Red Poison Auto Grow - 150W CMH - PGRs [GA3 - BR - 6BAP - IBA]

bogdelious

Hi all,

This is my first time journaling a grow. I have not seen many RP journals, and I wanted to contribute my own for everyone's reference on the strain, phenotypes, etc.

I've listed everything I'm using here throughout the entire grow, not just for one single feeding, foliar spray, etc., but each week I'll try and do my best to put what I've used in some detail.

Grow & Environment
Strain: Sweet Seeds Red Poison Automatic
Medium: Coco, indoor, flood to waste (hand watered)
Room: Tent, W80xH80xD45cm, "bud box"
Lighting: 150W Ceramic Metal Halide 942, full spectrum lamp, digital ballast (>0.95)
Ventilation: 4" 100x250mm Carbon Filter, 100cfm inline fan, speed controller
Fans: Silent 120mm pc fans (air movement)
Temperature: 28 degrees C
Humidity: 40%

Nutrients (soluble, liquid fed)
Macro: Urea 46-0-0, Guano 0-15-0, Sulphate of Potash 0-0-41.5
Micro: Trace Elements S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo
Supplemental: Seasol Plus (Commercial), Dutch Master Gold Silica, Barley Straw Extract, Vodka
Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs): Giberellic Acid (GA3), Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA), Brassinolide (BR), 6-Benzylaminopurine (6BAP)

Also, sorry I'm starting this journal late, I'm only an amateur grower, and I wasn't sure whether to put it up, but I figured more red poison grow journals can only be a good thing :partyboy:

Re: Red Poison Auto Grow + CMH + PGRs

Week 1

Macronutrients (per L): (N) Urea 240mg, (P) Guano 370mg, (K) Potash 410mg - NPK 4-2-6
Micronutrients: None
Supplementals: Barley Straw Extract
Measurements: 6.0pH, 350ppm
Temp & Humidity: 28 deg C, 40% RH
Light Cycle: 24/0
Current Light Level: 25,000 Lux
Foliar: Gibberellic Acid (GA3) 30mg/L foliar feeding, once after three days, a second at the sixth day.

Plant is at 8 days old, and lighting level has been slowly increased from 15,000 to 25,000 Lux over the course of the week. The plant has just begun training now, and you can see the stem is slightly bowed where I was just fooling with it.

Not much to show in the photo, other than what looks like magnesium deficiency from the first week without micronutrients, but I'm not worried as feeding has only really just begun.

Obvious stretching is from the foliar applications of GA3. This is just to make LST a little easier, and space out those nodes.

2a4nwvo.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality, I'll use a proper camera for next week's one.

Re: Red Poison Auto Grow + CMH + PGRs

Week 2

Macronutrients (per L): (N) Urea 350mg, (P) Guano 530mg, (K) Potash 580mg - NPK 4-2-6
Micronutrients: Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 130mg
Supplementals: Barley Straw Extract, Indole-3-butyric Acid 0.5mg, Brassinolide 0.05mg, Silica 0.5mL
Measurements: 5.8pH, 630ppm
Temp & Humidity: 22 deg C, 40% RH
Light Cycle: 24/0
Current Light Level: 35,000 Lux
Foliar: Brassinolide (BR) 0.25mg/L, once after two days, a second at the sixth day. Gibberellic Acid (GA3) 30mg/L, once after three days, a second at the seventh day.

Plant is at 15 days old, and lighting level has been slowly increased from 25,000 to 35,000 Lux over the course of the week. I have been training the plant in conjunction with the GA3, and as you can see, I have nearly a 300mm (1ft) of stem growth, difficult to see fully in the photo, but it goes to the edge, then follows 1/4 the way along the rim of the pot. I am using paperclips for training.

I burned leaves at the beginning of the week with peroxide. A real amateur moment that one. It stunted the plant for 3 days, but it recovered thanks to the Brassinolide.

Nodes have excellent spacing for training, and you can see the very strong effects of the GA3 in these young days. The GA3 has one more application to go tonight, then that's it for the rest of the grow. BR will continue.

