RC grows White Widow with CFLs!

Time for an update!!!

last night i did some work in the veg room. cleaned it out, sprayed for bugs and got rid of the mite infested mother plant. before i did that i cut 6 clones from her and dipped in neem. the best looking clone will be used as a new mother for 2010 outdoor grow and a few more indoor plants, the rest will be flowered when the flower room is cleared out. at that time i will also clean the flower room and de-bug, may pull plants from both rooms and bug bomb not decided yet.

so far the clones are looking great, only 1 wilted which was corrected after an hour under humidity dome. this time im trying to clone without the use of a humidity dome or using them the least i can.

the oldest plants in flower are still looking pretty yellow from the crappy nute issues and unclear instructions but the yellowing seems to be at a standstill and the buds keep getting bigger and packing on more frost.

here are some new pics, sorry about the colors, you know how it is when you start screwing with camera settings! looks like im growing under LEDs lol

here are the 2 LSTd twins and the FIMd white widows.

12230901.JPG

12230902.JPG

12230903.JPG

12230904.JPG

12230905.JPG

12230906.JPG

12230907.JPG

12230908.JPG

12230909.JPG

12230910.JPG

12230911.JPG

12230912.JPG

12230913.JPG

12230914.JPG

12230915.JPG

here is the newest topped WW clone, looks healthy, GREEN stems/branches this time! phew! looks like will be a good yielder!

12230916.JPG

12230917.JPG

and the new clones...

12230918.JPG

12230919.JPG

Last but not least! Have a very holiday everyone! and a very happy and prosperous new year! hope everyone gets what they wanted!
:grinjoint:
:thanks:

looks like its snowing in FLA too lol.. nice job with the ladies.. they look frosty and delicious!
:goodjob:

+rep

thanks guys! it HAS been cold here last few nights lol, maybe that helps w/ the "snow"

the flower room is really starting to stink, smells like white widow! lol hits you like a brick wall when you first open the door though. thankfully the odor seems to be containing itself to the flower room only (for now) but im not too worried at this point, not much time left and i have another room between them and any company that may show up.

ouch, just was looking at shipping prices on some FFOF, 50$ for 1 bag??? 20$ bag of soil + 50$ shipping = 70$ bag of FFOF??? am i doing my math correctly??? this scares me! every online shop i try its between 60-70$

would a local hydroponics store carry this possibly? or geared more for hydro? what kind of prices should i see in a local hydro store? around 35$? 40 or less i pray

im trying to contact suncoast hydroponics to see if he can rescue me, i like having him close!

calling SunCoastHydro!

sch.jpg

Well ive been looking into a few different strains today, im thinking about buying a few seeds, already have them in my shopping cart ;)
just wanting to get everyones opinion on these strains.

TGA Subcool - Vortex (Regular)

Apollo 13 is another legendary clone-only strain in the USA. It was used as the seed-bearing parent in this awesome cross. Its a sticky, milky, sweet tasting plant that has a very uplifting high, very enjoyable, puts you in a very creative mood. Again Space Dude has passed on the cherry-like sweet fruit undertone to an already complex apollo flavour. Excellent toke for daytime, non-confusing and clear, each toke is a tasty treat which usually leads to smoking excessive amounts, leaving the smoker in a daze. Can creep up on you. Excellent stout structured, vigourous plants.

Indica/Sativa: 20%/80%
Flowering Time: 58-65 Days
Yield: Good
Resin Production: Very High
Smell/Taste: Spicy Fruit, Cherry
Effect: Clear, Pain Relief

TGA Subcool - Agent Orange (Regular)

Orange Velvet x Jack The Ripper

Orange Velvet is a much sought after strain in the USA, due to its uncanny orange creamsicle flavour and enjoyable medicinal high, using Subs JTR male to add yield and lots of resin, this plant is like smoking a bowl of fruit each toke coats your mouth with deep flavours of mango and oranges. A favourite of the ladies due to its flavours and medicinal effect, very thorough long-lasting stone, extremely stout plants that can support huge buds, a very good strain.

Indica/Sativa: 60%/40%
Flowering Time: 55-58 days
Yield: Good
Resin Production: Very High
Smell/Taste: Orange, Mango
Effect: Narcotic, Medicinal

Nirvana - Papaya (Feminized)

Papaya (Mango) is a fast growing plant, mold and disease resistant, and usually an early maturing plant. Papaya has a sweet, tropical fruity flavour. Papaya is a heavy, greasy indica staying low and dense, very suitable for sea of green gardens. The buzz from our papaya is lethargic, almost narcotic.

Plant height: Short Plant
Stoned or high?: Stoned INDICA
THC level: High THC
Flowering Weeks: 8
Yield : 500
Harvest Month: 8/9

Barney's Farm - Red Dragon (Feminized)

The parentage of this line is exotic — a West Himalayan Kush crossed with a true breeding Brazilian sativa. (Utopia Haze) "These buds have a distinct and immediate, exotic sativa high, but is followed minutes later by a wonderful undertow of a solid Kush stone that lasts and lasts. Finished buds have a taste and smell of sweet guava fruit.

Red Dragon grows medium short, (80cm) and produces heavy colas of unique red/green buds.

Flowering time is short ( max — 9 weeks) giving big yield of highly prized product, that finishes by mid to end September.

Type: Indica / Sativa
Genetics: Brazilian. Afghani
Yield: Optimum indoor. 500 gr/m2
Indoor Height: 55 — 65 cm
Indoor flowering time: 65 to 75 days
Outdoor harvest time: Mid/End September

THC: 23%
CBD: 1.2%

ive tried Vortex and Mango before, love them both. plus i wanted to throw a sativa in there

wow just looking at last pic update and realized theyre 5 days old already! time is flying! will take some new pics for updating tonight. also made me realize that my clones are going on their 6th day and i still havent gotten any soil. so i got my a$s in gear and bought a bag of FFOF, found a bag for$40 so not quite 20 but better than 60. also have a nice bag of perlite and some ph7.01 on the way ;)

also getting close on the first WW, day 45 of flower!

Day 45 for the first WWs...
i noticed they started packing on more trichs last night and the smell is getting stronger

havent seen any more spider mites in the flower room in a few days and none in the veg room since i removed mother, vegging clones and sprayed. only kept 6 clones from mom that i dipped in neem before bringing into grow room. one clone will be a new mother wich will provide plants for an outdoor grow next year and maybe indoor depending on the smoke after the harvest in a few weeks. one other clone has been chosen to be part of a test/experiment! this will be grown in a 40oz "hempy bucket" style cup. i have been researching a little and im seeing GREAT results! even with smaller cups <40oz

12290901.JPG

12290902.JPG

12290903.JPG

12290904.JPG

12290905.JPG

heres the FIMd WW clone about 1.5wks behind the last ones. nugs all look like little frosty pinecones, i think they will be even whiter than the other plants. tonight i found that a good bit of leaves had gone yellow but i fed them tonight with 12-55-6 at 1/4 strength (3-13.75-1.5). this will be the older plants' last feeding, water and a light molasses from here to harvest.

12290906.JPG

12290907.JPG

12290908.JPG

now here is the youngest in flower. she is about 1.5 wks behind the last. starting to frost up and buds taking shape. looks like she will be the best yielder. also branches are not turning red/purple as soon and leaves are retaining dark green color. she must be having an easier time getting nutes, she didnt get fed hard like the first 2, cant wait to see how much better she produces.

12290909.JPG

12290910.JPG

12290911.JPG

12290912.JPG

Wowser :whoa: Awesome looking buds and plants brother grower! :popcorn:

thank you thank you :smokin: :grinjoint:

i cant wait to harvest the big pot of LSTd twins and give the other 2 some better light approx 18 more days! woohoo!!!!! :cheer:

with the density of the buds and the way my last 2 harvests were just as dense and the way they dried + cured im expecting 1+ oz dried from each pot (rough eyeballin estimate of course...)

even at 46 days of flower i see the buds getting fatter, new bud growth forming on tips and fresh white pistils popping out. still putting on more trichs!

every night i want to pull a couple small "tester" buds but i have to tell myself no, just smell them. the taste test buds i pulled and quick dried last week were very good. good taste. tasted like i expected + alot of green fresh picked taste. got me very stoneddddd.... i smoked the small nug in my new glass bowl the gf got me for xmas then went to buddys house to pick up some meds. ended up getting 2 diff kinds of haze and my WW buzzzzz from an hour ago overpowered the hazes when i tried to sample them! my head was laying on my shoulder with drool coming from my mouth but i was awake!

Sweet!
Awesome job so far! Your White Widows look great, and great job with the clones. I'm for sure growing WW next!

Yes, genitics do wonders for grows! I'm thinking about doing a Johnny Appleseed thing with my bagseed. Just spread it across the land.

thank you Ms. chump stain :grinjoint:

funny thing, always saved a mids bagseed here and there if it was some "really good stuff", some "fire"...you know lol

but now i think i might toss all of those out the winderrr

even to think that the WW clones come from a mother that was technically grown from a "bag seed". it was one of 2 seeds found in a white widow nug from a mendo med shop. but all white widow i ever tried always had a seed or 2 so i just figured its a ww thing, infact on one of the LSTd clone i found a banana a few wks into flower, but i plucked it and havent seen any more.

but for now on after seeing what a role genetics play in the growing game im buying my seeds for now on!

:thanks:

remember how i mentioned the plan of testing a 40oz hempy cup? well that cup turned out as a clone transplant starter cup before moving into their final home before flower.

i went out and bought these babies, less than 4$ ea i couldnt resist!11.8 x 9 x 13.25" 4gal rubbermaid wastebaskets. nice and deep, 4 gal should grow some beauts! this will be the next journal starting with the next batch of clones. i have 16 quarts of perlite coming tomorrow and then another 60 quarts on the way ;) not sure what to do with 15+ gal of perlite but i got a good deal lol

planning on starting in the 40oz cup until the roots hit bottom then transplant into 4gal homes until they hit bottom then flower, thats my plan!

question: whats the difference between soil nutes and hydro nutes? what will happen if i use my soil nutes instead of hydro nutes in my hempy buckets?

rchempy.JPG

remember how i mentioned the plan of testing a 40oz hempy cup? well that cup turned out as a clone transplant starter cup before moving into their final home before flower.

i went out and bought these babies, less than 4$ ea i couldnt resist!11.8 x 9 x 13.25" 4gal rubbermaid wastebaskets. nice and deep, 4 gal should grow some beauts! this will be the next journal starting with the next batch of clones. i have 16 quarts of perlite coming tomorrow and then another 60 quarts on the way ;) not sure what to do with 15+ gal of perlite but i got a good deal lol

planning on starting in the 40oz cup until the roots hit bottom then transplant into 4gal homes until they hit bottom then flower, thats my plan!

question: whats the difference between soil nutes and hydro nutes? what will happen if i use my soil nutes instead of hydro nutes in my hempy buckets?

rchempy.JPG

You have a good plan there!
You can use any kind of nutes in a hempy. Just keep the PH at around 6, give or take. I like to start off at 5.8 and then raise it as flowering progresses.

Just remember that they're going to look crappy until the roots hit bottom....water them daily or even 2 or 3 times a day. You can't over water....and once the roots find moisture, the growth will be unmistakeable.

thanks doc!

good news, my tap water + nutes = PH 6.0! lol, makes it easy.
perlite doesnt influence PH up or down right? i can flush w/ whatever and then feed with 6.0 nutes and my PH will be 6.0?

Ms. chump stain.
- im hoping to flower as soon as the roots hit the water, im hoping theyre not too big by then. atleast the buckets have a nice shape that lets me keep them close. ill give the first 2wks and if growing too big ill throw the second one in soil or cut the other bucket down to 2-3gal to get the roots to the water faster. i just want to see some foot long buds popping out of a bucket of perlite!

all sites i was reading about hempy buckets on told me to put the hole 1.5-2" from the bottom, i put mine 4" oc from bottom to get the roots there faster and give a bigger res for the roots to grow once they hit.

thanks

thanks doc!

good news, my tap water + nutes = PH 6.0! lol, makes it easy.
perlite doesnt influence PH up or down right? i can flush w/ whatever and then feed with 6.0 nutes and my PH will be 6.0?

Ms. chump stain.
- im hoping to flower as soon as the roots hit the water, im hoping theyre not too big by then. atleast the buckets have a nice shape that lets me keep them close. ill give the first 2wks and if growing too big ill throw the second one in soil or cut the other bucket down to 2-3gal to get the roots to the water faster. i just want to see some foot long buds popping out of a bucket of perlite!

thanks

You won't be dissappointed....and I predict you'll never go back to soil. What kind of nutes you using?

You won't be dissappointed....and I predict you'll never go back to soil. What kind of nutes you using?

im using miracle gro or shultz or something 10-10-10 1/4-1/2 strength and "super Bloom" 12-55-6 1/4 strength

im using miracle gro or shultz or something 10-10-10 1/4-1/2 strength and "super Bloom" 12-55-6 1/4 strength

You may want to pick up a bit of Calmag and maybe some tiger bloom.....remember in perlite the plants get nothing if you don't feed it to them. You need the micro's and minerals....no dirt means no micro's.

Hempy is easy....and I feel you get the best of soil and hydro in a simple, easy package.

Back
Top Bottom