Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

* PHOTO UPDATE - HARVEST DAY KIKSUMASS DAY 66 OF FLOWER *

Welcome guys to my final page of Kiksumass's grow.. Thanks to everyone who has supported me along the way or even just dropped in and said HI!!!
This grow didnt go as I had initially set out as I made a couple of changes and thus affected how it grew. I am happy with the results though:):)
My first GUESS-TIMATES were looking at an average size, But once Id gotten 1/3rd of the way thru - There was a not quite so much large cola's, But a large number of nugs and smaller canopy cola's. I did get some alright sized cola's but most I trimmed all up a bit smaller.
MAN I SHOULDA KEPT ALL THEM TINY CALYXES AND MADE A MAD MIX:) I did manage to get a pea sized ball of resin to toke that was hectic to make! TALK ABOUT STICKY - Ive had glues that arent as strong..lol..
So over all I hope that I may have just gotten slightly more than I anticipated of 8oz dry, not sure yet so will see how we go. I am just wanting to dry and cure it asap and hope I dont get mold or anything. I was thinking of maybe boiling down the stems and small trim buds to try make an oil, but I cant remember how to do it:( Oh well... Anyway, Here s some pics of the job.
Sorry there s not too many pics but you get the idea:::

2013-03-14_18_40_02.jpg
2013-03-14_18_40_16.jpg
2013-03-14_18_40_27.jpg
2013-03-14_18_40_40.jpg
2013-03-14_18_40_48.jpg
Just a few before she came down..

2013-03-14_22_07_56.jpg
The first part of my trim..
2013-03-14_22_08_06.jpg
2013-03-15_13_02_21.jpg
2013-03-15_13_02_13.jpg
2013-03-15_13_02_31.jpg
NOW MOST OF HER NUGS:) The board is 3ftx2.2ft
2013-03-15_10_22_00.jpg
2013-03-15_11_00_09.jpg

2013-03-15_15_03_29.jpg
Now some pics of her cola's
2013-03-15_15_11_26.jpg

MY LITTLE HASH COLLECTION:):)
2013-03-15_15_11_26.jpg

WELL AGAIN THANKS TO ONE AND ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO MY GROW AND ALL THE GREAT IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS HAVE BEEN AWSUM;):goodjob:
Now my next task is to get Lucy going and hope that she is going to be ok? I have a bit of work to do in between which sux, so Im pretty pushed atm.. But will do things as best I can.
So yeah, the collection of nugs and cola's on the board - that is about 3" inches deep of buds, many are solid tops. Hope ya's liked my girl anyway, Sorry I didnt have as large plant as Id hoped for but maybe she came thru in total weight as opposed to bulk weight? Either way 14oz dry i14 oz dry!!! FINGAZ CROSSED FOR OVER 10oz??? THANKS EVERYONE@:420:. Be good..Or good at it.. Smokemupm8:thumb:

The image quality sucks guys:(:( sorry!!!!!

;);) BEEN TOKIN MY RESIN BALL THIS MORNING -_- ;);)

Man that had a deep stone, which hangs above my eyes since first few this morn just had another cone before.. Upon exhale, well even as you in hale that piney tone really came into effect!! I could feel it hitting my throat as I breathed it in and then when I exhaled the flavour filled my nostrils lungs everything, almost like tasting piney dust particles I guess you d say:) It was a thick solid smoke..
Its mad as, well worth the effort of gathering it!! Unfortunately there was only the one, so itll be over soon but I had to comment it is AWSUM STUFF!! I d love this high each time.. Now Im just trying to dry and cure this lot hopefully Ill have no mold issues or such??
AM doing my best to avoid this and some Ill cure for as long as possible.
Ive used zip lock bags before and glass jars, as long as its air tight shouldnt the effect be the same??
Cheers guys , Smokemup..

;);) BEEN TOKIN MY RESIN BALL THIS MORNING -_- ;);)

Man that had a deep stone, which hangs above my eyes since first few this morn just had another cone before.. Upon exhale, well even as you in hale that piney tone really came into effect!! I could feel it hitting my throat as I breathed it in and then when I exhaled the flavour filled my nostrils lungs everything, almost like tasting piney dust particles I guess you d say:) It was a thick solid smoke..Me too but it was the keif I made today ....mine was of four varieties...kept them seperate..only smoked one so far, last year's outdoor Sativa
Its mad as, well worth the effort of gathering it!! Unfortunately there was only the one, so itll be over soon but I had to comment it is AWSUM STUFF!! I d love this high each time.. Now Im just trying to dry and cure this lot hopefully Ill have no mold issues or such??The trick is in the burping and feel after the initial cure you're good for sealing them with 65% humidity pack...don't pack the container
AM doing my best to avoid this and some Ill cure for as long as possible.
Ive used zip lock bags before and glass jars, as long as its air tight shouldnt the effect be the same?? Ziplocks actually breath...tupperware much better
Cheers guys , Smokemup..
Reply in Blue
:cheesygrinsmiley::tokin::cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Ho'z..
Do you put em in jars when they have about 20% moisture content or what level of dryness should you aim for before placing them together to cure??? I usually just dry mine til there kimda dry on the outside but stems not totally, then place em in.
Cheers for your input bro:)

Thanks mate:)
Yea well even after air drying some small nugs over last few days theyre got an intense taste no leafy chlorophyl taste - just this pungeant taste of piney goodness:):) Then the stone hits you and it sits around for a while.. I checked out some buds last night and some have amber trichs in them so theyre just perfect!! Quite dense in consistancy packed with em..
I am still thinking about 8+ oz, maybe 10??
Cheers for your kind words.. Later buddy. Smokemup

Thanks Miwa;)
I had a look at it, and it says to air dry for upto 60hrs, which is roughly what I initially do, and then seal em for 12 and open again etc;
So what Ive done is, the buds have been air drying for abit of time not so much as theyre all dry Id say about 50% moisture, some a little less, I have a small plastic ' PLANT NURSERY ' basically a small hothouse for seedlings which has a few small holes up top.
Ive put my buds in that and am keeping them in that and just opening and mixing around the buds every 12 or so hours for 1 hour or 2.. I think this will be sufficient to draw out moisture from the inside of buds and help keep the moisture in for a bit longer.
I have quick dried buds over a week and its still been a great smoke, Im drying some the same way also, just so got somethin to toke on - But the only difference Id imagine may be end weight after curing the way as suggested in the post, does it really make a difference to the strength of the stone if the buds are air dried over a week, as opposed to bundling them all together in an air tight container burping them and the rest?? Does it more so just add to flavour/taste?? Either way, however I dry this its smell and stone is WIKID GOOD:):):)
Thanks to everyone, and you too MIWA;) for all the help and hoping my BPN FUELED LUCY GROW WILL GO AWSUMLY!!
Later guys, Smokemup.. P/s. This is now basically COMPLETE.... ;) NICE TOKIN WIT YA's;)

Killer grow mate . plus reps there Smoke. Nice looking plant look forward to the the final weight. Have a few going now getting ready for a few months of some spring and summer veg time and the the fall to get ready to harvest, Peace , OG.

the way you dry has effect on the harshness ..don't know about the strength..but the longer its jared up..the stronger the strength..the smother the smoke..i'm smokin on some pe..got jared up last nov..strength is definantly increasing..i'm waiting for some coco...then i can repot and start using bpn on a couple

Looks like it came out pretty good Smokey.

Maybe not as high a yield as last time, but it looks dank and this time no thieves.

Cheers OG;)
Im not sure on weight yet as Im drying a couple different ways atm, So some may dry out more than the rest.. But all in all, the size of the harvest should roughly give me 8-10 oz I think?
I gathered a bit of my buds and put them in my tupper ware style mini hot house that I havve - it has 3 air holes up top - So I figured its good for drying/curing now:) Ill seal it in air tight container soon, the buds have been air dried for the suggested time and should be roughly around the right moisture content.
Bet youre itching to harvest yourself - Not long tho - Itll go by soon enough mate!! Take it easy and hope all goes well. Smokemup

Well Ill do what I am at present, while its drying some more..
Once its all a nice consistency - Ill seal some up for longer cure time/storage. Tho last time I just air dried over a week or 2 and the smoke all was fairly decent IMO. I stored cola's in some zip lock bags and they maintained smell/strength for as long as I had it, Not that long really for 6.5 oz!! We went thru it in a couple months :( So Im trying to make this last a bit longer!
Hope you get your girl re potted soon. Im awaiting my plant food supply too, Lucy is coming along nice but has lacked due to irregular lighting.

