My First Step By Step Grow

They all look good and healthy, I would still suggest reflectors above the lights to get the most lumens on your plants. Dryer vents or even aluminum cans work, whatever is available is better than nothing.
I'll do this days some reflectors for the babyes. I saw a nice DIY reflector made from mylar by SmokzAlot and looks like this K.I.S.S. my CFL reflector

They look good.

thank you :thumb:

so with this day the first week of veg is over, the kids are looking very good and healty. I'll post some photos soon. Keep in touch guys :)

I just had a brain storm, I am going to build me a hood for my cfl's. I am going to make a umbrella style hood cant spell the proper word, but yes took measurements of my hood in my room and subtracted the mesurements in half and I am going to make it out of cardboard. Don't have to worry about heat and I made exstentions for my other one. Worked great.Give me a couple of days and I will show you pics of the final product.
I'm a total jerry rigger was millwright for a few yrs fabrication.So if I can imagine it I can builod it.
Please if I could talk you out of using mylar. there is alot of cons not much pros. I will talk to you about them later I got to go to the grocrey store.:peace:

I just had a brain storm, I am going to build me a hood for my cfl's. I am going to make a umbrella style hood cant spell the proper word, but yes took measurements of my hood in my room and subtracted the mesurements in half and I am going to make it out of cardboard. Don't have to worry about heat and I made exstentions for my other one. Worked great.Give me a couple of days and I will show you pics of the final product.
I'm a total jerry rigger was millwright for a few yrs fabrication.So if I can imagine it I can builod it.
Please if I could talk you out of using mylar. there is alot of cons not much pros. I will talk to you about them later I got to go to the grocrey store.:peace:

for the moment I can't do nothing. I have some big problems, I don't have time to make reflectors .. so I have time let's say to see your brain storm :)

ok I just got done making it here you go
blueprints.JPG

blueprints dont know if you can see it
hanging5.JPG
inside10.JPG
prototype_hood.JPG

It turned out to be pretty good as long as you use it only for CFL's.Its made out of
construction paper. So this is just a prototype. It took me about 2 hrs total to make.
So what do you think for slap together and maybe $2.00 to make.

as long as you have them on 18/6 or staight 24. Cause the will start to bud also.Cause your going to turn your lights down to 12/12 to flower and you dont want to send your new kids into flower do you.
Why I would like you to stay away from mylar is it hides mold bugs and if you foliar feed the over spray sticks to it . you will whined up taking it off. Use Satin White Paint,But use a can of KILLZ mold killer paint and then the Satin White. It will save you problems in the long run. Its totally up to you.Your grow I have my own Im just helping and giving advice.
I like my new hood, Im making another one:peace:

I would like to suggest you put some vent holes in the top. As many as it can tolerate and still be structurally sound. Being it is paper as well I would suggest you form a simple wire to incorporate into edge. A hoop if you will, like in a lamp shade. It will add a lot of strength and little weight.

Just an idea to add some durability to your wonderful creation.

added note: The low centered weight will also make it hang much nicer and more stable.

Luv DIY :circle-of-love:

Way ahead of you SmokzAlot. I was just excited, I was in a hurry to show cozias. Thats why it still has a string and the hole not cut for the cord or the vent holes.
I painted the inside which stiffened it up real good.
My brother suggested papermajay, It hardens up real good.
I dont know I have mass ideas bouncing around up there. Its hard to slow it down.Some work, some dont. Thats par for course.
Cozias lets see the kids. I would like to see pics of the whole set up please. The kids should be looking sweet. I cant remember have you sex them yet.
If you dont mind me asking is what part of the world do you live in. Not your 10-20 (location) General location Just interested, Me Oregon it rains alot and everything is green. Lots of mountains, rivers, and I hunt and fish alot before my disability. I will try to fish in another year or so.I have holes on both sides of my ankels. Sorry cant spell that good or punctuations, I try.

new updates, #10 veg - 18/6 only 2 of them

this is # 1 - look how nice she grow ( hope to be a she :) )

08022012794.jpg

make transplant ...
08022012795.jpg

...to a big pot (lets say )
08022012796.jpg

and she get big after night and one leaf get burned a little, sorry for her
08022012797.jpg

and a little experiment, why not ?
08022012798.jpg

08022012799.jpg

ok, and # 2 ( hope she too :) )
08022012809.jpg

08022012810.jpg

08022012811.jpg

08022012812.jpg

# 2 looks different from the rest. the leafs, the way she grow. why? what are the two species in the pictures above?

@ 420inOregon I show my friend the reflector you made and we agree to try make something like that too :) .

@ SmokzAlot I have 4 pc fans, but I didint buy yet the 12V adaptor :rollingeyes:

@ akaman Thanx, I followed your advice since the first time :laugh: and I notice that they don't stretch.

:thanks: all for sub in my thread and helping me with this grow.

Regards!

While finishing my splif, let me report :

after recalculating the days, we are in week 2, day 13 veg stage.
lights are 18/6
using 6x20w cfl's - 6400 k and 1 x 22 w cfl - 2700 k to setup on the pictures above.
soil ph 6.3
water ph 6.8 ( I buy wather with this ph from the store cuz i don't have ph corector )
#1 on her first days
DSC_00437.JPG
#1 day 12 veg
08022012794.jpg

#2 on her first days
DSC_00446.JPG

#2 is now known as "Christmas in Afganistan" (everyone has to smile at least for Christmas ) :laugh: - day 12 veg
08022012809.jpg

Keep in touch !

Real nice cozias! Ok here's what to do to find out if they are male are female. Turn your lights to 12/12 for a couple of days. You will either get hairs or nuts. Then turn lights back to 18/6 for the rest of veg. The kids look nice. As for the plants you asked about diferent leafs ect... Well I got a clone that dosnt even look like a pot plant go figure.

we are starting #16 veg.
all kids are under LST, I'm wondering can I have it for at least 1 m tall with LST ? cuz right now they are really small, by my side, or they will start to get tall later? just asking to know how to make the setup for floweing period. I found some bigger cfl's for like 42 w - 2700 k and want to have ideea about how big they will be :) so that I redesign the 2 small setup.
Cheers !

Well from my understanding they double in size. So what I meen is 1ft in veg meens 2ft at harvest. I personally top my girls I dont want them so tall and unmanageable. Topping or FIMing I do both I also tie a few down. The bigger bulbs are sweet. I need to show you some new pics as soon as I take some.
OH and only keep them 12/12 for a few days until you see pistols or balls 2=3 days max then back to 18/6 later

Back
Top Bottom