LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

Date: 4/2/22 - Day 62 of Flower (W9D6)
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo

Tent # 1 (The Playpen) - Betty
32x32x60
Light height and reading - Generic 100w LED @ 100% 6 Inches away - 50k LUX
Extraction - Mars variable speed 4" extraction fan on high
2x 6" oscillating fans

Tent # 2 (The Closer) - Abby & Jenny
24x48x60
Light height and reading - Viparspectra P2500 @ 100% 8" away - >65k LUX
Extraction - Generic 4" extraction fan
1x8" oscillating fan

Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog & Ocean Forest + 10% perlite in 5gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

Its mostly been cool and dry in the basement, which is right where I want it for now. I am not sure these ladies agree, though. Well, that and they haven't been watered in a while. It had been six days for Abby and she looked pitiful. She was limp and yellow with her soil pulling away from the edge.

I gave her and Jenny two liters of water each. Not a full drink, but enough to perk her up a little. Betty is still not ready for water quite yet so I'll check her again tomorrow.

I can tell I'm close to harvest when I walk out of my upstairs bedroom and immediately smell the girls in the basement. It's a good thing my wife loves the smell or I'd have a big problem.
Coming to the end of the 9th week and I'm finishing up this grow playing with the drought again. I'm keeping Abby's watering to a minimum for the next week, just enough to keep her alive. Jenny's right behind her. I think I could harvest now and be very happy with what I get. If I can bump up the trics in the last week even better! We'll see.

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is flopping all over the place. She looks pretty sad now but I'm betting she will perk up by tonight.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) is hanging in there and it still swelling. She is getting really frosty too.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) is really responding to the cooler nights. She gets more purple every day.

I'm sharpening up my scissors and getting my drying room ready. Have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Growing.
They about to fall over bro they so heavy

Oh @7Dust2 Abby would've fallen over long ago without the bamboo. Betty has a couple of branches that are starting to hang low, and Jenny's still holding strong. Of course Jenny has thicker branches ;) They just need to hold on a couple more days...

The plants are killer, Budman.

Way to trim that water bill! :Rasta:

Looking very scrumptious,can't wait to see them final trimmed Nugz.

Bud of the month,did you win?
Thanks @mk2SMOKEY Yes I won Bud of the Month for March... and had a lot of fun celebrating ;) Now let's see if we can pull a repeat with these ladies!

Thanks @mk2SMOKEY Yes I won Bud of the Month for March... and had a lot of fun celebrating ;) Now let's see if we can pull a repeat with these ladies!
Well done!!i always forget to check out the Nug of month,plant of month,member of month etc.

Plus I'm sure they will thrive for you my friend.

Always a good detailed read also.

Thanks

Date: 4/7/22 - Day 67 of Flower (W10D4)
Strains - Hindu Kush (Abby), Purple Haze (Jenny), and White Widow (Betty) - All fem and photo

32x32x60, Generic 100w LED @ 100% 6 Inches away - 50k LUX
Fans - Mars variable speed 4" extraction fan on high + 2x 6" oscillating fans

24x48x60, Viparspectra P2500 @ 100% 8" away - >65k LUX
Fans - Generic 4" extraction fan + 1x8" oscillating fan

Basement Temperatures

It's been warmer here the past couple of days. I actually put the A/C on for an hour or so last night just to cool down the basement a few degrees at lights-out. It'll be cooler through the weekend, perfect for finishing out these ladies.

Abby and Betty get a full watering this morning, ending their drought. Abby went to the 11th day, and Betty to the 10th. Both are short on leaves to pull from. Jenny's still going strong with plenty of green leaves, so I just gave her a liter of rescue water today. We'll see where she is tomorrow.

Abby (Hindu Kush) is really swelling up now. She's also incredibly frosty, even on her smaller inside buds. She's flopping around right now due to the drought, it'll be interesting to see if she picks up at all in the next day or two.

Betty (White Widow) is just about done. She has very few functioning leaves. She's also very frosty, even her little 'appendage' at the bottom ;) Oh and as her leaves dry and fall off I'm getting a better look at the fasciated bud, and it looks dense!

Jenny (Purple Haze) is holding up remarkably well. She has a few leaves that are shriveled up but quite a few that are still green and healthy.

I'll take more tric shots tomorrow, but I'm pretty confident that Abby & Betty will be chopped this weekend. I plan on putting them in dark on Friday night and chopping on Sunday. I'm not sure if Jenny will join them or not, we'll see tomorrow :) Everyone enjoy your Thursday, the weekend's almost here!

Happy Growing

Date: 4/8/22 - Day 68 of Flower (W10D5)

I ended Jenny's drought today on day# 11. Now that they've all ended their drought, there's only one thing left; CHOP TIME!?!

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is really swollen and looks the most ready, but then her tricomes look the most clear. I wonder if this is an effect of the drought.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) is the one I am most sure is ready. Lots of cloudy trics with a few clear and amber.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) has the most white hairs left, but those same hairs have been there for weeks. She has a lot of cloudy trics too.

I think all of these girls will be ready to chop after 36 hours of dark. I'm ready to harvest these girls, but I also don't want to waste months to save a week. Of course, I don't think I can go to harvest without hearing from you, @Bill284. What do you think. Time to chop? @zigzagman1960 what do you think? Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks guys and have a fantastic Friday!

Date: 4/8/22 - Day 68 of Flower (W10D5)

I ended Jenny's drought today on day# 11. Now that they've all ended their drought, there's only one thing left; CHOP TIME!?!

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is really swollen and looks the most ready, but then her tricomes look the most clear. I wonder if this is an effect of the drought.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) is the one I am most sure is ready. Lots of cloudy trics with a few clear and amber.

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) has the most white hairs left, but those same hairs have been there for weeks. She has a lot of cloudy trics too.

I think all of these girls will be ready to chop after 36 hours of dark. I'm ready to harvest these girls, but I also don't want to waste months to save a week. Of course, I don't think I can go to harvest without hearing from you, @Bill284. What do you think. Time to chop? @zigzagman1960 what do you think? Anyone else want to chime in?

Thanks guys and have a fantastic Friday!
I see full ripe buds, TIMBER. :rofl:
Congratulations on a fantastic harvest my friend. :bravo:
I hope you have help trimming. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Seriously though everything shows signs of maturity.
I'm sure their appetite has diminishing to next to nothing by now.
You got them in jars yet? What you waiting for. :laugh:
Excellent work.

Stay safe
Bill

I see full ripe buds, TIMBER. :rofl:
Congratulations on a fantastic harvest my friend. :bravo:
I hope you have help trimming. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Seriously though everything shows signs of maturity.
I'm sure their appetite has diminishing to next to nothing by now.
You got them in jars yet? What you waiting for. :laugh:
Excellent work.

Stay safe
Bill
Thank you @Bill284 for all your help and encouragement. The drought did a lot of the work for us getting rid of the extra fans. My son LOVES trimming and he's been anxiously awaiting the harvest. Between us and my wife we'll get them trimmed, washed, and hung up in no time ;)

I'll put the ladies in the dark tonight and we'll chop on Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Date: 4/4/22 - Day 64 of Flower (W10D1)

32x32x60
Light height and reading - Generic 100w LED @ 100% 6 Inches away - 50k LUX
Extraction - Mars variable speed 4" extraction fan on high
2x 6" oscillating fans

24x48x60
Light height and reading - Viparspectra P2500 @ 100% 8" away - >65k LUX
Extraction - Generic 4" extraction fan
1x8" oscillating fan

Basement Temperatures

I've been going down to the basement on the colder mornings and opening the sliding glass door (there's a screen) to keep the basement nice and cool. That and the drought is really showing on these ladies. They were pampered for their whole life and now they have 60f mornings and no water!!! Abby's on her 8th day of drought and Betty and Jenny are on their 7th day. Abby and Jenny got a rescue drink of 2 liters two days ago. Today they all got a rescue drink of 1 liter.

Starting week 10 of flower and these ladies are showing signs of finishing up. The calyxes are starting to swell and the smell has gone up a notch, then another. I'm hoping the cool temperatures and lack of water is encouraging them to swell their trics as much as possible. I'd like to try to prolong the drought through the end of this week. Then I plan to water them all in the morning for one final day of sunlight. That night I'll turn off the lights and harvest 36 hours later. Of course we'll see what these ladies have to say about that ;)

Abby (Hindu Kush 7-8 weeks) is really showing the effects of the drought. She's also smelling the strongest and her calyx are really starting to swell.

Betty (White Widow 8-9 weeks) is going through her second drought. It had been 7 days since she had anything to drink before her resue drink today. One branch is about to fall off but otherwise she's holding on. And getting really frosty...

Jenny (Purple Haze 9-10 weeks) is just starting to show the effects of the droughting. She really throws some beautiful colors in distress, though. And she's always been very trichy. She still has a few white pistils but those same white hairs have been there a while. I won't be surprised to see her finishing up this week as well.

Along the lines of stressing the plants, I'm considering spiking them as well. Does anyone else spike their plants before harvest? How long before? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone and have a great week.

Happy Growing.
Just curious, are those temp/humidity charts coming from your homes smart thermostat or something in your tent with an app.?

Hi @Timhomegrow they are from my Govee hygrometers. Check out this post and let me know if you have any questions.

Date: 4/9/22 - Day 69 of Flower (W10D6)

Day 69 :green_heart:of flower and the sun didn't come up today for these ladies. And that's nothing compared to tomorrow...

Hope you're enjoying your weekend:passitleft:

Thanks @Stunger I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can tell the difference from the drought. Either way I'm excited for the harvest tomorrow.:yummy:

Maaaaaan I'm excited for you lol looks great I'm sure you'll enjoy your harvest. By the way may I ask a favor that you do a separate smoke test for the mutant nug :cheesygrinsmiley: that thing has had me interested since day one lol

Oh Yeah!

I'll bet you're licking your chops now! :thumb:

Maaaaaan I'm excited for you lol looks great I'm sure you'll enjoy your harvest. By the way may I ask a favor that you do a separate smoke test for the mutant nug :cheesygrinsmiley: that thing has had me interested since day one lol
Yea I'll definitely keep that one separate. It has had me intrigued as well.

Back
Top Bottom