Lisaalexstark

Hello Smokers and Smokettes!!
I have been having some serious issues with my grow closet :( please im hoping someone can define whats going on here before its too late! ive already had some horrible things go on here.
so im using an 135W HLG QB288 V2 paired with a KING PLUS 1000W, not truly making those numbers, more like 185 probably. but i have surrounding 100w cfls and led strips along my mylar. The soil is ocean forest FF, nutes are Advanced Nutrients, although theyve been getting mostly water, maybe every 3rd or 4th feedings theyve gotten half strength nutes. my RH and pH are good, im using fabric pots and im only watering every 3 or 4 days.

What am i doing wrong and what is up with these def? ive never seen a plant just crinkle up and the leaves shrunk and twisted up pretty quickly on one of them, another seems to have some pretty serious def overnight!
20181109_171545[1].jpg20181109_171541[1].jpg20181109_004117[1].jpg20181109_004040[1].jpg20181109_004102[1].jpg20181109_004115[1].jpg

They look burnt up

How old are they?
How far away are the lights?
How long ago did u transplant?
Water pH?
Any calmag or is it tap water

Ffof soil is pretty hot, has enough nutes to last 4-5 weeks easy, and each transplant adds more nutes and time with out needing added nutes

Heat stress
Over water
To much nutes

The quantum board is 36 in and the king is maybe 28 inches away,
various ages, i had two clones there that were a month old when i got them, so 3 months about
the others - the shorter ones are all about a month or less.
water ph is 7, tap water and i have a filter on it.
no calmag but i have dolomite lime and epsom salts if needed. but yes ff is very hot which is why i have flushed that soil and given only water.

Maybe just stubborn clones, nit a clone guy myself

The QB should be a bit closer, 24" is good, probably the led as well

as far as clones go, picture 4 and 5 are two separate super silver haze clones, they immediately came to me really stretched and over grown. however, i made my own issues with it after transplanting it into ff soil, and playing with nutes and water. the other plants however. pictures 1 and 2 are the same plant, 1,2 and 3 are both two separate plants from the same street weed seeds. picture 6 is either a black sugar from seedsman or a gorilla glue 4 from expert seeds (i might've lost the tags ;P !) my soil is actually at 6.5 which i was reading that 6.7 is the perfect nutrient absorption pH? i obviously got something wrong going on. i highly doubt the issues toxicity of nutrients since ive only fed plants according to what they need. plant 3 need a pk boost but i was too late, ive thus amended that because the new growth was good and the old growth never healed properly, but now the new leaves are just dying and twisting up right away. plant 1,2 has maybe 2 def pk again? im not sure, hence why im posting. i actually have a grow journal on growdiaries - foxy loxy, and that shows the progress weekly of all the plants even the ones i didnt throw up here. although ive had a pretty hard time getting a regime down.

A couple of quick questions, if you will?

Did you do a slurry test or tested your run-off pH? You mentioned your soil is 6.5, just wondering how you got the number.

What is your nutrient pH when you water?

Are you using tap water?

Are you foliar feeding?

Are you using Fox farm nutes or advanced nutrients. Your grow diary says you are using the Fox farms trio with the grow big for hydro. If you are using the hydro version in soil, you may be running into problems from that. I believe hydro formulas may use different chelates than soil formulas. I will try to find info on this to verify.

If your soil is 6.5 and your hydro fertilizer is not available until the pH is under 6.3, you will see severe deficiencies from lockout. I would start here to troubleshoot.

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

So yes, i originally had the fox farm trio nutes and not the advanced, prior to doing a flush i had been using those. Now I am using advanced and ff soil. I have used a foliar feed every so often especially as the problems have presented themselves. I have 2 pH testers. one digital and the other is analog. the runoff tests at 7, the nutrient solution pH was 5.6 i think. and yes we have city water I live in CT, i have a brita filter on the sink, i fill two gallon milk jugs, ones for the nute solution ill think ill need, the other just water, they actually just both start at pure water because its real cold here right now on the coast so i have the water warming up in the room, its around 70 degrees when out the faucet its in the low 40s.

hey and thank you guys those two clones ive had for quite a bit now, unfortunately this is my first grow so i am a little extra excited to totally annihilate these beauties

Looks like a pH problem....

When you use your tap, what is pH at for plain tap water?

When you did run-off, did you take it from when it first started draining or after the plant had drained completely?

Bloom nutes can lower the pH in your feed. Do you have any pH up and pH down on hand?

I'll assume that you properly cleaned and calibrated your pH pen recently.

Listen to Virgin..

Most issue's I ran into in the last 4 years where PH related. I would flush the plants well.. Fresh PH'd 6.5 water alone for a few days and check only the new growth to see if it looks better. Light feed from there. They are young and barely need much right now. Old growth will not recover. Everyone believes things a little different. I use coco but I am only concerned with PH of feed going in. I run drain to waste. If you are feeding in the sweet spot the plant can absorb the range of nutes. Too high or low will block the plant uptake of certain things as Virgins chart shows..

Keep at it. You are in veg. Plenty of time to get these ladies ready for flip.

Peace

FE

Virgin Ground,
i would love it to be a pH problem because at least then ill know for sure what it is at least. but yes i mean i dont know how to calibrate them now because i dont have solution, neither came with any in the first place. but the analog one i bought first, less then 2 months old and the digital one is only 3 weeks old. the pH of plain water here is 7 on the nose, and i did both tested the run off as it drained out the pot and when it was entirely out. it wasnt much difference, maybe a .05 at most. i have ph down, ive thus far used natural sources to buffer the ph up.
thank you for joining me man, i really hope you can help me get down to this?
should i re-pot? the only thing thats been added to that soil is some extra perlite 20% and coco 15 %, coffee grinds 5%, and maybe 20 teaspoons if needed of dolomite lime.

Those don't really calibrate. They have some mixed reviews on them. Something like this would be more appropriate. The drop kits are the cheapest option. The aquarium kit would be if you can't get the others where you are. It has a limited pH spectrum of 6-8pH. So a bit tricky to use. The general hydro kit would be more of what you are looking for in a liquid based kit. The pH pens are for precision and convenience and need calibration solutions, cleaners and storage solutions.
apiphtestkit.jpg
ghphtestindicator.jpg
different-companies-ph-pens.jpg

Have you put both probes into the same area of one of the pots and compared the readings? Are they similar?

Gotta have the right tools for the right job indeed

ph
Water
Light at correct distance
Correct nutes
Etc etc etc

It's a learning curve, and clones can because challenge on their own, probably not the best way to start if they aren't fully established when u get them

Do you foliar feed? If so, are there any droplets on the leaves when put under the leds? Looks like pH and nute burn from foliar feeding.

Ok, so today I suggest getting a new way to test pH. I also suggest that you repot. Ffof, perlite and a general light potting soil. Ffof-40% potting soil-40% and perlite 20% You will not need to feed for a bit after repotting. Do not add coffee grounds. You can add a small amount of lime to the potting soil. Adding lime will drag your pH to neutral 7 pH. Use with caution. I don't think you'll need it.

If you can get a real pH number of your source water. If you can't get a pH test kit today/tomorrow, see if there is an aquarium store that does free water testing. Big chain stores usually provide this service. Write down the results. Take a sample of filtered and unfiltered water. Aside from pH they can tell you how much nitrogen and ammonia you have in your water. If your pH is indeed 7 , that would be pretty good. Just tell them you are thinking about setting up a tank. They don't need to know more than that. If they try to ask a bunch of questions to sell stuff, just say you have no idea yet, gotta do more reading. Usually ,they just test it without asking.

Sorry for the overload, troubleshooting can be a real pain.

Back
Top Bottom