Sweet Afghani Delicious S1

looking good mate.. I can't tell which is outta focus and which has the smudge. Maybe I should ease up on the smudge and get focused:rofl::rofl:

happy saturday morning 420 mag,

time for an update,

watered the girls again this morning, I held back on daily watering and will let them fill these pots out more before then.

they seem to be handling the lst well with lost of branching going on, I trimmed away some of the lower leaves to let more light and aair get to the new branches. only one seems to be lagging behind a bit, hopefully it will catch up soon.

SAD_16.jpg
SAD_18.jpg
SAD_19.jpg
SAD_20.jpg
SAd_17.jpg

steady as she goes. taking my time here and looking to maximize the use of my space.

cheers for stopping by :tokin:

There's some happy girls right there.. Going along smoothly for sure, wicked partimus..

There's some happy girls right there.. Going along smoothly for sure, wicked partimus..

Cheers mate :)

It's fun watching them grow and react to the the LST. I am still trying to get my head around the training and pruning side of things but from what I can picture in my mind lol I think I am building a far better structure then my first run.

good times really, now the weather outside just needs to warm up and it will all sweet all round haha.

Morning 420 Mag folks,

feeding time update, I am up to full strength lucas formula for coco

1.6 ml/L gh micro
2.4 ml/L gh bloom
0.2 g/L epsom salts
EC 1.4 in rainwater that starts at ec 0

continuing the lst, after work today I will start training some of the side branches out, lightly defoliating as we go exposing the new growth.

SAD_21.jpg

have a good one all and cheers for stopping by :tokin:

Here is the info: Philips 14598-6 - 400 Watt - ED28.

It runs on HPS ballast, it's a direct replacement to go "daylight" over yellow. I run 1050 watt bare bulb Eye SHPS. I'm getting another dial a watt ballast and plan to run 2 x 400 CMH next run(4x4 tent). I'm using the wing reflector as well. I'm taking a 3 month break from growing due to summer heat.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420
Little update. Those 400 watt lights are not very safe, CMH needs very low frequency, HPS ballast (E-ballasts) ~>300 KHZ. Far to hide. I'm getting a 315 watt HOR on core and coil ballast but need SUSD transformer cuz 250/315 are 220V. Only.

Cheers

Little update. Those 400 watt lights are not very safe, CMH needs very low frequency, HPS ballast (E-ballasts) ~>300 KHZ. Far to hide. I'm getting a 315 watt HOR on core and coil ballast but need SUSD transformer cuz 250/315 are 220V. Only.

Cheers

Thanks for the update millert,

I know nothing about electrical stuff so probably a good thing that I forked out a bit extra and got the cmh ballast/adapter plug/globe combo.
:tokin:

Yep. I'm not sold on vertical bulb on a reflector. No first pass light. I'm still looking.

Cheers

2 updates in one day phew lol

I have been busy this evening after work spending some time in the tent with the girls. I can see roots poking out the bottom of all but the smallest one, the one on the front right.

here is the results of this evenings lst and prunning

Front left, this girl just does not want to be tamed lol, she has pulled a wire peg up out the ground already, she gets the 2ml steel wire now she does lol
SAD_22_front_left.jpg

front right, the smallest of the four, this girl got all twisted around when I bent here over lol ( this all sounds so wrong lol) and some of her branches got a bit stunted. I have pruned away some of the worst twisted ones and opened her up a bit.
SAD_23_front_right.jpg

Rear left, this plant is branching like crazy and the one that I am most happy with the structure so far.
SAD_24_rear_left.jpg

rear right, this girl is another happy camper, powering along nicely and branching out.
SAD_25_rear_right.jpg

looking forward to seeing how they recover tomorrow morning, cheers :tokin:

Saturday update,

feeding full strength lucas every second day with a good runoff at ph 5.8

pots are filling with roots nicely.

group photo
SAD_26.jpg

front left
SAD_27_front_left.jpg

front right
SAD_29_front_right.jpg

rear left
SAD_rear_left.jpg

rear right
SAD_28_rear_right.jpg

Cheers all, have a great weekend :tokin:

Great job, looks quite healthy in there.

Cheers

Good Morning everyone,

I have been super busy working this week and have had no time for updates and only enough energy to read a few subbed threads and push the like button a few times. I work as a conservation worker and its tree planting season so its all systems go, today there is a storm moving through here so I am home today and had the time for a few pictures.

first here is a photo from a week or so ago of one of my work sites. I planted all the plants on the left hand side and look after the area.

work.jpg

I am lucky to work in many places that have views like this one

on to the plants.

I have been feeding every second day at full strength lucas for coco. EC 1.4 PH 5.6-5.8 (one time I put a few to many drops in)
I flushed through 8Litres of plan ph'd water on Tuesday, as one plant is showing a slight yellowing and resumed feeding normally today.

group shot
SAD_30.jpg

front left
SAD_31_front_left.jpg

front right
SAD_32_front_left.jpg

rear right, this one has thrown out a half yellow leaf i tried to take a closer up pic of the yellowing
SAD_33_rear_right.jpg
SAD_34_rear_right_yellow_leaf.jpg

rear left
SAD_35_Rear_left.jpg

not 100% sure where to go from here re feeding schedule, I have read a lot about daily and multiple times a day feeding in coco once the pot is filled with roots but not sure about it. last grow I fed daily andd nearly burnt them and had to back it right off for a while. One thing I was tossing about in my head was to keep feeding every second day and do a plain ph'd water feed in between. What do you guys think?

Cheers :tokin:

PS.
last grow I totally overgrew my space hence why this time I have been training them over, how much bigger should I let them get before commencing flowering? I was thinking another week or so and let them get out over the edge of the pots?

It's totally up to you mate..some like to feed everyday, some dry out, whatever fits in with your timetable..only thing is probably 4-5days maximum dry... Plants are looking wicked Partimus.. Been hard at it.. I wished victorias skyline looked like that.. Thanks man, appreciate the work photo update & plants...

Thats awesome partimus, i was in a job doing the exact type of work only inland and for a few months i loved it and has given me some direction as to what type of work i want to end up in, would be awese doing it your area though, i might have to post some pics where i was working at some stage haha nothing better out in the wild taking care of the land, hardly feels like work sometimes haha
Plants are looking great to brother :thumb:
More inspiration for me to get out of the standard pots i always use one day :)

Back
Top Bottom