Netstatmen's Soil Auto Red Poison LED Grow Light Journal - 2013

hey KingJohnC, thanks for stopping by mate :D

i will follow your advice mate, so when feeding just water, i will adjust water PH to 5.5 (in ph7 soil) for now, without nutes. i guess soil ph is why my girls are a little small for their age, i will keep you posted on the results

cheers mate! :grinjoint:

Afternoon_1_5.jpg

Just a comparison, this is what mine looked like at 2 weeks in. Don't want you to jump to the conclusion that yours won't make it or anything like that, just showing the difference. And then again, it's a totally different strain. If your not in a hurry, just give it time, I don't really think that the darker color is really an indicator to something bad. I really don't know, just my guess, it could be that Red poison just grows like that.
It says that it's 8 weeks from germination to finish for Red poison though, it should have developed more so far if that is true. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I'd rather let someone with more experience help you out, I'm just a first time grower so I'm not full of advice. :laughtwo:

Also, I water mine with ~6.5-7.0 (mostly around 7.0) pH water and the soil is originally 6.5 so I don't worry too much about that since it doesn't show any signs of shortage on any of the things it gets out of it.
Also, how close to the light do you keep your plants?

Cheers. :Rasta:

Also, I water mine with ~6.5-7.0 (mostly around 7.0) pH water and the soil is originally 6.5 so I don't worry too much about that since it doesn't show any signs of shortage on any of the things it gets out of it.
Also, how close to the light do you keep your plants?

Cheers. :Rasta:

hey there mate! :)
that is an amazing pic!, surely i have stunted growth of my two seedlings by not putting enough attention to ph of soil and water, i have them under 18/6 light/dark schedule.

i guess they will start to grow faster now since i think i controlled the PH issue, i read somewhere that the brownish edges and stunt growth are two of the major symptoms for a too much alkaline soil (as it results in some nutrient lockout)

So, my friend Jimmy6000 advice is to water with ph 5.5 water as this chart says:
water_ph.jpg

i will upload some pics and let you know the latest results in a few hours
cheers mate! :thumb:

so here are some pics i just took. Red Poison #1 has upper leaves curled up, im not sure if it is because of the PH7 soil, but i started to give them 5.5 ph plain water two days ago. Red Poison #2 is doing good though.

any advice is very welcome :)

Red Poison #1
2013-11-13_17_02_23.jpg

Red Poison #2
2013-11-13_17_02_38.jpg

A friend who's growing an auto has a similar "problem" as you do. Your #1 plant leaves are curled in the exact same way but the only difference is that his doesn't have the dark color and is in its day 8 from germination.

He has a 400W HPS like 40cm above the plant, doesn't have a cooltube but has a fairly good ventilated growtent. Temps get to 31°c max and stay at around 29°c most of the time the lights are on. He's feeding her tap water, 6,5-7.0pH. So far we didn't figure it out. :icon_roll

But yours do seem to be better than before though. :Rasta:

hello everyone, i watered again 20 mins ago (watered four or 5 days ago), im smokin :roorrip: and runnin out of weed, so i really need these two girls to keep up.
anyway, i watered with 8 Lt. of 5.5ph'd tap water (left it open for 3 days at room temp so the chlorine evaporates) since my pots are 20 gal each(what i deeply regret, lol ).

also tested the run-off today when i watered, red poison #1 has runoff ph 6.9 and red poison #2 has runoff ph 7.2, why is this and what does that mean?

here's a pic, i hope i explained myself, i am high as hell

any comments are more than welcome :D

red poison #1
2013-11-14_18_40_51.jpg

red poison #2
2013-11-14_18_41_18.jpg

It seems your soil prefers pH 7, when you start to add nutrients your soil will begin to acidify.

thanks for your reply KingJohnC :)

am i doing the right thing watering with 5.5 ph'd water?

will keep you guys posted, i feel like i have stunted my plants growth like two weeks, since they are auto's i am a little worried they won't reach a good size when they start to flower.