No visible shock from transplant into the 250mm pot, and the roots were perfectly white. Never had a problem with transplanting autos with Brassinolide to help, but I do realise it affects final yield. My biggest worry is the peroxide burn, I'd say that alone has probably cost me 1/3 my yield as it really happened at the worst time in the auto's young life.

Expectations of yield I would say down to 30g, though I still could net as high as 50g if I don't make any more mistakes. This week the stretch should begin and I'll have a better idea how much I'll end up with.

2ike179.jpg

Closeup on the new growth:

103bp0z.jpg

Week 4

Macronutrients (per L): (N) Urea 626mg, (P) Guano 960mg, (K) Potash 1041mg - NPK 4-2-6
Micronutrients: Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 150mg
Supplementals: Barley Straw Extract, Indole-3-butyric Acid 0.5mg, Brassinolide 0.05mg, Silica 0.5mL, Seasol Plus 1mL, 0.5mL 50% H2O2.
Measurements: 5.8pH, 900ppm
Temp & Humidity: 27 deg C, 40% RH
Light Cycle: 23/0
Foliar: Brassinolide (BR) 0.25mg/L, once per week.

Plant is 28 days old today. She got very stunted after a bad hit of peroxide and then succumbed to fungus gnats. Killed those, flushed hard, and anyhow she's coming back ok - despite my being away for three days and the poor thing getting also fertiliser burned with a good dose of high ph!

The good news at least is there is plenty of good space for new growth.

Stem is 430mm in length, with good thickness. Training has been a success, albeit with the plant just having had frankly a really shit time.

On a side note, I almost ripped her out and planted a new photo plant, but I let her keep going to see the phenotype. Red. So I figure I'll just roll her on out through finish, with my bag of tricks, and see if I can even get 10 grams from her.

I have just hit it this morning with 2000mg/L 6-Benzylaminopurine foliar. 6BAP is a cytokinin, and it counteracts the significance of the effects of apical dominance. It will mean those dead looking areas between the fan leaves, which bore witness to the almost destruction of the plant, will form some half decent branches, and it will mean that the new upper nodes which have appeared, and will be appearing will get the right messages to believe they are all individually the apical buds.

In fact, now that I think about it, I couldn't have planned a better example of how much you can manipulate the chemical messaging of the plant - this plant is a disaster. Ordinarily an auto with this type of damage would just finish, and that would be that, so we'll see how far we can push her.

Something I have never attempted is to intentionally delay plant senescence, through the repeated use of high dosage 6-Benzylaminopurine. Considering I have so little to lose, I will try something I haven't tried before, and give three, once weekly treatments, of 2000mg/L 6-Benzylaminopurine instead of just the single treatment I have given today. If it responds well, then I may even give a fourth.

One thing I have learned is how different autos really are to ordinary photoperiod plants. I have only ever grown one auto before, and it was outdoor. This entire "bud box" is just for the auto, down from my 2.4m old fashioned plastic diy tent (no room at the new house).

What I can say is I wholeheartedly agree with whoever said that growing autos teach an individual to be a better grower. Autos are bastards.

All 430mm of her:
28wov8j.jpg

First flowers appeared this week, appears to be a red phenotype fortunately:
2d9da1.jpg

Week 5

Macronutrients (per L): (N) Urea 1.034g, (P) Guano 2.539g, (K) Potash 1.814mg
Micronutrients (per L): Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 200mg
Supplementals (per L): Barley Straw Extract, 6-Benzylaminopurine 1.0mg, Brassinolide 0.5mg, Silica 0.5mL, Seasol Plus 3mL, 1.0mL 50% H2O2.
Measurements: 5.8pH, 1150ppm
Temp & Humidity: 20 deg C, 40% RH
Foliar: 6-Benzylaminopurine 2.0mg/L once per week, Brassinolide (BR) 0.25mg/L, once per week.

Hitting her with another 2.0mg/L 6-BAP at next lights out.

