RC's Low-Budget Home Depot and Bagseed grow

thanks pan4

got them into their new homes, the look better in the bigger pots, when i transplanted i could see a decent amount of roots wandering around the outsides of the pots, looked like the perfect time to transplant. i took a sample of the new soil and ran some water through to check drainage and PH. good drainage and ph of 6.6 this should help me fix things up much more easily. but i think next time ill just go straight to suncoast for some ocean forest, it looks yummy ;)

-RC

Everything sounds good! nice

thanks l8!

i know i havent been taking as many pics as i should. been so exhausted lately with work, the gf, the herbs. but i will manage, i see how big theyre getting and its getting me excited. theyre going to be huge by the time i get the HPS.

l8, i wish you could see the LST i have going in person, its branching out like crazy! its like a forest, i think im going to just let the top grow up now. question, should i cut the branches growing from underneath? they are reaching around alright and i have been helping them find the light through the main leaves. im just a little worried about the weight of the buds on the branches with a big curve in them... i guess i could tie them up if anything.

oh and i think my pots are 3 gal, even better right?
and i realized i should check online for the cheap ones since i cant find em anywhere around here, looks like alot of places sell to nursuries so you get stacks of them for cheap if you look around, i think i might order some.

i also bought a couple 220ml bottles of ph7.01 buffer calibration solution for the ph meter, it seems to get out of calibration after a few uses so im already out of the stuff they sent me. it was cheap anyways.

oh yeah and i have a couple small plants i threw into 12/12 a few days ago and i just realized one of them is different... lol
it have 3 sets of leaves and 3 sets of branches comming out of the same areas all the way up starting from the third set. and starting from the second set of leaves it already has the 7-finger leaves, and from the third up 9-finger

how common is this? a good thing? bad? looks semi normal otherwise and seems to be healthy, reaching up towards the light still and green!

-RC

Sounds like its fine to me. Leafs will randomly have anywhere from 5 to 11 finger leaves. Post a picture of it and I can tell you for sure.

well so far it looks like my problems are slowing down or at least not spreading, just the first set of leaves are dying off but im thinking thats normal. new growth is looking better, spots on 4/21 plant actually seem to be clearing up somewhat... noticed a burn on the tip of one of the leaves about halfway up on the 4/21 plant but im thinking it must have touched a bulb or something being so high up on the plant.

otherwise everything else seems to be going well, will take pics of flowering plants tonight when lights are on.

ive ordered new ph7.01 buffer for the meter and just placed an order for 25 3gal pots, should be by tues from alabama i think, ive got a couple that are going to need transplant soon, i dont like them outgrowing their homes

well heres some pics i just took!

x01.JPG

x02.JPG

x03.JPG

x04.JPG

x05.JPG

x06.JPG

x07.JPG

x08.JPG

x09.JPG

x10.JPG

x11.JPG

x12.JPG

x13.JPG

x14.JPG

-RC

Looking good. I like that last photo as well. Keep up the good work!

-Sol

rc51sport! those plants are looking super healthy and wow it is branching out like a forest! very nice work of the lst! +REP! and i also wish i could see those babies in person! do they smell yet!? they look super bushy! and leave the branches from underneath i wouldnt cut anything i would just let them grow naturally if its turns yellow and dies on its on then yank it will happen. and 3 gal pot i think you should be fine keep up the good work!

i also bought a couple 220ml bottles of ph7.01 buffer calibration solution for the ph meter, it seems to get out of calibration after a few uses so im already out of the stuff they sent me. it was cheap anyways.

Make sure that you store your meter with a piece of foam, small bit of folded tissue, or something in the cap so that you can place a few drops of storage solution in it. If you wish to prepare your own storage solution, you can do so by adding 10g of solid potassium chloride (KCl) to 100 mL of a buffer pH 4 solution. It is a good idea to add some buffer preservative (mold inhibitor), as well (add 3 drops preservative/100 mLs solution).

Many just use the pH 4 calibration solution but they're not the same thing (or not supposed to be). But I have done the same thing.

Don't store your meter dry as the tip will dry out.

NEVER (EVER) store it in distilled / 0ppm water. It will de-ionize (leach ions) from the probe.

You probably knew all that or read it on the box when you got your meter but I wanted to mention just in case.

As far as calibration, "the book" in important testing environments says for ultra-precise work do it before each use, otherwise at the beginning of each day because the glass electrode does not give a reproducible EMF over greater periods of time.

But many people go longer. I think there is a bit of "acceptable error" involved lol.

oh yeah and i have a couple small plants i threw into 12/12 a few days ago and i just realized one of them is different... lol
it have 3 sets of leaves and 3 sets of branches comming out of the same areas all the way up starting from the third set. and starting from the second set of leaves it already has the 7-finger leaves, and from the third up 9-finger

how common is this? a good thing? bad? looks semi normal otherwise and seems to be healthy, reaching up towards the light still and green!

-RC

Usually - not always - was one that when it was all said and done, I wished that I had not kept. Still, you never know.

i fu88in love your posts tortured! glad to see you back!

yes i have read most of that but i have 2 questions, i would prefer to store the probe in whats better for it but i was just curious, it says to store in water, so i COULD store in regular tap water if i wanted to. correct?

and second, what would be the benefit of turning ph4 buffer into ph7 buffer over just buying ph7 buffer?

and mine, (ph600) instructions say to calibrate using ph7 buffer

thanks for the info TS

-RC

Back
Top Bottom