EXACTLY JIMMY;)
Well, as I was trimming thru her branches I was soon deep in a pile of nugs.. And thought " This doesnt look TOO bad? " and then as I finished up I hope Ill do ok. AND YES - THE MOST REWARDING PART - IVE GOT TO KEEP IT LONGER!!!
Id Froth if sum shit happened again.. WORLD WAR ARMAGEDDON SHIT!! I am really enjoying the quality of the smoke so far air dried fairly quick - So I cant wait to sample her cola's once theyre ready:):) Thanks for the comments buddy!
Next up :: Lucy...

yep..i'm going to repot a couple today..i got a 6 sprouts that needs pots..i'll save a couple for the coco..this hash plant haven't grew a cent..stems getting big..i'm going to try to get a pic of her stem..have to pin the leaves back...i don't know what i was thinking about when i put those pre-packed net pots in the tank...blame it on the pe..i put the cups with the cuttings in a 2L with a stone and the cup with the seed i put in a 2L without water..that pellet has enought in it plus the seed was split when i put it in..what do you think cost the less to burn...T-5s or CFLs..i'm burning 375w in that clone/sprout room...was thinking about getting a 4 x 6 or 8...T-5..the leaves on these sprouts are almost straight up..i thought that was a sign of stretching...the leaf tips are almost touching so i can't raise them up..i guess they just love cfls...

What Miwa said! Sorry I didn't get right back to ya...took a little overnight roadtrip to my buddy's place...kicked his but in Cribbage...(Not really 2/3 and all were tight games...we have played each other now for over 35 years...He was a good mentor when it came to playing that game. His girlfriend left to go somewhere early so I took him to breakfast at one of our friend's restaurants...huevos rancheros for me!!!:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

GOOD!! When their hands are raised - the sun they crave:):)
Thats a sign of a happy plant IMO, as they get bigger the leaves dont quite go as high but usually they will look well spread out and straight.
I personally havent used T5's, But CFL's may not have the power to grow a big plant but youll need to add a few around the plant, the best way of this is using a boxed shape to grow in. Then on each face of the square box/cupboard drill out some holes and place a socket on each wall and one above on an attached top section So that you can raise and lower the lights height in the box as plant grows.... On each socket, add a "Twin Socket extension " enabling 2 globes per socket.. This will be a great set up!! You should be able to find twin socket extensions from electrical shops/hardware stores etc; So you d have upto 10 CFL's in this set up, T5's are larger from memory so you may be able to more with them in terms of light covereage.
All you want to do is make sure all branches get good lighting on them, I use my MH directly above the plant , But I raise and lower, move left and right over the day to spread light to other plant parts not fully reached. If you have lights surrounding the plant ie; side lighting the need to move lights is lessened pending on your setup.
Good luk and keep me posted!!

Lol.. Fair enuf buddy;) Sounds lke a plan...
I dont get much time to myself so I try to enjoy it when I do.. Cribbage ay - Shit I aint played in over 13yrs!! Damn.. I got the mad munchies yo'.. This C99xPR has been harvested PERFECTLY - just a nice blend of head high and that mellow kicked back feeling, perfect for watching movies + eat:):)
I aired out my curing box this morn and man them trichs are sticky!! Theyre sticking to the container and Im wondering - ARE MY TRICHS ALL STICKING TO THIS PLASTIC SHIT?? Im not liking that thought, NOT AT ALL...
So I opened it up and moved some around with my stick and when I pulled it out - red pistils n resin.. Ill be leaving them out from now to air dry hoping that I lose no trichs!!

Back
Top Bottom