Nice set up netstatman:reading420magazine: in a tent with led and filtered intake:clap:
Im glad you learned on the pot size which I think is still slowing you up.I've never grown autos but think when your seeds first sprout they send that tap root searching and yours could be still slowed up by that I hope for you. I also hope that slows them from flowering abit until some crazy growth starts above the soil. I use tap water that sits out too but I also use a fish tank bubbler to put more air into the water. The roots need this and if the soil dosent dry out enough it could choke them from air.Again I dont use that big or even fabric pots or live in your enviroment and so on but think it would take forever to dry those up with these young plants so Im saying be careful watering as too much is worse for our plants too.:tokin:

hey there closetorganic thanks for stopping by!

yes indeed i screwd it big time with those enormous pots lol
the thing about these fabric pots is that they are supposed to let air and oxygen to the roots

i am checking closely to waterings, because i let them dry almost completely once, and they didn't like it (their leaves started to see low)

i am concerned about my red poison #1 upper leaves curling, any ideas on what this may be? temp seems good (18 C lights off/ 26 C lights on)

you want to water with pH 5.3 for the plant with pH 7.2 runoff and pH 5.6 for the plant with pH 6.9 runoff. the light colour and wrinkled leaf edges are most likely from pH of the soil and pH swing.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

you want to water with pH 5.3 for the plant with pH 7.2 runoff and pH 5.6 for the plant with pH 6.9 runoff. the light colour and wrinkled leaf edges are most likely from pH of the soil and pH swing.

thanks a lot for that info mate! will do and let you know how it goes!
cheers!!

hey there closetorganic thanks for stopping by!

yes indeed i screwd it big time with those enormous pots lol
the thing about these fabric pots is that they are supposed to let air and oxygen to the roots

i am checking closely to waterings, because i let them dry almost completely once, and they didn't like it (their leaves started to see low)

i am concerned about my red poison #1 upper leaves curling, any ideas on what this may be? temp seems good (18 C lights off/ 26 C lights on)
those are good temps I seen after checking a chart to F for me :)
I dont have any ideas bro.I really tried though,Its hard for me to picture that much water(another conversion chart I looked up lol) on 2 small plants.Drying almost completely to me is the pot lift feel after I realized the top mix was dry with the finger poke and there was still alot of lower half moisture weight in my plastic pots. I am glad KingJohnC is suggesting and you are posting tests of whats happening. :goodluck::Namaste:

hi everyone, this is Day 26

i watered today (my pH meter broke and had to order one, i was pretty stressed because didn't want to feed them without stabilizing correct pH).

red poison #1 has shown pre flowering signs, unfortunately they are still too small for their age, i tested pH of run off:

Red Poison #1 run off was pH 6.75
Red Poison #2 run off was pH 7.05

Red Poison #1:
2013-11-21_16_09_37.jpg

2013-11-21_16_09_23.jpg

Red Poison #2: (actually is looking a lot better than her sister and pH level is higher)
2013-11-21_16_11_32.jpg
2013-11-21_16_12_08.jpg

please let me know what you think :)
cheers!

Have you added any nutrients to the plant in the first pic? Looks like it needs to be fed badly, I had an auto like that, never got bigger than 5 inches tall, only produced a few grams. I think that plant could do with a light dose of bloom nutes, since it's in flower, and the other plant will need to be fed soon also.

Have you added any nutrients to the plant in the first pic? Looks like it needs to be fed badly, I had an auto like that, never got bigger than 5 inches tall, only produced a few grams. I think that plant could do with a light dose of bloom nutes, since it's in flower, and the other plant will need to be fed soon also.

hello friend, i have not added any nutrients as i was advices that they were very small, but they dont seem to grow much, maybe is because ph of soil i guess?

i just added bloom nutes just a few minutes ago and tested run off: pH 6.8 (a bit higher than last watering and yes, i ph'd to 5.8 before watering)

any ideas? im really confused

i watered late last night with 5.2 pH'd plain water (cause i noticed some nutrient burn from last watering where i added some nutes and they didn't react well, so i decided to not give them more nutes for now) and runoff was still 6.8 in both of them, Red poison #2 is growing faster now though. can anyone give me a soil formula / soil mix that i can do myself to achieve a 6.5 pH'd stable soil (for a 5 gal pot)? i couldn't find anything like that, so i don't know if a formula or a recipe actually exists, i just don't want to deal with incorrect soil ph again, is stressful.

or what do u guys think, should i use african violet's soil next time? don't know if it is a good idea? because it is pH 6

any comments are welcome
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom