RC grows White Widow with CFLs!

Rc, those buds look scrumptious:yummy: hell of a lst job and grow. :goodjob:

thanks sisco!

i cant wait, 2hrs 15min till i get too see how they look today! day 30 i think
they have been changing so much overnight i know they will look even better than before! still puttin on more and more trichs but still havent started plumping up yet. :( we will see in a couple hours

looking awesome bro, the purple stems usually indicate a phosphorus deficiency. This could also be due to how far along they are in flower, as when they get to the end of their cycle, they suck as much nutes from the remaining leaves and stems as possible. Judging by your buds, I wouldn't be too concerned. If you want to, I would bump up the flowering nutes slightly to see if it helps get rid of the discoloration. Phosphorus deficiencies can slow down plant maturity in some cases, resulting in a longer flowering time.

I know my first grow started to show purple stems around the same time as yours, and along with the purple stems came slower bud growth and production.

Looking really good man, white widow is some of the best bud I've ever smoked. Can't wait to see them harvested and cured!

Damn! That yield looks exactly like mine!! I used 5 23 watt cfls and let me tell you, id rather grow with a hps light of just og style, outside ;p

Damn! That yield looks exactly like mine!! I used 5 23 watt cfls and let me tell you, id rather grow with a hps light of just og style, outside ;p

trust me, i have some white widow outdoors right now too ;) i gotta take advantage of the free HID every year. and these girls have some more growing left, just beginning to swell still have 5wks to go

its been a couple days now since i sprayed with neem, there has been a dramatic decrease in spidermites and i laid down duct-tape on the soil surface for the gnats, caught quite a few sofar. but now all my leaves on the plants with buds have turned a lime green color! i dont know if its from the neem or what... i have been keeping PH around 6.0 and feeding 12-55-6 bloom nutes. thinking of raising the ph a couple points? but im out of ph calibration solution and i know its probaly out of cal. anyone know of any household items i could use to check calibration?

thanks!

checked PH yesterday, still 6.0, still dont have calibration solution but tested it with tap water and was about normal, so its deff within the 5.9-6.2 range i would say, which i am fine with. so resumed normal feed with 12-55-6 and gave a drop of superthrive. at least i dont see leaves dying and falling off quickly yet, just slowly building a yellowish tint and a few nute splash burns. buds are getting a little bigger so far and packing on layers on layers of trichs, looks like it snowed in the flower room last night!

also did another neem spray and today in the veg room i found no living spider mites or gnats. and in the flower room i only found 1 spidermite and i killed it ;)

there were beginning to be swarms of them, i knocked them down pretty good, planning at least 1 more spray before harvest and that should hold em off long enough.

i think i know for sure i would like to continue growing this strain. but next batch after im all flowered out will need to be done right with some FFOF and real nutes. that will be after a couple bug bombs and room sprays ;)

checked PH yesterday, still 6.0, still dont have calibration solution but tested it with tap water and was about normal, so its deff within the 5.9-6.2 range i would say, which i am fine with. so resumed normal feed with 12-55-6 and gave a drop of superthrive. at least i dont see leaves dying and falling off quickly yet, just slowly building a yellowish tint and a few nute splash burns. buds are getting a little bigger so far and packing on layers on layers of trichs, looks like it snowed in the flower room last night!

also did another neem spray and today in the veg room i found no living spider mites or gnats. and in the flower room i only found 1 spidermite and i killed it ;)

there were beginning to be swarms of them, i knocked them down pretty good, planning at least 1 more spray before harvest and that should hold em off long enough.

i think i know for sure i would like to continue growing this strain. but next batch after im all flowered out will need to be done right with some FFOF and real nutes. that will be after a couple bug bombs and room sprays ;)

hey bro, glad to hear that the plants are still doing their thing!

Spider mites are a bitch....they are one of the few living creatures that I truly hate. FWIW, I recommend that you NOT use neem on your next spray. The reason is that the mites that live from your most recent spraying are strong to the neem...and if you continue using that product, it'll do you no good. Spray 'em with some Doctor Doom Spider Mite Knockout. It's safe and works well. Any other product will work too....plus Neem tastes bad.

12-55-6...wow. That's some serious phosphorus, and a good bit of N.

