Need some help with this one please

Hi everyone. So my return grow was with red pure CBD autoflowers and I had an issue with leaves yellowing that I couldn't rectify. Got them to harvest (One has a week left) but it wasn't the most productive grow. I started a gorilla glue photoperiod 2 weeks ago and the same thing is starting to happen again.

She's in a mix of biobizz lightmix, 5-10% worm castings and extra perlite. For the first week and a bit she was watered with a light dose of seaweed extract and yesterday had 1L water with 2ml biobizz grow and 0.5ml calmag. Ph has always been between 6 and 7. I did a slurry test on the soil before planting her and that was 6.35. It's starting to wind me up now so any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Never had this issue previously.
20201027_081002.jpg
20201027_081020.jpg
IMG_20201027_074427_DRO.jpg
IMG_20201027_074434_DRO.jpg

Maybe the start of some high (n) in the soil , did you add your cal/mag first to your feeding bucket
If them bottom leaves get darker it could be the (n) you added in the grow , i think the worm cast lasts a few weeks longer than the soil, , the soil lasts a few weeks only
adding one litre would not give much run off out the bottom , so the nutes will just sit and start to get hotter
( its my pennies worth )
I would also check under leaves for mites , see some dots there

Maybe the start of some high (n) in the soil , did you add your cal/mag first to your feeding bucket
If them bottom leaves get darker it could be the (n) you added in the grow , i think the worm cast lasts a few weeks longer than the soil, , the soil lasts a few weeks only
adding one litre would not give much run off out the bottom , so the nutes will just sit and start to get hotter
( its my pennies worth )
I would also check under leaves for mites , see some dots there
Added the calmag after the grow. I did wonder if the worm cast was increasing the N but the auto that's just finishing had the same problem and was in lightmix and perlite only. I'll have a good check under the leaves later. You think maybe the next watering just use ph'd water to a bit of run off and see how that goes?

i would , let it dry out a bit too between watering , let it go light then water to run off , 10 percent would do
autos are funny with (n) , i don't even add bloodmeal or anything high in (N) if i do autos , they only use for few weeks 4/6 ( roughly at low dose ) , when you go overboard it sits then it gets hot and turns nasty and binds with everything and rots roots, ammonia

these are in a soilless mix i made , im in uk ,, these are water only so far , first soilless mix i made from peatmoss , no high (N)
i make my own nutes in a French press so tomorrow is their first nutes just to help buds lol ,
I BROKE A LARGE STEM OFF ONE , WAS GUTTED lol

Always add calmag FIRST to your nute bucket , then let sit for 5/10 mins , stir then add the rest , let sit and ph again BEFORE going in

P1100450.JPGP1100437.JPGP1100380.JPGP1100444.JPG

i would , let it dry out a bit too between watering , let it go light then water to run off , 10 percent would do
autos are funny with (n) , i don't even add bloodmeal or anything high in (N) if i do autos , they only use for few weeks 4/6 ( roughly at low dose ) , when you go overboard it sits then it gets hot and turns nasty and binds with everything and rots roots, ammonia

these are in a soilless mix i made , im in uk ,, these are water only so far , first soilless mix i made from peatmoss , no high (N)
i make my own nutes in a French press so tomorrow is their first nutes just to help buds lol ,
I BROKE A LARGE STEM OFF ONE , WAS GUTTED lol

Always add calmag FIRST to your nute bucket , then let sit for 5/10 mins , stir then add the rest , let sit and ph again BEFORE going in

P1100450.JPGP1100437.JPGP1100380.JPGP1100444.JPG
Yeah I always try to do the proper wet/dry cycle and good watering techniques. Yesterday was her first good soak. This one is a photoperiod so it's happened with both autos and photos. Good to know about the calmag cheers. I'd never needed it before and only started using it the last grow because of these yellowing issues. Hopefully I can get on top of it soon. Been tempted to switch to coco and change nutrients but that's more expense I don't need right now if I can avoid it.
Also in the UK.

No not on the tap water but it is a hard water area. I did consider that so switched to bottled mineral water although I'd not had issues with the tap water before. No difference made. Bottled water label below.
IMG_20200825_105403_DRO.jpg

sometimes your tap water will have enough secondary nutes and enough micro nutes also , the soil too holds them , so watch your not over doing it with cal/mag and it ends up looking like a deficiency so you feed more but its locked something else out ,
try the ppm of your tap and use it , save the pennies :) just let it sit out for 36 hours put a fish tank air pump and stone in the bucket , this will help get extra oxygen to the roots too , a bonus

sometimes your tap water will have enough secondary nutes and enough micro nutes also , the soil too holds them , so watch your not over doing it with cal/mag and it ends up looking like a deficiency so you feed more but its locked something else out ,
try the ppm of your tap and use it , save the pennies :) just let it sit out for 36 hours put a fish tank air pump and stone in the bucket , this will help get extra oxygen to the roots too , a bonus
Yeah I'm going back to tap water as it made no difference anyway. Co-op 29p for 2 litres. So didn't cost me much to use on a couple of small plants for a while. Usually bottle it and leave it open for a couple of days. Bang the bottom every now and then. The Mrs is already at her limit with me turning the bedroom into a grow area so adding buckets and air pumps is a no go :laugh:

I dont think she needs flushed , that would stall her more , just let her dry out , water as normal with 10% run off , see how she responds , she just needs tlc :)
Okay I'll do that and hopefully she'll start to balance out. Need to top and start training her soon but avoiding any extra stress for now.

Hard water?
To me that means plenty of calcium and magnesium in my water but perhaps you have more than that in your water.
I have not used cal mag ever since I started using my well water instead of paying for water.

@Elvin Yeah it means the same. I'd never used calmag previously and never had a deficiency. Not going to use it anymore. Got some neutralise to get rid of the chlorine in the tap water.
Can't you just let it evaporate?
Or is the neutralise for the pH?
Even when I was on rural water I did not have to deal with chlorine/fluoride so I never dealt with it.
Heck I never pH anything because I use Iowa soil, not bagged stuff that mostly peat moss/bark with a little worm poop. Soil buffers so pHing is pointless.

Can't you just let it evaporate?
Or is the neutralise for the pH?
Even when I was on rural water I did not have to deal with chlorine/fluoride so I never dealt with it.
Heck I never pH anything because I use Iowa soil, not bagged stuff that mostly peat moss/bark with a little worm poop. Soil buffers so pHing is pointless.
I can yes but the Mrs gets fed up with open bottles of water filling the sides, plus this is more effective and works instantly. The water here is a little alkaline and the soil mix doesn't buffer much so I started adjusting the ph halfway through my first grow. Would be nice not to have to think about any of this stuff.

looks like the new growth is spotless and healthy , keep an eye on there and those other leaves should fill in a again greener
This morning the tips of the new growth is yellowing. Keeping a close eye on her. Tempted to start again but I don't like quitting. Got to give her a chance.

Back
Top Bottom