Ajagunle's NFT White Widow Auto X Sweet Afghani Delicious Under CFL - Closet Grow

Harvest completed, manicuring is almost complete. I have graded into 3 categories

Top Bud

Main_Bud1.jpg

Burnt Bud
These are all tops that couldn’t handle the heat, there is some flowering tops but very skinny and burnt sugar leaves.

Burnt_Bud.jpg

Air Bud, Buds from below the screen on the left, real popcorn on the right.

Air_bud.jpg

All trim frozen for the inevitable gap in supply!! No smoke report yet, none smoked, probably another 24hrs

:hookah:

Ooh! Oooooh!! :cheer:

I love the way you've graded them AJ. Looks like you've got a good harvest of different grades to use for different purposes as well, are you going to be making yourself some butter for yummy edibles?

How do you dry and cure?

Grading them is for consumption priority. I shall smoke the burnt stuff, then low down bud and finally the Primo. I shall also save a small jar of Primo for the ‘Library’.

I harvest and then put on wire racks on a tray and put in the dark grow room with the fan and cf on for 72hrs, then manicure and if the twigs splinter I put in 2lb Kilner Jars, never used for pickling, and turn every day for 2 wks, unless I think it may get too dry when I stop.. I check it carefully for mould for a month or two and then it’s all gone!

I do keep a little 1/4lb kilner jar of every grow in the Library, sampling for the 12 days of Christmas and Reunion weekends.

Grading them is for consumption priority. I shall smoke the burnt stuff, then low down bud and finally the Primo. I shall also save a small jar of Primo for the ‘Library’.

I harvest and then put on wire racks on a tray and put in the dark grow room with the fan and cf on for 72hrs, then manicure and if the twigs splinter I put in 2lb Kilner Jars, never used for pickling, and turn every day for 2 wks, unless I think it may get too dry when I stop.. I check it carefully for mould for a month or two and then it’s all gone!

I do keep a little 1/4lb kilner jar of every grow in the Library, sampling for the 12 days of Christmas and Reunion weekends.

Great explanation AJ. I just absolutely love the idea of your little "library". I've got this wonderful image in my head of a dusty old place, all higgeldy piggeldy but snug, safe, quiet and cosy.

I am so tempted to see if I can do this as well, I have very poor willpower though so if I am jonesing and there's nothing in the cupboards I would be slightly concerned about the library stock :)

Hopefully I will be able to get my growing on a good enough schedule so I can join you in this. Brilliant.

very cool main! joo got some good smoke gear:thumb: im a light smoker i dont usually run out, but i did this time! gave away to much,, i got my 420 mag nug jar so i decided thats my emergency stash ,i dont like it being empty so thats the reasoning, congrats a a successful harv! :goodjob:

Thank you for popping in BID, I haven't run out since I began this obsessive hobby, severe rationing at times, with everyone’s help I have managed to increase quality or quantity with each harvest so far, a few guerilla grown autos the last 2 summers certainly helps.

Thanks BID :thumb:

Great explanation AJ. I just absolutely love the idea of your little "library". I've got this wonderful image in my head of a dusty old place, all higgeldy piggeldy but snug, safe, quiet and cosy.

Hopefully I will be able to get my growing on a good enough schedule so I can join you in this. Brilliant.

It's less hope than planning, you're already on your way!:tommy:

I have emptied the Library once, so far.

I have a choice for NYE for the first time!:cheer::hookah:

Note to self for ‘next time’,

Get surgical gloves before next harvest/manicure, finger and scissor hash relies too much on good muscle control and coordination after quite a demanding task wearing out those same muscles and ‘available coordination’. Surgical cloves I could just put in the freezer and collect it tomorrow.

WOOT!! Congrats on the harvest AJ!! Sorry I've been away and missed the final days. Some nice looking smoke you got there! Kudos!:thumb::high-five::yummy::welldone::green_heart::nicethread::headbanger::woohoo:

Thank you for popping in BID, I haven't run out since I began this obsessive hobby, severe rationing at times, with everyone’s help I have managed to increase quality or quantity with each harvest so far, a few guerilla grown autos the last 2 summers certainly helps.

Thanks BID :thumb:
g grows are badass and autos are too u gotz ta check my cream caramels i cut today sick frost!!!
i normally run more perpetual but the bigger tent prompted me to try some bigger plants thus not having a harv for over a month was weird!

g grows are badass and autos are too u gotz ta check my cream caramels i cut today sick frost!!!
i normally run more perpetual but the bigger tent prompted me to try some bigger plants thus not having a harv for over a month was weird!

I have been checking BID be sure of that! Cream Caramel Auto is the most 'luxuriant' smoke I have grown, it creates the whole Ambience thing, just add a little sound track and you can easily be where you want to be!!

:ganjamon:

disposable gloves are invaluable! i have 500 for when i harvest and for when i bag up. im sure the reasons are pretty self explanatory ;)

A very embarrassed question from the back of the class... erm, does it really have an effect like that then?

I have been checking BID be sure of that! Cream Caramel Auto is the most 'luxuriant' smoke I have grown, it creates the whole Ambience thing, just add a little sound track and you can easily be where you want to be!!

You guys have got to stop this. I keep going to Herbies, filling up the basket and the emptying it again because there is no way I could try all these strains between now and the next century! :laugh:

A very embarrassed question from the back of the class... erm, does it really have an effect like that then?

hmm Like what?

When you are harvesting and manicuring, trimming I think it's called now, the scissors and your fingers get coated in a very usable resin, if you wear the gloves you can just take them off at the end and put them in the freezer until overcome with eagerness, you can collect the frozen flakes over a piece of paper, I let it dry for a day or so and then lovely Finger hash.

Without the gloves you have to rub the 'stickyness' off, along with any dead skin cells and dust you've inevitably managed to attract onto your sticky fingers, it ends up almost black, I will avoid where possible.

No dumb questions, just some dumb answers

:thumb:

hmm Like what?

When you are harvesting and manicuring, trimming I think it's called now, the scissors and your fingers get coated in a very usable resin, if you wear the gloves you can just take them off at the end and put them in the freezer until overcome with eagerness, you can collect the frozen flakes over a piece of paper, I let it dry for a day or so and then lovely Finger hash.

Without the gloves you have to rub the 'stickyness' off, along with any dead skin cells and dust you've inevitably managed to attract onto your sticky fingers, it ends up almost black, I will avoid where possible.

No dumb questions, just some dumb answers

Thank you AJ! I just wasn't sure if I was going to be getting a bit woo woo after Giga's comment :)

I'm so glad you brought this up, I could see me getting into a horrible horrible mess otherwise!

actually, yes to what AJ said, but also, (this one doesnt apply to me) because you can get a harvest buzz. and finally and most obviously in a country that has no legal loopholes whatsoever...baggies and fingerprints aint too clever, lol

Ah yes, good point! I'm so glad I just grow for me, couldn't cope otherwise.

I don't know if I want to use gloves now if it means I will miss out on my Harvest Festival treat! :)

Back
Top Bottom