Here's a link to how the different elements react to one another.
Concepts in Plant Nutrition

As one might imagine, nutrients often do not work alone in their effects on plant growth and development. Quite often, an excess of one nutrient can cause a deficiency of another. This effect is called nutrient antagonism. For example, an excess of potassium in the soil solution can interfere with magnesium utilization, and in effect causes a physiological magnesium deficiency even where the the soil supply of magnesium has been shown to be adequate. Another common antagonistic relationship is that of excessive phosphorus and its effects on zinc, iron and copper uptake. Some common antagonistic relationships are listed in the following table.

today is finally day 35! only 4 more weeks to go! lol i hate the wait, theyve been lookin good enough to smoke since they were tiny and just keep looking better every day.

here are some pics of the oldest girl in flower, looking very frosty and smelling very very sweet.. you can see the damage done with improper nutes and im sure the tap water here doesnt help. atleast i see no new leaves getting any yellower or falling off, i think i am starting to get her back on track. i think PH fluctuations between the feedings and the watering solutions arent helping my cause either. this week i plan on ordering some FFOF, non miracle-gro perlite, bat guano and a case of PH 7.01. i want to start a new WW mother in FFOF and clean my bug probs out, clear out the room and do some heavy spraying or bug bomb. i seem to have brought the amount of mites in the flower room down alot, only a few here and there.

12190901.JPG

12190902.JPG

12190903.JPG

12190904.JPG

12190905.JPG

12190906.JPG

12190907.JPG

12190908.JPG

12190909.JPG

12190910.JPG

Looking great RC! I like the frost build up on the oldest gal, yum! I agree not knowing the pH and using plain ol tap water isn't the best, yet sometimes we got to do what we got to do. It's a must to really watch and train your gals with cfl's and you pull that off every time! Keep it up! :cheer:

Looking great RC! I like the frost build up on the oldest gal, yum! I agree not knowing the pH and using plain ol tap water isn't the best, yet sometimes we got to do what we got to do. It's a must to really watch and train your gals with cfl's and you pull that off every time! Keep it up! :cheer:

thank you
i try to improve on something with every new grow, the biggest improvement i made with this grow was the lights for flowering and genetics! i see a big difference between using regs bag seed and a nice white widow bean lol. the growth rate and bud production is so much different. the nute intake difference was unexpected. i figure if i start with some better soil thats actually sterilized and some nutes where i have more control over the NPK and if i also keep 5-10 galons of pre-PHd water i should be alot better off for next grow. i am impressed with the density of the buds i get from flowering 3 plants under 5 CFLs. rock hard, even the last grows.

the white widows really did frost up well too, and pretty much as soon as they started looking like tiny nugs they started frosting over. still 4 wks to go!

i just cant wait to see what these clones will do with some better soil and nutrients more tailored to their growing.
thinking i will take a couple last clones from this mother before she gets destroyed and pick one to start the next mother with. i really like the way these buds are looking and smelling i know theyre going to be a very nice smoke! i really want to keep these genetics going.

also im starting to wonder if these plants are genetically programmed for the purple stems, theyve had them since they were bean sprouts and anything i do doesnt seem to correct them, otherwise they seem to be growing fine. :cheer:

thank you
i try to improve on something with every new grow, the biggest improvement i made with this grow was the lights for flowering and genetics! i see a big difference between using regs bag seed and a nice white widow bean lol. the growth rate and bud production is so much different. the nute intake difference was unexpected. i figure if i start with some better soil thats actually sterilized and some nutes where i have more control over the NPK and if i also keep 5-10 galons of pre-PHd water i should be alot better off for next grow. i am impressed with the density of the buds i get from flowering 3 plants under 5 CFLs. rock hard, even the last grows.

the white widows really did frost up well too, and pretty much as soon as they started looking like tiny nugs they started frosting over. still 4 wks to go!

i just cant wait to see what these clones will do with some better soil and nutrients more tailored to their growing.
thinking i will take a couple last clones from this mother before she gets destroyed and pick one to start the next mother with. i really like the way these buds are looking and smelling i know theyre going to be a very nice smoke! i really want to keep these genetics going.

also im starting to wonder if these plants are genetically programmed for the purple stems, theyve had them since they were bean sprouts and anything i do doesnt seem to correct them, otherwise they seem to be growing fine. :cheer:

Yep, some strains will purp on you if you like or not :D I've moved from soil to hydro recently and wow do I love the switch! You should get 1 of those big 100watt+ cfl's from a hydro shop or their online stores, cause it seems they give a better ultimate outcome, IMO ;)

:roorrip:

Yep, some strains will purp on you if you like or not :D I've moved from soil to hydro recently and wow do I love the switch! You should get 1 of those big 100watt+ cfl's from a hydro shop or their online stores, cause it seems they give a better ultimate outcome, IMO ;)

:roorrip:

i am vegging under 2x 100w CFL bulbs but they are getting dim on me and im noticing a big difference in growth. i wonder if the ones from a hydro shop would last longer? also sounds like a plan for the flower room once i get some spare cash. i do like the results i see from the 125 watters

also any idea if the ones sold in the shops are for the mogul sockets or the regular bulb sockets? or maybe they have both? my 100w bulbs use the mogul sockets, 68w bulbs use the regular

Back
Top Bottom