Netstatmen's Soil Auto Red Poison LED Grow Light Journal - 2013

John, im really grateful for ur advice mate,
i have read about some growers that claim that if you water 3 times a day with less nutes (in almost pure coco i guess) than watering less often (1 time per day or every 3 days) gives you best results?

can you tell me what u think of this?

seriously you should be member of the month, i will surely vote 4 u mate :)
cheers!

Thank you for the compliment!

I believe either way could work, with an automated irrigation system it would simply watering with nutrients but also be more prone to possible equipment breakdowns. I water my plants with a nutrient mixture every 3-4 days or when the pots are light and have dried out sufficiently. I water until I see the first runoff emerge from the holes in the bottoms and sides of the pots. I use a soiless mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and my plants grow very well. the coco coir and perlite mixture should be similar in consistency and requirements for watering. I flower in 5 gallon pots.

hello everyone, i have very limited time to write more often, i will be starting some new projects soon, will change to coco medium.

so what do you think about this? any thoughts? i have been strugglin to get this soil into the correct pH and it seems to deliver a lot of nutes to the plants, why are the leaves like this?
IMG_99261.jpg

Not suggesting this has anything to do with your leafs but I just am wondering. Could going 12/12 from day one cause any deficiencies or lock-outs?

your plant is being underfed and using up stored nutrients from the leaves. the problem is your plant is so small it is using up nutrients from all the available leaves.

i was actually wondering where were u mate! lol

so here are some pics, i didn't give them nutes because of the nute burns they had, should i feed them 1/4 of nutes or should i add more?
2013-12-18_20_32_35.jpg
2013-12-18_20_32_40.jpg

thanks again mate, hope to repay u some day :blunt:

I would feed your plant 1/4 strength nutrients and see if there is any nutrient burn, if you notice the leaf tips yellowing and turning brown that is nutrient burn and you should flush your plant with twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size. try to keep water off of the leaves, water droplets can magnify the light and burn the leaves.

Hey man! I know exactly what your problem is and I had the same exact problem when I first started growing automatics. Your problem is too much light which stunts your plant. I ran into this problem so much until I figured it out. Either turn your lights down or raise them. Automatics are extremely fragile and I've noticed some types of autos love the lights and others can't tolerate as much. I think it has something to do with if it's either a Mexican ruderails genetics or if it is a Russian rude rails genetics(don't quote me on that). Also try to keep your heat around 70 max 72 because they are also fragile to nutes. Next grow back the lights off or turn them down and I guarantee you won't have that problem. I know 100% for a fact that is your problem. I've grown close to 50 different strains of automatics including red poison. I hope this helps and let me know. The first sign to me of to much light in an auto is the deformed leaves when they are still young and the stunted growth. I found out us guys who like to grow autos are also the most impatient as well and we tend to over do things in hopes of growing them faster. It took me forever to get my patience under control and stop trying to over do things but my impatience has taught me a lot and I have learned my lessons. With autos you have no room for error because no matter what it has a life cycle most of the time and will call it quits before you are ready. Fix the lights and maybe the heat and I promise your problem will be solved. Good luck!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

It looks likes its been a couple of years but I'll add my two cents in, for posterity. I concur wholeheartedly with AutoMan. People underestimate the power of LED lights. Those plants were way too young for that light at that distance. A light with a Grow/bloom switch works well for this purpose. I use the Mars Reflector with the Grow/Bloom switch. I start my plants on the grow setting and slowly introduce the bloom setting, an hour at a time. If I give them too much Bloom setting too soon, they look just like those plants. The curl up, they lose color, and become stunted. These plants should have been started under a less intense light and slowly introduced to the big light after a couple sets of leaves.

I'll also add, I'm growing Red Poison, which is why I'm on this thread and its a very quick budding stain so there's no time for mistakes with this strain. Tough break for a first grow. Hopefully, you've had many great grows since. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom