Netstatmen's Soil Auto Red Poison LED Grow Light Journal - 2013

I use peat moss, perlite and vermiculite as my soiless mixture as it is pH stable. I use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be used in hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

thank you all for your suggestions, here i have a new question for you, hope you can help me, i watered 1 hour ago with 5.0 pH'd water and runoff was still pH 6.8, i am not adding nutes because they don't like nutes a lot, as you can see they are just eating the soil's nutes and they have a little nute burn already.

Red Poison #2 is doing very well:
2013-12-02_17_03_17.jpg
2013-12-02_17_03_26.jpg

Hope i could say the same thing of Red Poison #1 :(
2013-12-02_17_03_51.jpg
2013-12-02_17_19_07.jpg

any suggestions? i could use some help :Rasta:

What's the question Nets?

Now all we need is some answers... Which I don't have.

if you are watering with pH 5.0 and your soil runoff is still 6.8 I do not believe you can change it further. the soil your Red Poison #1 is releasing too many nutrients for your Red Poison #1. you should consider transplanting your Red Poison #1 into a soiless mixture of peat moss, perlite and vermiculite.

if you are watering with pH 5.0 and your soil runoff is still 6.8 I do not believe you can change it further. the soil your Red Poison #1 is releasing too many nutrients for your Red Poison #1. you should consider transplanting your Red Poison #1 into a soiless mixture of peat moss, perlite and vermiculite.

hey there John!

wow, i don't think i'm ready for that :/ i don't have my EC meter yet, and i bought a cheap one, i think i will need to buy a decent one and a lot of research lol

should i try changing them into some african violets soil or something? or i won't need the EC meter for the first couple of weeks?

im asking because i live in Mexico and what i do most of the time is order online everything i will need, then go pick up my stuff in the US and then cross back to Mexico, it is a pain in the ass but i can't get the proper stuff discretely here, and im not so worried about cops... but Drug lords in this country will just kill you if they suspect you are growing your weed because they think you are gonna sell it

i kind of love the danger and the feeling of sativa's paranoia though :blunt:

SHOOT!!! Your a much braver man than Me! I would've BEEN PUNKED the hell out! I'd be like; "sorry Folks journal closed, Grow has been immediately terminated". TRUE STORY!

does your African violet soil have a N-P-K rating or mention anything about pH? you do not necessarily need a EC meter for a soil grow but it can help make sure what your tap water EC and nutrient mixture EC is.

does your African violet soil have a N-P-K rating or mention anything about pH? you do not necessarily need a EC meter for a soil grow but it can help make sure what your tap water EC and nutrient mixture EC is.

nope, i've actually been reading for the past hour, and i find coco very interesting, i have not decided if i want to try that soilles medium, or make my own soil mix.

i prefer to continue for a while with soil if i can correct my pH problems, i will try to transplant John :) just as you suggested

i will really need your guidance friend :)
1.- what is a good, simple, organic soil mix recipe? (i have perlite, organic fertilizer containing S, Mg, Ca, and Micro-nutrients, and garden soil from my back yard) i just need you guys to help me with the portions, i have 5 gal pots if that helps

2.- do you think making my own organic soil mix will correct my excessive nutrient problem of redpoison #1 and pH?

3.- how should i transplant her?

the problem with creating a super soil mixture is it requires 2 months for the microbes to decompose the soils nutrients into forms that the plants can intake. if your African violet soil mixture does not contain any time released nutrients I would use it. when you transplant your Red Poison #1 I would carefully expose the root ball and transplant the soil as large as the root ball into your new soil mixture so the roots may grow into the new soil.

ok John friend, i will go with coco, wish me luck :)

is it ok to do it in 2gal pots from the beginning? (i don't want to transplant)
or should i use 5gal pots that i already have

also, what mix do you recommend? i have some perlite, and cocco, should i make a mix? (i have heard that a bottom layer is applied to aid run-off flow and another layer in the top to prevent water from evaporating?)

thank you for sharing your widsom brother :) have some reps ++

i almost forgot, i have heard both ways, that mixing with perlite will retain moisture so plants will need less watering
and the opposite, that mixing with perlite will make them go dry and will have to water more often?

hope somebody can guide me out of this one mates
im really excited about this new soilless transition

I would mix your coco coir and perlite in a 75/25 ratio. forget about placing perlite on the top or bottom of the soiless mixture, it is a myth that it will dry out or prevent the soiless mixture from drying out. perlite aerates the soiless mixture to add oxygenation to the roots. I flower in 5 gallon pots. I do not believe your Red Poison #1 will make sufficient roots to fill a 5 gallon container, I would use your 2 gallon pot for the transplant.

I flower in 5 gallon pots. I do not believe your Red Poison #1 will make sufficient roots to fill a 5 gallon container, I would use your 2 gallon pot for the transplant.

i will keep that in mind friend,

i will be starting seeds in rockwool cubes, do you advice to place the rockwool cube directly into the 5gal pots when seedlings start to reach bottom? or do i need to first put them in the 2gal pots for a while in order to not waste a lot of nutes in waterings, etc?

your help is really appreciated mate :)

here are some pics of red poison #2, is looking healthier, i have the impression that 5.0 pH'd water is helping her in spite of runoff ph 6.8, don't you think?

i also see some small nute burn on leave tips, is just the nutes that soil has, do you think that eventually the plant will manage those soil nutes better as she grows? please everyone share your thoughts with me :blunt:

2013-12-04_17_11_22.jpg
2013-12-04_17_11_27.jpg
2013-12-04_17_11_36.jpg
2013-12-04_17_11_57.jpg

I flower in 5 gallon pots. I do not believe your Red Poison #1 will make sufficient roots to fill a 5 gallon container, I would use your 2 gallon pot for the transplant.

i almost forgot mate, what is your watering schedule in your 75 coco/25 perlite mix?

I now use Rapid Rooters mat cut into individual squares instead of rockwool, I soak the Rapid Rooters in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Rapid Rooters are from General Hydroponics and seem to provide seeds the correct amount of moisture and air to germinate. I place the seeds in a glass with pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until tap roots emerge and then place the seeds into the individual Rapid Rooters squares. I place the seeds in the Rapid Rooters under a light. I moisten the Rapid Rooters every day with pH adjusted water with a syringe. I recommend you water the coco coir and perlite soiless mixture as needed. lift the pot when to feel the weight, when the pot is light again it is time to water. you can also place your finger 1 inch in the soiless mixture to feel for moisture. I do notice improvement in Red Poison #2, I would continue watering with pH 5.0 water.

Back
Top Bottom