My first

Re: My first grow

I give my plants (when they were that small and on the 24/0 cycle) a shot or two of water a day. ...LOL, yeah, a shot glass of water. The plants and I sat around taking shots! LOL.... But just check the soil around the plant and make sure its moist. Also, you want to make sure enough water gets to the roots and all. I dont know how big your pot is so.... you just have to feel it out or buy a water meter.

Or you can just bust out the spray bottle and give it a good misting. Either or will work.

I thought water was absorbed by the roots mainly. And that the leaves where just a place for photosynthesis to take place. I might be wrong, I'm not a biologist. Better yet, should I move the lights to a 4" to 5" distance from the plant? because they where about 2" to 3". Thanks for any help.

Still haven't had a chance to even start the venting project. Way too much work, and I have to be sober(Not often).

Just returned the light to the plant. After 18 hours of no light. Trying to get the leaves to regenerate themselves, but it didn't work. so I just put the light 10 to 12" away from the top. Put in half cup of water right around the stem. I also got some new leaves. 6th or 8th sprout, however you look at it. Will post some new pics when she recovers.

Still haven't had the chance to put in the venting. I doubt I will ever actually put it in. I need to find a cheap solution. Will the addition of Ozone(O3) help the plant? Or do I need to add CO2(Carbon dioxide) to the atmosphere? Either way i cannot put a fan around it(noise) or else I would of already. I am a decent organic chemist, so the production of Ozone, or CO2 wouldn't be a problem, Just dont want to CO2 poison my family(leaking through the ceiling) by having something to produce it, not likely, but I will protect them every step of the way. They are what I am today, much love to my family.

Consider a foliar-spraying a temporary fix of water. If they aren't getting sufficient liquid from the soil, foliar feeding isn't going to save their lives. It just helps a bit. Plants seem to like and use all the water they can get their leaves on. ^_^ (But like we all know too much water is harmful.)

I wouldn't spray more than a few times a day, preferably in the morning or afternoons.. or early in whatever your light cycle is. They do need the light to absorb the water from their leaves better. The leaves need the energy (or nutrients) from water that the plants gather from the roots, right? You're just saving some of the plants energy it takes to transfer the nutrients from the roots by placing those nutrients directly on the leaves. Not all of it is absorbed, alot of it is evaporated. But like I said, a decent misting is nice every once and awhile. When a plant is ill or has some kind of deficiency, it's good to foliar feed a solution to help fix the deficiency (along with normal watering methods). Not much, but a little goes a long way.

Hey sorry for not posting, I got locked. Ah well. I'll put up some new pics today.

Well, I put a small fan in, and gave it more water. But the leaves that where burnt once have small brown spots on them. I moved the light farther away, and it doesn't seem to be helping. Should I just trim them off?

DCP_20241.JPG

DCP_20231.JPG

It looks okay. I wouldnt cut off the leaves though.
Make the CO2; its what they need most. Brewers yeast and sugar (and something else, cant rememeber b/c I'm sober) makes safe CO2 and no it wont hurt your family.
And remember the further away the light is, the more the plant stretches (learned that the hard way)

Peace!

Well I put the brewers yeast/sugar reaction next to the plant, and left the light on overnight. Today when I checked on it every leaf was bent over to the side where the fermentation was happening(some where upside down over the reaction). But it did perk up the leaves. So how do I go about getting the plant to straighten back up? Even the stem has a 20 to 30 degree bend to it. Thanks in advance.

Well I already removed the ash tray which the yeast/sugar reaction which had the CO2 producers in it. I am going to put it on the other side for a shorter length of time. Hopefully it gets the stem straight. I am going to watch it for hours on length to make sure the stem is straight. Hopefully I get this right so the stem is 100% straight.

P.S. - Tomorrow is DEMF, (Detroit Electronic Music Festival(sp) ) Much love ya'll( my bestfriend died on 5/26/06)

- Keep it real mackie!

hi tizzo when you make your co2 you take chunk of yeast 6 cups sugar and 1 litre jug of water shake well and often this will last 3 weeks then add more sugar if it fizzes put it back if not start new batch also if your giving them nutes stop let them recover for a week or so and leave them under 24 hour lites let your soil dry till it cracks and pulls from the edges then set pot in bowl or some thing to hold water then give it 1 cup water most will run through let it soak back up and wait for soil to dry and crack and then put water in bowl quater to half inch up on pot dump minimul amount of water around base of plant to insure it doesnt dry out before soil soaks it up this will encourage your roots to follow the water as it drys up and keep your fan fluttering your plant and you will have a good healthy stock in no time this is what i do and check how close my lights are

clone1at6weeks1.JPG

Thanks for the info cement, but I think I am going to have to just bite the bullet, an get quality lights. Because it wasn't the ethanol reaction that made the plant bend, because after I removed it an left just the lights the next day the plant was bent again. Shitty time to have to get new equipment though, just totalled my car.... How much you think a set up like cement's would cost, except only 2 lights, or I might be able to find a cheap HPS maybe.

these lites i made this for aprox 60 dollars ballast for 4ft 16$canadian end pieces 3$ for 4 find half sheet plywood 3/4 you could find scrap pieces big enough if theres a construction site nere by to go buy a complete set of lites 4ftx2 cost 30$cnd plus bulbs 2$-3$ or 8$ for grow bulbs but this is only my vegg light have 400watt hps to bud with but the vegg light was cheap easy and very eficient good luck tizzo

Not really sure what the problem is with my set-up/plant. It seems to hate light. I've tryed MH and CFL. HPS are too expensive currently for me. But everytime I turn on the light for even just 12-16 hours, the whole plant seems to bend away from the light. And its not a matter of being to close( its 4 to 6 inches away). I am truely confused on what to do. Thanks for any help.

-Tizzo

sorry tizzo dont really no to much about cfl and there temps but the mh give of alot of light and heat for young plant and stress them out are the leaves folding up and closeing together sign of stress could be the change of light real to artificial maybe ???sounds possibble when you add it all together maybe some one can give you better info as iam no green thumb nore do i know much about ph levels and stuff i just try to keep humidity & temperature levels right iknow it sounds high but latley my room temp has been 83-85 and the plants seem to love it faster growth and the humidity levels gets closer to where they need to be 70 or so only problem is the dank from the closet gets extreme at these levels and dont have filter set up yet any way enough babbling iam stoned sorry not abig help good luck

I will leave the light on for 16 hours and take a picture. You will see how the entire plant shy's away from the lights. Its weird; I don't really want to go outside and find a place to place the planter. Outside growing is less predictable, and cannot be controlled as well. Which makes it less easy to control the conditions the next time I try. Hopefully someone will come up with an inside lighting and everything conditions that I can afford($10 to $25.) Because that is basically all I can afford seeing as I totalled my entire car. Thanks in advance.

-Tizzo

Well here is a pic of it after going a week without light...

DCP_20281.JPG

But today i found a ballast for an 18 inch flouro. So I will be going up to the hardware store after I mooch some cash from a friend. Also seeing as it went without quality light for as much as a week, should I get some nutes for it? If so what would be the best for this situation?

the new growth on top looks good pointing up it just might not be able to hold its self up the leafs stock looks bigger than the trunk if you get a fan going this will help your stock greatly the leaves are drawing more food than the stock can handle due to it has been stretched out anway thats just my opinion either way improve the stock growth = improves over all plant growth

Back
Top Bottom