My first

tizzo

Well I've started my first grow a few weeks back. I think the plant is 25 days old. Its about 5 or 6 inches tall. I've already experianced problems, but thanks to Carp all is well again. I had it outside, but had to bring it inside for 4 or 5 days(rain for days). Hope the compact flouro keeps it alive enough to make it back to life outside. Wish me luck. Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Re: My first grow

Yeah, had to move it today. Here's a pic. Anybody got any advice on a cheap grow light?

DCP_20171.JPG

For CHEAP lights, I say get a few CFL's [compact florescent lights]. They are pretty cheap at Walmart or wherever. Buy the clamp reflectors and the lights, and its much easier and cheaper than the MH or HPS- although those obviously give the best results...Ive got a 4' full spectrum fluro and 7 CFL's in my room and everything is turning out pretty good, considering- plus the total of all the lights cost me maybe $40.:allgood:

go to home depot and buy a shop light rack for 8 bucks, go get the 2 tube bulbs only 3 bucks, and i say get 2. everyone needs 2 lol.
hey man, that plant is starting to streach, get the light 4-6 inchs away for the plant, once it streaches it wont beable to hold its own weight :|
no offense but that plant is small for 25 days. anything happen to it to stunt it?

indsidesun.com has good deals. Urdedpal sent me a link to another good place that had cheep good lighting. I highly suggest the HPS instead of the CFLs for flower if you can afford 120 bucks for a light. It is deffinately worth it.

Thanks for all the lighting info. And the reason its stunted is because about a week back it was windy(40-50mph gusts). And I was out of town so it went unprotected. Ended up with a very crooked stem.

Searching around my house for supplies, and what do I find? None other then an MH light, with a fixture that the light actually fits into. So I put the light in along with a CFL. Just have to work on venting, its in a room without windows or circulating air.

It doesn't seem to be adjusting to being inside very well. Or perhaps I have the lights to high(8 to 10in"). Should I adjust the light cycle, or give it more water? It is about 58 degree's down there also.

put the mh(depending on watts), but generally 16inchs away for non burning of the plants, and i wouldnt get closer than 4 inchs with the fluoro's no offense shavos, but i have had and seen burning with a fluoro. and no your plant wont take well to artificial light after getting the real deal. plus the temps are probably flucuating, between being outside and comin inside. water it only when it looks dry, or the soil will crack or start cracking. also having a underwatered plant is better than having it drown. just put that into consideration. looks good though, i also found my mh :D

Is there anything I can do about the complete or almost complete lack of air circulation? Its in a 16' by 8' room. But no windows just a door that can't be left open.

CAN YA CUT A HOLE IN THE CELLING?? LIKE A 4" THAT YOU CAN FIX DOWN THE ROAD ONE DAY? OR IS THER A SECOND FLOOR?
P.J. OUT:sasmokin:

No can do on the hole in the ceiling, heh. But i might be able to make a small window with a fan fitting the hole. There is a window in the room, yet it is sealed with plexy glass(sp) and sealant(sp). I Can drill through and fit a 2" to 4" fan inside the hose. From the fam biz I can get "hose" and fans to fit and drills and bits large enough to make it happen. Just cautious to do so.

I woke up this morning to find this...

DCP_20201.JPG

DCP_20211.JPG

The leaves feel very dry, but I watered the day before. So should I give it more? Because people keep telling me that you can drown the plant.

Still haven't had a chance to put in the venting.

Back
Top Bottom