00 a piece.They are also called space blankets. They are about 6'x 5' I think, they are pretty big.The balloons are a good idea for when you are in a pinch or small area.
Cozias I was'nt meening to build a box like that.LOL I was just meening it' about the same size. For instence

1) You can find them kinda lite fixtures and mount them were
you need them.
2) I was showing you the fans and how I mounted them
with a 16 penny nail( the size of nail ).
3) The inside I used Satin White paint, bugs can get behind mylar
and mold can also grow behind mylar or what ever you put up or in
your grow area. Humidity is a bitch some times.
4) How to build a homemade inline fan for small spaces
5) Access panel so you dont have to open all the way up.
6) And last but not least this was all to give you some ideas
not exspecting you to build or buy or even consider any of my ideas.
I wish you all the luck and I hope your babies don't fall over:peace:
:roorrip:

LMFAO akaman I'm surprised you did'nt know about them.Cozias showed one in his pics still folded up. I could'nt beleive it when he asked about reflective material or getting mylar, for his size of closet, space blankets would work cheap but I would paint it inside all white. Thats my opinion
Akaman use satin white paint, first use KILLZ mold killer paint.
anything you put in you room or on the walls will hide bugs and mold. Paint, and yes I know you will lose some lumes but not much.
The lights are CFL's Daylight 100 and 200 watt bulbs on 24/0. They are cheap and easy on the power bill. Not like my 1000 watter.
I really like the Cfl's for veggin, as soon as I put them in the room to flower they explode.
I have a home recycling store close by. Thats where I get most of my lamps and other elictrical stuff, It's a cool store.

sorry for no new updates, but I have some personal problems. I don't have new photos yet, maybe tomorrow.
some short question to have some good news in the morning tomorrow.
I have 20 W cfl, 6400 K. how much light need 1 plant ? of this kind of cfl's I have, how many should I put for 1 plant? all my kids are potted 17.01. so they are like 10 day old. the light is still 24/0 . how much time should I keep them 24/0 ?
I ask all this, cuz I moved the kids ... and I have to build a new setup, and now they are under a temporary setup.

all answers and more sugestions are welcome ! thanx to all !

sorry for no new updates, but I have some personal problems. I don't have new photos yet, maybe tomorrow.
some short question to have some good news in the morning tomorrow.
I have 20 W cfl, 6400 K. how much light need 1 plant ? of this kind of cfl's I have, how many should I put for 1 plant? all my kids are potted 17.01. so they are like 10 day old. the light is still 24/0 . how much time should I keep them 24/0 ?
I ask all this, cuz I moved the kids ... and I have to build a new setup, and now they are under a temporary setup.

all answers and more sugestions are welcome ! thanx to all !

My autoflower girls, 4 plants (3 now) have about 600 cfl watts on them.
I wish I could use more lights but heat/power keep me from it.
After the plants grow some.... More light is always better!
I would change the lights to 18/6, but thats me.

My autoflower girls, 4 plants (3 now) have about 600 cfl watts on them.
I wish I could use more lights but heat/power keep me from it.
After the plants grow some.... More light is always better!
I would change the lights to 18/6, but thats me.

600 W cfl? well that's means like 30 bulbs of 20w ( cuz that's what I have :53 ).

right now i'm going to continue the new setup,keep in touch. some photos with the kids later :)

600 W cfl? well that's means like 30 bulbs of 20w ( cuz that's what I have :53 ).

right now i'm going to continue the new setup,keep in touch. some photos with the kids later :)

In our autoflower closet we have this: (+/- a bulb or 2 now and then)
1 200w 2700k
1 65w 2700k
shitload of 40w 2700k
and some 27w & 30w 5000k to 6500k
About 1/3 of them are side lights.

Oh, and not to forget ... second setup from my girlfriend's closet :53

about one hour ago I finish this setup so ...
DSC_00975.JPG

DSC_00984.JPG

DSC_01069.JPG

DSC_01075.JPG

DSC_01143.JPG

DSC_01154.JPG

DSC_01164.JPG

DSC_01175.JPG

DSC_01187.JPG

DSC_01196.JPG

This are my 2 favorite kids and we wanted to keep em, but because in my house come a lot of people, I cannot keep them by me.

They are too with 18/6 light, day 3.

So what you all think about them ? :) waiting for sugestion, opinion, advices, anything!

Back
Top Bottom