Resinator's first step grow

:thanks: SettingSun and tnx for lookin in again :passitleft:
i have 14 plants in total 3 big bang 4 lemon skunk and 7 pakistan valley clones, its been alot of work for my first go at it but no regrets, i think BB will be first out by the looks of them so far if on target i should be smoking my very own meds in 5/6 weeks for the testing at least:yummy:

:thanks: SouthernWeed and for lookin in again bro
after this grow i do indeed have even another direction to go now, with yourself and pan going for 1/41lb ers and 1lb ers there are some exciting times ahead, and anyone who doesn't tag along with them will be loosing out in a great deal of knowledge and then i think i may be ready to go to the next level where i will try to emulate some aspects of both your grows,i have grown in confidence in the past few months and now i'm thinking about GRAFTING to see if i can play around a bit as i have not heard anything much about this method with M.J i think its worth a bash.
i'm going to look for a strong sativa mam for a root stock and try to graft an indica scion wood for an experiment, if i get any success the result would be drought a tollerant plant with alot of the indica traits,just think how much a sativa could pump into indica branches producing massive buds i assume, i know it seems to be a little far fetched but i have a little experience in grafting fruit trees so i'm sure the principals are the same for mary j. i will be sure to get a new journal on the go for that first things first to finnish off here and that has only a few weeks so i have to be clued in on this as priority. but that is how my plans are forming tnx again bro:passitleft:

i got bad news as i was doing my daily checks i noticed that 3 of my pakistan valley have hermied, say if i was to plant them outdoors would it be worth it and would the smoke be any good it would be a shame to destroy them and maybe some good will come out of it???????????

Grafting sounds fascinating res.

I have some grow experiments floating around in my head that I want to try in the future also.

After taking my plants out of my tent yesterday to take pics, I found out I can put nine 3 gallon pots in there!

So many grows, so little time.

regards bro,

SS

Grafting sounds fascinating res.

I have some grow experiments floating around in my head that I want to try in the future also.

After taking my plants out of my tent yesterday to take pics, I found out I can put nine 3 gallon pots in there!

So many grows, so little time.

regards bro,

SS
:thanks:SettingSun i was thinking that maybe 1 of my lemon skunk could be re-vegged with a high nitro and iron formula after harvest just to test on that first and see if i even get any results, if i can get a good connection with both cambium it should work but HOW well is the question the whole concept intriques me anyway to say the least, where you could possibly get yeilds close to outdoor grows with the correct combination of plants just like hybridizing in a way :peace::ganjamon:

update out of 7 P.V clones 6 hermied on me only 1/2 flowers on them so i picked them off and have 2 of them in a closet the nicest 1's and the other 4 are out in mother nature in the ground. so thats almost half my grow :thedoubletake: but at least i got them on time and out of the flower room from spoiling all the girls. i wonder is it too late to isolate a branch or even the remaining P.V to pollinate for possibly feminized seeds? or maybe the P.V wouldn't be the best for it, as it is a clone like the other 6 and may have hermie characteristics also, so i'm not sure what to do yet.
so i have been double dosing on the feed and adding molasses this passed few days. only adding 5ml of molasses per 2ltrs of water not sure if i'm giving enough but dont want to give too much either, does anyone know what amount would be normally be used???

so here are a few pics of the girls,..... lemon skunk first.....
DSCF0906.jpeg
DSCF0907.jpeg

DSCF0908.jpeg
DSCF0909.jpeg

the LS are really tric ladden i just cant get a clear or close pic the best looking LS seems to be the 1 that is still in the 2gal pot "funny"
so here are some pics of big bang, buds are getting harder and fatter by the day
DSCF0910.jpeg
DSCF0911.jpeg

DSCF0912.jpeg
and here are the 2 PV that are in the closet
DSCF0905.jpeg

this is the last PV crusader i'm gonna call her HOPE lol thats all for now
DSCF0914.jpeg

:thanks:SettingSun i was thinking that maybe 1 of my lemon skunk could be re-vegged with a high nitro and iron formula after harvest just to test on that first and see if i even get any results, if i can get a good connection with both cambium it should work but HOW well is the question the whole concept intriques me anyway to say the least, where you could possibly get yeilds close to outdoor grows with the correct combination of plants just like hybridizing in a way :peace::ganjamon:

I will be way tuned in for that!

That kind of creative experimentation is quite a bit of the fun for me when it comes to the hobby aspect of our growing.

One issue with me is that I get strain tolerance pretty quickly, even with really dank bud. One of my goals is to work towards finding a method and a strain that balances yield and quality, but I'm going to have to grow a lot of different strains in order to minimize the tolerance thing.

Not that I'm complainin':).

regards,

SS

sorry to hear about the hermies. Looks like you still have some good healthy plants to deal with. Looking great. Why not try to cross some of the hermie pollen. Whats it going to hurt. Just think you may get a few fem seeds to play around with. Thats half the fun...

I will be way tuned in for that!

That kind of creative experimentation is quite a bit of the fun for me when it comes to the hobby aspect of our growing.

One issue with me is that I get strain tolerance pretty quickly, even with really dank bud. One of my goals is to work towards finding a method and a strain that balances yield and quality, but I'm going to have to grow a lot of different strains in order to minimize the tolerance thing.

Not that I'm complainin':).

regards,

SS

same as that, i KNOW that its posssible to graft a dozen differant apple/pear types on 1 tree so if i can succeed with grafting MJ i think that would change tollerance levels with god knows how many strains could be grafted together. if you think of it like this you could have literally all your fav's on 5 plants.
my thought is that it would have to be a fairly strong bodied sativa maybe 1 of the strongest known for the root stock 1 that is naturally a big bud producer to cater for the needs of all that is grafted to the sativa, i think that is the key to success "the first step to it anyway" :thanks:for looking in again SettingSun and your thoughts appreciated

res

sorry to hear about the hermies. Looks like you still have some good healthy plants to deal with. Looking great. Why not try to cross some of the hermie pollen. Whats it going to hurt. Just think you may get a few fem seeds to play around with. Thats half the fun...

its not all that bad i am intending of using the hermie pollen but in isolation i want my other grow to be fully sinsemilla for quality. the other hermies are outside to see if they do anymore filling out and the 2 in the closet for possible pollen.
:thanks: Sonzor for stoppin by again appreciate it bro:smokin:

same as that, i KNOW that its posssible to graft a dozen differant apple/pear types on 1 tree so if i can succeed with grafting MJ i think that would change tollerance levels with god knows how many strains could be grafted together. if you think of it like this you could have literally all your fav's on 5 plants.
my thought is that it would have to be a fairly strong bodied sativa maybe 1 of the strongest known for the root stock 1 that is naturally a big bud producer to cater for the needs of all that is grafted to the sativa, i think that is the key to success "the first step to it anyway" :thanks:for looking in again SettingSun and your thoughts appreciated

res

Maybe Pure Power Plant might be a good candidate for a root stock plant?

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom