HighTechRasta's 1000W China LED COCO 4x3 2in1 Tent Perpetual SCROG With BruceBanner & Bagseed

More pics of that male offender. He now lives in a different area near a window
and get's 12hrs of garbage bag a night, LoL. He's kept alive for my learning,
unknown pollen will not be collected...

Not really seeing nanners anymore, at least not anything blatant. That's why it's getting bagged,
I need to see male flowers!

Comments Please...
:hmmmm:

Playing some catch-up here...

So, I got the original mini drip system setup on the Veg side.
Also have another shelving upgrade there for the 10L res
and the 1500VA UPS that the entire setup is plugged in to.
Got the 5 week old Purple Nuken down there, it'll take a back
seat to the LSDs on the next bloom round. Probably find a
back yard for it...

Sorry about the Blurple Pics..

As always, pretty happy with the crazy undergrowth.
:ganjamon:

Got the Condensate pump in place and the
Bloom Boom Room Recirculating Drip setup
is complete!
:slide:

This thing is the Tits! Have to watch and touch it to see if it's running, it's damn near silent.
I didn't know what to expect, whether the pressure would be high and need managing,
but it sends a steady voluminous flow back to big res. :)
Wait till you see the other end...

Pretty proud of my res setup.
On the left, we have 2 air stone lines coming in.
On the top right, we have the drip output line with my T'd anti-siphon pinhole nipple.
2 wires, 1 for the drip pump, 1 for the stir pump.
Below that, we have the drip return line that goes in to a
150 micron filter sock with holder. DIY bliss!
My volume lines/marks are on the inner wall,
I spent serious time and effort pouring water in this thing
by my kitchen sink to make the accurate markings,
then I drilled my holes and installed it in the shelf the wrong
freak'n way around, Grrrr! Oh well, I can see it down the side
but it sucks for the pics...

Pretty happy with the look inside the res,
I attribute it to Z9/Z7.
Surprisingly, the Ph has been super stable!
I add at 5.8 then adjust the res to 5.8 if needed
and it only rises to 6-6.1 the next day.
I keep upping the PPM, as it keeps coming back lower with the raised Ph.
Which has resulted in some stupid crazy bushy growth lately!

As you can clearly see,
I've been busy lately
and shit got away from me!
:thedoubletake:
I did as much of a hair cut as I could manage last night
before my was back was killing and I had to fold.
What should I do, strip these bottoms out?
I'm waiting on a few branches to reach the screen still,
inches away and moving fast though.
I'm exactly 1 week in transition after 12/12
and I'm running a 3-4day haircut rule,
should I be looking at a full lollipoping to the first screen next?

I should add, those pics were before last night's haircut! Oh my, right...

It was pretty tight in there! And I now know that my growing style
should allow for me to just run 2 plants in there at a time and get
the same results. And running 2 of a single strain will allow me
tighter control, as right now I see some differences between the
3 strains in there now.

Transitioning is more of a nutrient terminology. Pennywise's explanation is more accurate. FWIW, I try to get all of the undercut lollipopping done in veg before I put them into bloom so that there's less stress to be inflicted after 21 days of 12/12. Unless I need to intentionally stall upward growth, I don't touch a thing for the first 3 weeks of bloom, but every once in a while I am in a situation where the plant I put into bloom is already too big and I'll need to cut the stretch period to about half. I am in this situation with my most recent addition. I put her in and she was way too tall, so as soon as she starts to stretch, I'm going to have to put the heavy pimp hand to her. That's totally my mistake for sure, but as growers, we do what we gotta do sometimes, right?

Most growers want the full stretch to vastly increase yields, but for smaller grow spaces, doubling the size of the plant would be a bad thing, but then again, that's why they put them into bloom younger, to account for that.

So, my recirculating drip system is running for 2mins every hour,
from 7:30pm to 7:30 am. Lights are on 7pm to 7am. This has
been going good so far.
On the Veg side, the mini drip system is running for 18secs
every 2hrs. Seems to be fine as well. On that side I'm recirculating
manually with a little USB pump I run from the tray once a day.
Ph is pretty stable in both between my 5.8 and sitting 6-6.1.

Running so smooth, getting a little bored now...
But, there's always research, curently looking
into a super Heisenberg Tea blend, that I'll add
real lightly to start...

Running so smooth, getting a little bored now...
But, there's always research, curently looking
into a super Heisenberg Tea blend, that I'll add
real lightly to start...

That's the part about growing I hate, lol, when it's all dialed in and there's nothing to do. My new kick is trying to up my brix in hydro and am also rethinking my tea recipe. Before I change it, I want to look into maintaining a small compost heap that would allow me to make fast brews for more frequent use. I want to work in some azomite for exotic trace minerals that are outside the 6 I'm using in the feed.

Ok @Skybound, how can I not Bite...

Please share your recipe ingredients.

This is what I'm currently looking at:

Alfalfa meal - common additive for flowering plants (Main ingredient in AN Nirvana)
Crab meal - for chitosan, Chitosan causes ridiculous flowering (main ingredient in AN Bud Factor X)
Earthworm castings - majority of the microbes this brew will grow
Humus soil - Colloidal substances that increase cation exchange, nutrient chelation
Alaska Kelp Fertilizer - Atlantic Kelp, (the second active ingredient in AN nirvana)
Hydrozyme - B6 digestive support
Fluvic Acid - aids with uptake
Oatmeal - Fungal food resource
Dark brown sugar - Bacterial food resource
Aquashield/Hydroguard - (AN Voodoo) bacillus subtilis,
Mychorhizal Fungi - of some kind, I have ProMix

Looking to brew 2gal at a time in a 5gal bucket, with RO water, a heating pad and 2 air stones.
Intend to manual top feed the coco. I will dilute before top feeding so I can get a good flush
through the coco and the runoff can dilute back into the res. Will use a 2 week watch rule to
judge reactions and adjust.
My biggest thing is figuring out what to stop using and buying. Right away, I figure anything
with similar/same ingredients, as the tea version will surpass anything out of a bottle. At the same
time, some of the stuff I have, I can use to make the tea and might be bought just for making tea going
forward. Really trying to dial this thing in, from what I see so far, if your up for the challenge and you're
really careful with application, it's the very best thing you can put your time and effort in! And that's
regardless of what medium you're growing in.

As a base, I used to use GO Ancient Forest for the humus, but got tired of filtering, so switched that out with powdered fulvic/humic/kelp blend @ 0.25TSP/Gal. I first add 3ml of unsulfured molasses to the pail, pump RO on top of that to break it up and absorb it evenly into the water and fill to 1 gallon. then I add 2ml of Fish Shit, 1/8TSP of Great White, the fulvic/humic/kelp mix, I then add 2ml of 2 products from Microbe Life that was gifted to me from my local hydro store, but each bottle is a different source of micros than what's in the Great White and Fish Shit. I used to use Aqua Shield than Hydro Guard, but my local shop stopped caring Botanicare, so that's what got me looking elsewhere, but if memory serves, both of the Botanicare products each only had one colony in the bottles; "bacillus amyloliquefaciens" so as far as I was concerned, anything that has that is the same or similar concentration would get me back to zero so to speak. I mix the above twice a week pretty much for years and have beautiful root systems. I brew for 36-48 hours, but have previously did 48-72 hours with equal results. My knowledge is always changing. Shit, just yesterday when reading Doc Bud's high brix super soil, he claims to not feed any sugars to the microes to keep them hungry and eating metals to produce traces which makes a lot of sense in one regard. If I were to pursue the adding of Azomite, I would need to get the same end result as that's what Azomite is, trace minerals.

Back
Top Bottom