My First Step By Step Grow

cozias

First of all hi to all, this is my first post and my first growth. Sorry for my bad english from the begining.
So with this thread open I want to start my growth jurnal. I will update day by day the progress.
For the begining I have some seeds from a friend I really don't know what type they are . I want to germinate this seeds. Wich method is the best ? to put them in the water, to put them in the paper and flush with wather or to put them in cotton and flush with wather?
After that, for let's say 2-3 plants, what space it's necessary? cuz my growth room will be my closet wich is 60 x 100 x 160 cm.
For this space and for 2-3 plants, what light should be used? how much W ?
After the seeds will germinate and they will be in the soil, how much light I give? what's the procedure with the seeds? and all the steps ?
When and how I know wich one is male and wich is female?
What kind of soil should I use?
What nutritient do you recomend ? I have only a few possibilities of nutritients (limited country ).
What to put on the room walls to reflect the light? what else is needed in the growth room ?

All the answers, links, photos are wellcome !

Sorry if I didint post this thread at te right section, an administrator please move it to the right one .

Re: Need help! my first step by step grow.

Thank you administrator for moving the post.

so since I see no one answer none of my question. I'll start anyway and hope I'll get the help I'm looking for.

To be more clearly I will atach some photos with my closet for the begin ..

20120108180204.jpg

20120108180222.jpg

20120108180247.jpg

20120108180306.jpg

this I found on the first aid kit. it's good for the room walls?

20120108180519.jpg

20120108180625.jpg

First of all hi to all, this is my first post and my first growth. Sorry for my bad english from the begining.
So with this thread open I want to start my growth jurnal. I will update day by day the progress.
For the begining I have some seeds from a friend I really don't know what type they are . I want to germinate this seeds. Wich method is the best ? to put them in the water, to put them in the paper and flush with wather or to put them in cotton and flush with wather?
After that, for let's say 2-3 plants, what space it's necessary? cuz my growth room will be my closet wich is 60 x 100 x 160 cm.
For this space and for 2-3 plants, what light should be used? how much W ?
After the seeds will germinate and they will be in the soil, how much light I give? what's the procedure with the seeds? and all the steps ?
When and how I know wich one is male and wich is female?
What kind of soil should I use?
What nutritient do you recomend ? I have only a few possibilities of nutritients (limited country ).
What to put on the room walls to reflect the light? what else is needed in the growth room ?

All the answers, links, photos are wellcome !

Sorry if I didint post this thread at te right section, an administrator please move it to the right one .

Hello, this link has all the info to get you started. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
:welcome:

Cozias, welcome to :420:.....The link that The General provided will answer the questions you have asked. As far as what nutrients to use, well there is plenty out there so that would be up to you. I would suggest our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients, a lot of the growers here on the site uses his nutrients. Just check out people's signature lines or some of the other journals here. He is also a member of the forums. Depending where you are, he might be able to ship to you.

As for reflection, well if your walls are painted with flat white paint, I think it is. That should work great. Some people also use mylar. I am sure someone will chime in on this just got to give them time to see it.

But I suggest you start with that link provided and do a lot of reading....I am only on my second grow but I also used that link to get me started. It's full of information to get you on your way.

Thanks for all the answers and the good welcome :D
I'll start from this night to read from the link. thank you again ...

Welcome cozias, first read the link that the General gave you, then check out my signature to see what cfl's can do. My link will give you some ideas on one type of light you can use, also some of the nutrients that are out there. Good luck on your grow:welcome:

just yesterday night I was reading your jurnal, nice grow :thumb: and I notice you use cfl.
what was the scheme by the cfl's ? when I change the light (K ) ?

Since the seeds are not done yet and still waiting, I have enough time to read and to decide. By the begin when I was with the ideea, I was thinking at HPS, after that start to read the forum and to read about cfl's so right now i'm confused, but still have time ...

Hps are excellant if you can keep the grow space cool and afford the electricity bill. Cfl's give off heat also but not as great as a Hps lite does and the cost is minimal. As far as (k) kelvins are concerned you would use between 5000k-6500k (cool or daylight) for vegetative growth and 2700k (warm light) for flowering. The newest light on the market is the LED light which gives off no heat and is cheaper to run electrically but they are still kind of new and can be expensive to buy. I used the 5000k for 4 wks then switched to 2700k for 5 wks but the time it takes vegging and flowering differ when it comes to different seed strains so you'll need to read up on that also. You can grow with just Hps but it would be a much more successful grow if you used mh(metal halide) for vegging and the Hps for flowering. They make lights that all you need to do is switch bulbs, they are called conversion lights meaning you don't need to have two different light systems just one. This site has all the information that you will need to grow successfully, from info on lights, seeds, soil, building your grow cabinet, nutrients to info on any problems that might arise and the community is very knowledgable and helpful. If you don't know something and need answers just ask and you will be pointed in the right direction. Hope this helps.:smokin:

Visit today the store and searching for cfl's, I found only 2700 k day light and same 2700 k soft white. and I was at 2 diferent stores and both have same things 2700 k. I didint found nothing like 5000 k or 6500 k ...

where else should I go and search for lights ? which kind of stores sell usualy HID light ? only one I found it's online ...

Visit today the store and searching for cfl's, I found only 2700 k day light and same 2700 k soft white. and I was at 2 diferent stores and both have same things 2700 k. I didint found nothing like 5000 k or 6500 k ...

where else should I go and search for lights ? which kind of stores sell usualy HID light ? only one I found it's online ...

