RC's Low-Budget Home Depot and Bagseed grow

thatll work out awesome. i ordered a 200watt cfl 10000 6500k
i feel good knowing i got some female plants in case my bag seed plants turn out mostly male. thanks again. peace sully

your welcome sully, you can also stop by your local home depot or lowes and pick up a few 75-100w cfls for under $15 and place those lower and to the sides of your 200watt to hit the lower portions of the girls. good luck to you bro, and enjoy your growing experience, any question I may be able to answer just feel free to ask! +rep for going with some quality strains

thanks pericodaking. im so excited. this is something i always wanted to do, but never had any time. now that im on workmans compensation and after going through major back surgery. its something to take my mind off the doctors, laywers, the bills etc....
if i have any questions about anything i'll ask you. i'll probably need help before setting up a flowering room and how to post pics. thanks man. i'll be in touch.
have a great day. sully.

woohoo!!! good news!
it a girl! one of the plants in flower turned out to be male the other day, chopped him, flower room just went lights on and theres a girl!

so now im just waiting on one more. thats in there now. the veg garden is looking green and healthy, growing fast! the smaller plants are looking more and more like their older siblings every day! the new CFL was a great addition, i cut out all smaller CFLs from the veg to dedicate all to flower until HPS time. so 2x 100w in veg and 6 27w sw (for now) in flower.

ill take some pics tomorrow, i gotta start thinking about dinner.

-RC

ok make it 2 girls :p
hehe

but i forgot to re-rig the flower lights last night after i was screwing with them and forgot to shut off b4 i left to work, told my GF to shut them off but hit the wrong ones (dont know how she messed that up) so the flowering lights were on my 2 girls from 7pm (last night) to about 4pm today.

is this one day going to hurt them? just started showing sex today and yesterday (actually one only has one pistil coming from each calyx sofar) i need to get a better timer so i can rig it up right.

now i dont want to just assume that the girls are garbage now and trash them, im hoping the 1 screwed up day doesnt affect them too much. (kinda like if there was an anti-eclipse at night or something)... anyways what are my chances? should everything be ok and just go on as normal? is there a good chance they might hermi from that?

thanks guys

-RC

i have a timer but its not exactly an outdoor one, i had a hard time finding timers last time i looked, they didnt have quite the selection i am used to. the one i have now only has 1 outlet on it and it isnt grounded so im pretty limited with it as to how im powering my lights... today i am going to go and get something better and an extra extension cord or 2.

-RC

well i finally took some new pics ;)
i have them narrowed down to 6 good looking plants in veg (one not so good off to the side) and 2 females in flower (about 2 weeks or so in 12/12)

im not sure what happened to the one on the side, it was looking very good then soon after transplanting things went down hill, not sure if i disturbed the roots too much or was a heat issue even tho ive been able to geep the temps from high 70's (F) to low 80's... it was also pretty dry when i transplanted it which probally didnt help. but its still growing strong, even out of the lights, packs on some hieght and reaches farther towards the light every day, not sure what to do with it, might scrap it just so not waste space and time.

some of the plants (mainly older ones) have their lower leaves turning yellow and falling off, im assuming theyre telling me theyre hungry? i gave them a light dose of nutes yesterday. hope im thinking correctly.

the ones in the back are just about starting their sixth week, hope they show sex soon so i know what or what not to clone because even for middies the smoke was damn good and i want to see what they can do at full potential (or as much as i can offer from my experience and supplies)

cant wait till i get everything straightened out and flowing well so i can stick my WW seed in some dirt! my mouth is watering for some of that bud again

i also started a thread about pill bugs in the pest and disease forums if anyone has any input... good or bad?

anyways here are the pics, last 2 are of one of them fems (the better looking one) :rollit:

52501.JPG

52502.JPG

52503.JPG

52504.JPG

52505.JPG

52506.JPG

52507.JPG

52508.JPG

52509.JPG

52510.JPG

52511.JPG

52512.JPG

52513.JPG

52514.JPG

52515.JPG

52516.JPG

52517.JPG

52518.JPG

52519.JPG

-RC

well if you have 2 of the 100w CFLs, the electricity is still going to be less than a 250w MH.
or about the same as a 100w MH... i know some of the HID lighting (MH and HPS) take quite an extra bit of wattage to get started tho, im not sure if flourescents are the same or not. my electricity bill did jump but it was from the A/C, i need to do some work on it, but thats solely from that im sure, i know its not running right, has a hard time starting compressor and its low on freon.
i say get one, you will be fine, its the same as running 4 25w or so (100w equiv) CFLs and they penetrate alot better and get the lumens to the plant alot better, the plants will thank you and in the end reward you

-RC

Back
Top Bottom