My plants have curled up, yellow leaves...help please!

kann9

Hello all-

First time growing. I have three clones inside a grow tent with a 7-Band 432w LED Grow Light. Watered them with the fertilizer on Tuesday and with plain pH-tested water today. I believe the clones were started on July 22nd. Two of the three clones have some yellow, curled up leaves. I'm not sure what it is and want to make sure they aren't on their way to dying. I took a picture of one of the clones. Any feedback would be appreciated!

mari1.JPG

That is a nitrogen deficiency transplant and get that girl some nutes! :morenutes:

Now it is possible that its being locked out. But probably more likely judging by how your soil looks that its just deficient.

IMO get some 5-1-1 alaskan fish fert from home depot. Its cheap, its organic, and it works. Also getting some azomite or seaweed would help give it needed minerals.

Gotta go to the store and pick up a bunch of shit for my plants. But tell us what kinda fert you already have, what kinda soil the plant is in too.

I believe it is Happy Frog Potting Soil. As far as fertilizer goes, this is what I used:

Technaflora Starter Kit, Vegetative Stage, Mixed in 1/2 gallon of water (no chlorine).
B.C Boost-1.5 tsp
B.C Grow-3/4 tsp
Thrive Alive B-1 Red-1/4 tsp
MagiCal-1/4 tsp
SugarDaddy-1 tsp

I pH-tested the solution afterwards as well.

Agree with Jimmy.. But maybe youd wanna consider a transplant soon too. She s lookin fairly big may have alot of roots down there!
Goodluck, Smokemup..

PH testing solutions is not needed for soil. Thats a hydro thing.

Your soil is either stable between 6-7ph or its not. The PH of the water will have no permanent effect one way or the other. If my soil is at 6.5ish normally and I water with stuff thats like 5.2 my soil wont drop down to 5.2, it may drop a few points for a few hours but within 24 hours itll be back to 6.5

I will be honest I know nothing about these fancy shamancy B.C products. I just know about the base nutes that they make them out of. Like Bat guanos, blood meals bone meals, sulphate of potash, and other basic ingredients.

But from the sounds and looks of it you really shouldnt have nitro deficieny using so much of a "grow" type nute, unless its uber weaksauce. As Smokem pointed out your plant is in a tiny cup, that dosent help matters.

However I just though of something. When you water do you water until stuff comes out the drain holes? Cause with as much stuff as you are putting in a half gallon of water to feed such a tiny plant you could be over doing it tbh. When my plants are that size they just get water, b-1 and superthrive. Possibly a tiny bit of 5-1-1 fish fert but it would be only a few drops into a gallon.

Bottom line here is my recommendation:

First take the plant out of that shotglass and put it in a bigger pot. Then drench the shit out of it with water use like 3 times or 4 times the amount of water as compared to the size of the pot. Then give it a small bit of b-1 and a small bit of nitrogen heavy fert (nitrogen is the first number of the three). When I say small I mean small too! Also pick off those 3 bottom leaves that are super yellow. If you got access to seaweed, kelp, or azomite. Mix that into your new soil as well.

I imagine happy frog has lime and sulfur in it, probably dolomite lime, but any sort of lime and sulfur in it is good for keeping ph stable. However check and make sur eyour soil does have some it in. If it dont I recomend a bit of each as well. In the right amounts they will help the microbes to keep your soil right around 6-7.

Yes, Jimmy is on the same page as me.. He helped me out of a tight spot and is handy to have around when your growing in SOIL!!:) AND HAVE SPIDER MITES:rofl: or soil mites...
But yeah seaweed extract is great for root development and soil organisms, your plant will be healthy and happy with these tips mate.
Hope all goes well!! Smokemup

you could simply transplant into ocean forest and just water ... for a week or two

Okay, I will look at the roots today and transplant them. Another thing that might be causing the yellow leaves is the temperature. It's around 80 degrees in the morning but it can get up into the 90's, and I'm having trouble getting the temp. down.

Back
Top Bottom