2pu0cnb.jpg

Closeup:
ax1t04.jpg

Week 6

Macronutrients (per L): (N) Urea 1.19g, (P) Guano 4.80g, (K) Potash 2.28mg
Micronutrients (per L): Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 150mg, Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts) 150mg
Supplementals (per L): Barley Straw Extract, 6-Benzylaminopurine 1.0mg, Brassinolide 0.5mg, Silica 0.5mL, Seasol Plus 3mL, 1.0mL 50% H2O2, 0.25g/L Dextrose (powdered glucose).
Measurements: 5.8pH, 1150ppm
Temp & Humidity: 20 deg C, 40% RH
Current Light Level: 45,000 Lux
Foliar: 6-Benzylaminopurine 2.0mg/L once per week

I will hit her with one last 2g/L 6-BAP at next lights out, which is in the morning. I will only hit half the plant, and only from below, under the leaves.

The applications of 6-BAP at the 2g/L application rate has distributed the cytokinins to the majority of the plant, thwarting apical dominance.

As you can see, there is a pretty advanced calcium deficiency. I thought it was a magnesium deficiency and was treating it as such, until it just got worse this week and I hit the books again. Calcium. So I have for this week increased the trace elements amount, which contain 10% Calcium Carbonate.

I have not foliar sprayed with Brassinolide this past week, and I won't be from the rest of the grow onwards. Tomorrow morning's under leaves spray of 6-Benzylaminopurine will be the last spray the plant gets.

It is really unfortunate I burned the leaves with peroxide early on, and a pain that I had pests kick her when she was weak, as my yield appears to be down from what I expected.

I really like this phenotype of the red poison, it is very fragrant, and has a pretty flower. It's like a fruit hash attack.

Front:
f093nbisd.jpg

Back:
ah14p3m4j.jpg

"Apical" bud:
l97h5k38f.jpg

Arrrgghhhh. Bugs again. Tiny little white larvae visible in the run off water.. Grrr. Still plenty of time before harvest though so all good. Treated.

Week 7

Macronutrients (per 2L): (N) Urea 1.29g, (P) Guano 5.28g, (K) Potash 2.47mg
Micronutrients (per 2L): Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 400mg
Supplementals (per 2L): Barley Straw Extract, 6-Benzylaminopurine 2.0mg, Brassinolide 1.0mg, Silica 1.0mL, Seasol Plus 6mL, 1.0mL 50% H2O2, 0.25g/L Dextrose (powdered glucose).
Measurements: 5.8pH, 1500ppm
Temp & Humidity: 19 deg C, 40% RH
Current Light Level: 50,000 Lux
Foliar: 6-Benzylaminopurine 2.0g/L once at the beginning of week, lower leaves only.

Nearing the end. Last week of feed I think, flushing will begin soon.

Pictures:

2ijkfih.jpg

2mg9szq.jpg

2ahz6fn.jpg

wjc6zk.jpg

154esyc.jpg

r7qaa1.jpg

wv3mer.jpg

Week 7

Macronutrients (per 2L): (N) Urea 1.13g, (P) Guano 5.55g, (K) Potash 2.23g
Micronutrients (per 2L): Trace Elements (S-Ca-Mg-Fe-Mn-B-Cu-Zn-Mo) 400mg
Supplementals (per 2L): Barley Straw Extract, 6-Benzylaminopurine 2.0mg, Brassinolide 1.0mg, Silica 1.0mL, Seasol Plus 6mL, 1.0mL 50% H2O2, 2g/L Dextrose (powdered glucose).
Measurements: 5.8pH, 1300ppm
Temp & Humidity: 19 deg C, 40% RH
Current Light Level: 50,000 Lux
Foliar: 6-Benzylaminopurine 0.3g/L once at the beginning of week to fatten flowers (cytokinin supplement).

Trichomes still looking clear to cloudy, not really any amber trichs at all yet. I guess it will be another week before flushing.

Pictures:
2aj2yw0.jpg

xmvoqt.jpg

352hhjl.jpg

2akegwp.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom