Just remember

Cannabis is not a Tomato plant.
Untill you learn the needs of a cannabis plant, treat it as such. Adding to much stuffs to soil isn't beneficial untill you know how it effects the plant, good or bad

@Virgin ground is spot on!!!

hey lisa

have a few thoughts.

like everyone else suggests start with the ph and get that under control.

i also would use an ec / tds meter to find out where you are before and after mixing your nute solution. with fox farm you may be a bit nute hot as everyone else has hinted. some municipal water is too high ( excess ppm ) to start. for an example, where i am we can't do hydro at all unless using reverse osmosis water. soil is a bit easier with high ppm so this is likely not too much of a factor, just something to be made aware of. don't sweat this one tooo much.

also no one runs the recommended bottle strength on their nutes. 25 - 50% is usually the most anyone uses at any given stage. with the fox farm you shouldn't need much at all for nutes at this point. like hardly any.

i'd use a cal-mag supplement even at this point. led based light pulls tons of cal-mag out and presents pretty quick as a deficiency. the good news is it's easy to correct and you don't need piles of it. near positive you have some of that going on as well.

on the subject of led - cobs and QB can seriously light damage plants. i strongly suspect that is happening here to a degree. clones and seedlings are especially prone to have this happen. it presents similar to heat burn - but without any actual heat! ! if your lights are on a dimmer, run them lower. i start my seedlings at about 50% or less on the dimmer and slowly ramp it up as they get established. i also run over 40 inches from the top of the plants to start. i used to burn seedlings to a crisp on cob light til i learned how to use it.

i don't know what size area you are running, but it seems like a lot of lights going on by your list.

the best advice i can give is not to panic. virgin ground and chris are already pointing you in the right direction. they aren't dead yet and you will figger it out.

Ph is too high. 6.3-6.5 is what ya need for soil. Dont know if thats the problem cos they do look burnt but its something to troubleshoot
Yup I was going to say ph is not inrange by looks of it . Do what he says get your self some ph down and always add it last after everything if you decide to put nutes first .

Also look into lux or ppfd meter it will tell you how much light your plants are getting they look like they were getting too much light what size of closet sorry?

Soil pH is low. Coffee grounds acidify the soil. Lime raises pH. Not really compatable. They have both in the soil right now. I am guessing it is a top dressing from the looks of the soil. Looks really rich. The perlite looks stained in a few pics.

Soil pH is low. Coffee grounds acidify the soil. Lime raises pH. Not really compatable. They have both in the soil right now. I am guessing it is a top dressing from the looks of the soil. Looks really rich. The perlite looks stained in a few pics.

good call virgin.

I should say that the soil pH is low based upon the info given.

not all the plants have lime AND coffee grinds. i believe two of the plants one which i didnt include in this post because its doing well ..ish.. well better than these ones at least. but your right i do have maybe one or two plants that do have both of this going on.

so do you think i should just repot all? i mean really some of these are conflicting to the posts. i find it really weird both my pH meters would be off when they are both new and have the same results with maybe a point or two off. i will say this to confirm the theory though- sometimes when i read i will randomly get a weird spike either really high or really low. but id never find it twice. so my 1000w king plus light really doesnt give off that much, and the qb is a 135 watt, but the par is low on the king, the spectrum for the king doesnt really adhear to this kind of plant and the qb is only so much better. i dont think the light is really stressing them, because i have other plants uneffected by the light. but i am going to check out if i can dim the QB.

i am in the works for an ec/ppm meter because i think that could help me out here, i think thats more my issue then anything because its unknown info atm. i have used the dolomite lime as my cal-mag, thats where its kinda difficult. i will also be getting a liquid ph up and cal-mag soon.

I'm a bit cornfused

You say it's your 1st grow, but talk like what all of us say can't be the issue

My $1.02

Lights are to far away, stunted growth

pH is very very important, those meters work fine for veggies, not even close to acceptable for Cannabis. I use the two prong only, in soil, to help with moisture that's all

The amendments u added, as Virgin stated, aren't good , or beneficial, but more offsetting to each other.

What I would do..........

Lower the lights to 20"-24"

Re pot and up pot all of them with FFOF soil and perlight mix, then you don't need to worry about nutes for 3-4 weeks.

Get some calmag, they need it I think, use 5ml/gal every watering

Get a real pH digital pen!!!!

I just drove home for 5hrs, so best I have for u now

Alright, wasnt trying to offend you, and i wasnt trying to imply you were wrong at all or that my knowledge surpasses yours in any means because it doesnt. i was just saying i would be surprised if this was actually the case, just because i have 2 different pH meters recording the same results id be a fool (which isnt uncommon) because im doubly incorrect. This is my first grow, but your not all on the same consensus, which is why im asking twice. some of you are saying its light burn and your saying its not close enough.
the qb is 28 inches away from the shortest plant and the king is 12 away from the closest row of plants, i can move the qb down 4 inches or so tomorrow, i think that might be a good idea, although its going to shorten my canopy range of width, I was messing with the light and 4 inches seemed to add a bit of dark area to my super silvers.

what in your opinion is a real pH pen? any suggestions so i get a good one?

agreed on the calmag!

I will repot and post with some soil results and pics of the repot
thankyou guys soso much i really hope this works!!!

What I've read we are all saying the same things

Not sure anyone said it was light stress, pretty sure they where questions not statements

We are all here to help, so we are hoping your girls recover

Yes, sorry. Troubleshooting can be a real pain. There can sometimes be a lot of cross talk that can seemingly go nowhere. It's hard to get a feel for your soil over a computer.

To me it comes up as a pH problem. With some burn from foliar feeding. Did you put wet plants under leds? I may have missed you answering this, apologies if that is the case.

I would repot and get a solid pH number for your water. We don't want your ladies to die. None look past the point of no return yet. We will do our best to help you.

A pH pen is not crucial to a grow. You can grow a perfectly good crop with a liquid test kit. The general hydro, again, is better.

the qb is 28 inches away from the shortest plant and the king is 12 away from the closest row of plants, i can move the qb down 4 inches or so tomorrow, i think that might be a good idea, although its going to shorten my canopy range of width, I was messing with the light and 4 inches seemed to add a bit of dark area to my super silvers.

Light is very very important, and coverage and penetration is just as important

A little light, and minimal light, is not good at all
Your plants are small, push them together, drop the light to optimimum height, so the girls can benefit from it, otherwise it's not really beneficial to any of them

Ph needs to be addressed first. If you do nothing else that will help. If you're foliar feed you must make sure all leaves are dry before putting them back under lights. They look burnt. Take the advise given as all these people have exception grows going. These plants for their ages should be much bigger.

Okie dokie.
Within the last couple of days ive mad some changes to my approach to this. I repotted some, unfortunately im kinda left with half of the plants i started with but now Im so nervous to use nutes that ill probably need convincing to use any for quite a while. i guess its hard to just research and assume that you results will mirror the experts lol. but i just normally am pretty successful when i do things so it was pretty defeating that i, who dreads were probably notted together with sugarleaf and kief, cant just sprout away.
so i begged my wife to "do something" like any other whiny girl would do.

20181111_215835[1].jpg

not that she was totally excited, but she made some pretty good points. i need different spectrum's at different heights and eventually down the line flowering is going to be a thorn in my side.. in the works is a veg room of some sort. but in the meantime with all the extra parts we had from the initial tote/buckets we were going to make for each seedling,veg,flower phase. so i constructed a tank for seedlings while i waited for her to finish up. theyre all doing pretty well so far, ive got some new seedlings going since the last plants i had were pretty much a disaster.

20181111_215754[1].jpg

and she finished the structure for the lights to be placed on and the cords out of the way, just enabling more space for the plants and i to move them around and lowered the lights down like you guys recommended.

I then repotted and tried to address the ph issues, which i did buy another version of the rapidtest, but all that work is alot for the amount of plants and time i have to waste doing just that alone. so i have ordered viviosun ph and ppm meters and ill have more accurate readings of my ph. not really sure atm what to do with the ppm/ec info lol. it was a package deal though and i assume ill be learning about it during this process. *UPDATE actually i got my ph and ppm, and its seriously already broken smh. vivosun- home of the cheap utensils! ill have to get another one, honestly i think everyones a little sick of how much money im investing to something that isnt going the best it could be, its frustrating thats for sure.

20181114_150858[1].jpg 20181114_150902[1].jpg

the other unknown bagseed strain #2 that was suspected of pH problems and nute burn unfortunately hasn't gotten any better :/ and actually you guys were right. while the ph of all the other plants and the runoffs were fine, this one was the one thats damaged and dying. the other ones just have some minor easy issues to work out.
Unknown Strain #2:
Plant pH - 5.6, runoff pH - 4.9, ppm of runoff was 2400
ive been giving it just some plain water at this point

my wifes plant was originally doing the best, was the one that got all the def. all at once, shriveled up and died before i was able to amend it :(

20181114_150855[1].jpg 20181114_150844[1].jpg I have this plant going which was either a black sugar of gg#4 going, but as you can see im yellowing a bit, hasnt had anything but water currently.

20181114_150518[1].jpg
a tad confused about those three plants right there, all seedlings where planted same time, have been in the same conditions consistently, water only, and that middle one i had to transplant because it was so root bound, the others are still that same size, why? any ideas?

20181112_145155[1].jpg 20181112_145146[1].jpg
the unknown #1 is excess of nitrogen, potassium, or phosphorus? super green, new growth is crinkled up and weirdly contorted, little rust bubbles on the edges of the leaf, giving it straight water. the runoff ppm was 2220 the ph of the runoff was 6.3 plant ph was 6.57.

finally i have the super silver haze #2 clone, the other one is not thrown out yet, but its about out the door. we got our first snow today so im going to be hibernating much more and scared of the outside world until warmth is out there again, so im just being lazy not chucking it but the #2 is actually making a strange turn around. this plant was over all the worst plant, more def then ive seen in any photos of plants. i didnt think i was going to amend it, but thanks to your guys advice and flushing it out and dialing everything back its made a serious turn around. and its started to show some sex hairs i think but it was really hard to photograph and im at the max of pics theyre allowing me to post in a reply so ill have to show that one tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20181111_202410[1].jpg
    20181111_202410[1].jpg
    424 KB · Views: 39
The burned leaves will never repair themselves. Keep an eye on New emerging growth to gauge their health.

As far as nutes go, only start with 1/4 of manufacturers recommended dose. Go up from there. 2200 ppm is way too much for a small plant.

Recommended feeding ppm for cannabis.

Seedling/sprouts 100-250 ppm

Early veg. 300-400 ppm

Full veg. 450-700 ppm

Early flower. 750-950 ppm

Full flower. 1,000-1,600 ppm

This is from Canna nutrients.

oh wow,
so am i looking to flush again? i mean thats really bad then. i cannot believe my ph meter broke the same day i got it, it was def what helped kill the plants other then over nutes.

pH
Nutes
Light

Very very important

What soil are u using?

Don't over think it, keep it simple, basic, till u understand what all is involved and needed in growing

These arnt veggies

you are eventually gonna need a bigger space, and that mylar isn't doing you any favors.

get the ph and soil issues sorted first. it'll work out. i did way worse when i started years ago, and there was no internet stuff to fall back on.

Back
Top Bottom