Try looking at some of the sponsers, located at the top of this page on the right to see if you see something you like. I had a hard time finding the 5000k bulbs too and I ended up buying online. :Namaste:

Cozias if your gonna use that little closet. I would definitly use CFL"s 200watt day light. They only use 42watts of power. I use 5 200watt and 8 100watt and they work great. Less on your power bill.If you have time or not make time and read. Do all the research you can.Knowledge is power. Here is a pic of my little veg room. It works and it's cheap. I used curtins for my walls. They were already up there so I used them
200_Watts_CFL_s.JPG
Next_Grow.JPG
The cfl's work great .I will take a pick of my starter box and let you see.Oh yeah don't forget fans. Little 4 inch computer fans work great. I can tell you how to wire them in. I also used 2 fans as my exhaust. It's a really nice box.

@ akaman, the only problem by me is the delevery ... not all the sites have shipping to my country :) so that's why it's hard to find all I need, actually this is my second intention of grow, i'll atach some photos of "my first grow" I actually don't call it grow ...
First time it was hard even to find alternative, last year... this year I have some progress by finding light ( just online hps and mh ) and cfl's on store, but only the 2700 k ...

Here is a pic of my little veg room. It works and it's cheap. I used curtins for my walls. They were already up there so I used them
200_Watts_CFL_s.JPG
Next_Grow.JPG
The cfl's work great .I will take a pick of my starter box and let you see.Oh yeah don't forget fans. Little 4 inch computer fans work great. I can tell you how to wire them in. I also used 2 fans as my exhaust. It's a really nice box.

nice veg room you have ! :bravo:

@ 420inOregon, it's not a problem the electrical bill, it's hard to find HID light, balast, nuts, etc.. any I was thinking too that HPS light will produce too much heat for that little closet, for the moment this is the best place in the house where I can put my own green corner :grinjoint:
I am on the research period, and study time, all my eyes was on this forum this last week.... and not only :laugh:
Please if you explain me how to wire the fans, I'll really apreciate it, cuz computer fans wanted to use from the begin, but no study yet how to switch

P.s. please don't think that I am lazy, I just ask so that everything will be ok, and I understan everything :)

Thank you for all the answers, support, and help !

this happens last year, like I sayd let's name it "my first grow" :laugh:

Picture_003110.jpg

Picture_004108.jpg

Picture_00597.jpg

Picture_00685.jpg

you can see that leaves from the bottom they were burned ... I didint have pH indicator, no nuts. just light and temperature I have it under control :laugh:

Picture_00867.jpg

Picture_00966.jpg

Picture_01061.jpg

Picture_01155.jpg

Picture_01257.jpg

don't remember the age in this photos, anyway there are all in the same time made ... for over 1 and 1/2 month i was away from the country and let them in care of a friend, who saws the yellow leafs, cut them and smoke em :laugh: so when I was home I found only the top of the plant ... :(

so epic fail . learned from mistakes, and preparing for a good and healthy grow ( or at least that's what I hope ).

Keep in touch !

Besides your friend picking off leaves, just wondering how close were your lights? The plants look like they were really stretching. Were you using nutes back then? Thats what growing is all about, learning from your mistakes and making the next grow better.

Besides your friend picking off leaves, just wondering how close were your lights? The plants look like they were really stretching. Were you using nutes back then? Thats what growing is all about, learning from your mistakes and making the next grow better.

Light was 50-60 cm from the top and I didint use nuts at all ... just pure wather and light.
No ph control, no soil ph, no soil temperature, no nothing.

I put them in universal pot soil + sand since october till end of january. all this time, I give them wather, light, 24/0 afther that 18/6 and 12/12 :) and that's all with my first grow :laugh:
Oh and change the soil once cuz it made white warms :laugh: . Why? Still don't know, any ideea? Maybe from the pot soil?

Ok cozias I don't know what country you live in but I do beleave E-Bay ships world wide. You can find anything you like.
OK hers how you wire the computer fans.
1) they are 24volts
2) find a 24volt plug, it will read output 24v That is what you want
you can find them on hair driers cordless phones
3) strip the ends of the wireson the plug and fan.
very simple. use any kind of tape you have
4) Tape the ends together wire the plug to the fan and tape the bare wire so
they are covered.

If I could find my camera I would take a pic of my box with the fans and
ligh fixtures.
The fans you can find them at a computer recycle store if you have something like that
or take old PC's apart and take the fans out need about 6
you can wire them all to the one plug
Just give me a little bit of time to locate my camera Day or two my son got ahold of it can be any were.
And no I don't think your lazy.
Oh another thing if you don't have ant nutes like Fox Farms Trio. Urinate in a bottle fill it up with water.Insta nutes Only when your in a pinch. A lot of people will disagree but look it up for yourself. It's true.
Talk to you in a day or so.

This is a list with what nuts I found :
APTUS, Advanced Nutrients, Atami, B.A.C., Bio Nova, BioBizz, Canna, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Grotek, Growth Technology, House & Garden, Hy-Pro, No Mercy Supply, Plagron, HESI

So .. an advice in advance about the nutrient ? ( p.s. from brand like hesi ... it's only supervit nut).
I was looking at Advanced Nutrients... but till nuts time, I still have a lot of work.
Keep in touch !

The more I look at your pics I'm gonna give you a little advice.
Top your plants.

Thank you for the fans tip :) and I apreciate your support. Regards !

Hi everyone. New updates :
2700 K - 22 w and 6500 k - 20 w
13012012767.jpg

13012012768.jpg

13012012769.jpg

13012012770.jpg

Tomorrow the kids are waiting for the soil. Hope to find something good for them :laugh:
Till next week-end hope I'll have all done :). Keep in touch !

Any suggestions, proposals, opinions, question are welcome. Regards !

Back
Top Bottom