RC grows White Widow with CFLs!

here is a small sample nug i took on day 46 or 47 i dont remember... i just couldnt resist, they smell so sweet!

its been drying in front of a 120mm fan in my computer and is drying nicely but staying sticky. just put it in a jar to even out the moisture and see how much more i need to remove before sampling. its weighed 1g fresh and trimmed, down to about .3g now but is staying rock solid

wwtbB001.jpg

wwtbB002.jpg

:thanks:
:rollit:

That's some sugar dip herb right there

hehe thanks, i thought they looked frosty on the plant, the trichs come out even more as it dries!

whats up everyone! started a new journal for my hempy bucket grow! everyone is invited! link is in my sig

thanks!

happy new year rc !!

your plants look amazing, simply amazing. i am going to attempt these pruning techniques of yours on my next grow, as youve seen the space problems im having currently on my first attempt. roughly how much is harvested per plant ??

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updating. just a quicky tonight and some pics tomorrow!

the LSTd widows are looking effin fantastic, day 52 of flower today and man they are beefin up big time! they are gettin CHUNKY! over night they had exploded outwards and are showing no sign of stopping. they look like the steroids kicked in. im getting very excited, harvest isnt far off.

the others in flowering are looking also, the FIMd girl has alot of leaves with burnt tips and the leaves are yellowing. been going very light on the nutes. PH calibration still hasnt arrived!

Also. i had a small widow clone growing outdoors. due to the cold snap, securities sake, and ect... i have decided that it was time to harvest, although more than a couple weeks early. she is very frosty and very sweet/spicy lemony smelling, almost like a lemonhead. i figured it was best after checking up on the 10 day forecast and seeing 32deg and rain on saturday (kinda odd for SWFLA).

question: i have a seed from some very very frosty unknown strain nugs and it is in the process of germing. if i veg it for about 2 wks will i still have enough time to get a good 8wks of flower in my neck of the woods?

thanks guys, ill be back tomorrow with some pics ')

hi rc51, been reading your journal and see your using cfl's, do you know what a 300w (2700k) red cfl can produce??(roughly), im vegging 2 plants (slh & afghani x bigbud) with a 250w blue cfl and also wondered if i should use both to flower or just the red? :ganjamon:

hi rc51, been reading your journal and see your using cfl's, do you know what a 300w (2700k) red cfl can produce??(roughly), im vegging 2 plants (slh & afghani x bigbud) with a 250w blue cfl and also wondered if i should use both to flower or just the red? :ganjamon:

this will actually be my first grow using this specific light setup for flowering. Before I was using a 6500k 100w CFL and 1 68w 2700k CFL and flowered 2 small bagseed plants under them. i vegged for about a week before they went into flower and gave me a couple rock-hard colas about 4" long. this is from one of my first indoor grows, getting a feel for the lights and nutes. this time im flowering under 5 68w 2700kCFLs and have 3 plants under them, all rock hard buds once again and about the same size but many many more. ive taken a couple small test nugs from the eldest of the flowering girls and doing a rough guestimated calculation and eyeballing from the dried weight of the test nugs ill end up with around 1oz/pot dry (and not all stem). BUT i also noticed that halfway through the 8th week of flower the buds are bulking up and puting on ALOT of mass. they probaly put on 30-40% more mass in the past 4 days! so i really dont know at this point what i will end up with. i just know ill be ecstatic to pull 28g dry from each pot and if i get more ill be amazed. im very happy with these lights sofar though

keep checkin back in and within the next few weeks i can giveyou a soild answer to the yield. as far as a 250w or 300w (assuming you mean actual wattage) i dont know. i really have no idea how they perform, it seems like every different CFL i try gives me a whole different growth pattern and rate but i must say the 300w equivs (68w) CFLs from HD are kickin butt!

i can tell you that the 100w flourex lights (6500k) do a decent job at penetrating down to the lower growth when the bulbs are newer and my motherplants have been seeming to like it.

:cheer::grinjoint:

thats what i needed to hear!! , i thought someone might have said 'dont go near them' lol 1oz per plant is good enuff for me, thanx for replyin bud.:ganjamon:

like i said, its just a rough eyeballin estimate made by comparing test buds, i may be wayyyy off so dont take my word for it, plus like i said theyre still growing.

ill get some pics from a couple days ago up in a minute or 2

lookin good!! i will be growing some flashback#2 (white widow x flo) from sweet seeds soon, hope they turn out as good as those!:ganjamon:

thanks! every grow keeps getting better!

Yes you're noticing every grow is getting better because you're honing in your skillz. Those WW gal's look great, yes effin fantastic! IMO unknown bagseed not worth the time and energy, unless its unknown dank seed ;)

Looking great RC! I like the frost build up on the oldest gal, yum! I agree not knowing the pH and using plain ol tap water isn't the best, yet sometimes we got to do what we got to do. It's a must to really watch and train your gals with cfl's and you pull that off every time! Keep it up! :cheer:
Very nice cfl grow !! My experience is that if you use new FFOF soil and follow the FF nutrient schedule, you will not have to worry about ph. Good luck and keep up the good work !! :goodjob: :surf::smokin:

ouch, just was looking at shipping prices on some FFOF, 50$ for 1 bag??? 20$ bag of soil + 50$ shipping = 70$ bag of FFOF??? am i doing my math correctly??? this scares me! every online shop i try its between 60-70$

would a local hydroponics store carry this possibly? or geared more for hydro? what kind of prices should i see in a local hydro store? around 35$? 40 or less i pray

im trying to contact suncoast hydroponics to see if he can rescue me, i like having him close!

calling SunCoastHydro!

sch.jpg
RC, It's 26.00 a bag in Bennington Vt. !! And i think that's a lot !! Ha !! Hey, if you're stupid enough to pay to ship dirt, then they figure they can charge you whatever and you'll never know or wont care. I admit, FFOF is a great medium, and i drive 50 miles to get mine. FF has a web site & you can find out where your nearest dealer is. Hope this helps you !! :cool:

RC, It's 26.00 a bag in Bennington Vt. !! And i think that's a lot !! Ha !! Hey, if you're stupid enough to pay to ship dirt, then they figure they can charge you whatever and you'll never know or wont care. I admit, FFOF is a great medium, and i drive 50 miles to get mine. FF has a web site & you can find out where your nearest dealer is. Hope this helps you !! :cool:

DUH i didnt think to check the FF website, but i found a place about 30min away that carries fox farm, not sure bout the soil but know they stock nutes.
i did buy a bag off ebay for $40 w/ free ship. but at the same time i also got a good deal on 60qts of perlite so decided to go hempy lol.

Back
Top Bottom