Smokemup's Latest Grow - Going For 1+lb! 400W MH/HPS - Soil - Indoor

* PHOTO UPDATE - TERESA DAY 39 OF FLOWER *

Hey everyone:)
Sorry for my abscence of late Ive had alot of stuff on my plate, and unfortunately it aint GANJA!! Man I am really hanging out for this plant to finish up, But for all I know she could go past 70 days???
I feel that Ive managed to keep her PH in an adequate region of late, and my attempts of fixing any possible defic or build ups seems to be dong something as she s managed to keep some more green color in her than earlier..
Im feeding her bit more food than usual at this stage due to her sheer size, I may have been under feeding her? Her cola's are looking SOOO SWEET MAN... Theyre filling out, those whispy flowers now are covered in calyxes and trichs, she has some orange pistils already, and unfortunately I do believe Ive over stressed her and she has now shown me about 5 banana's :( :(
SHOULD I PULL THESE OFF BEFORE THEY GROW LARGER? I DID THAT LAST TIME, and I didnt notice many others afterwards, So wondering if that d help. I dont really care as the majority of each bud/cola is all calyx/sugar leaves..
She has been taking on alot of fluids Ive tried to avoid keeping her too wet, 12 Litres leaves run off for say 20hrs and then she aerates dry over the coming day or so. Im feeding her with my old nutes mainly with just a bit of LIquid Blue & 15ml of EBloom, seems to be responding to this at a PH of 6.4.
Well Ill leave the pics for you guys to give an opinion - DONT HOLD BACK! I can handle it :'( Waaahhaa lol.. OH YEAH HANG ON>>>> Guess what?? While on a random mission the other day I stumbled upon HID HEAVEN:high-five: I walk around a corner and what do I bump into??? 25 full industrial MH/HPS lighting systems - some were the box shape as in my pic below, BUT there was these wikid good units that had a big round reflector with an inbuilt ballast on its top and its a quarter the size of my ballast!
Anyway there were also these box ones with lamp reflector & ballast in built for the globe to run horizontally as I tried to do earlier but it wouldnt arc with the hood I had or whatever, BUT THIS BEAST LIGHTS UP LIKE XMAS!!! All for >>> Wait for it>> Yes, HONESTLY $5!! Can get the big rounder ones with new globes ( white coated MH globes - I thought these may be like a massive CFL?? ) for $30 :) But these ones need more vertical height as the ballast is on top of reflector, So I wont need one of them for a bit - But I maybe able to help a mate out & make a few $'s :):)

Teresa:::
DSCF22623.jpg
DSCF22672.jpg
DSCF22682.jpg
Some lighttime pics...

DSCF22691.jpg
DSCF22701.jpg
DSCF2272.jpg
DSCF22711.jpg

What do you think of her color now, at Day 39.. You think it looks ok to hold out til finish?? MAN I HOPE SO:Namaste: OH and heres my lil box that could :)>>
2013-10-11_18_03_09.jpg
Its a 400w system runs fairly cool, am keen to raise some babies - possibly under one of those white globes. If anyone has experience with these white colored MH globes please give me an opinion;)
Again, many thanks for stopping by take care all my friends.... Chat soon, Smokemupm8:thanks::420:

THANKING YOU KINGJOHN;) Hope ur Lab experiment is coming along nicely.. Am keen to see what you can create now!

Hi Casa - from the East coast of Oz;)
Thanking u for your kind remarks buddy..... I hope that I have the PH ok at 6.4, it seems to be around this constantly now so that grouse:)
I have to make some changes to my next grow - I will not Veg it til 4ft. I dont want much wastage or useless growth - So the way to maximise this is to train it correctly and trim it correctly! Hope your gal be ok have to come over for a look! Take care, Smokemup

Aztec... I am trying bro!!
Theyre filling out now and I really hope that I get some more bulk over the next 15-20 days she has nearly filled in all her cola's and side branches so I am praying she does well for me.. Her buds look mad like a kush cross.. Ill get some macro's soon for you all.
I think this girl maybe hermie on me a bit it s only come on late but still, long as the weed does as good as it smells Ill be happy:)
Cheers bud chat soon, Smokem

My man JIMMY C;)
Actually my passports will be being processed maybe 5 mnths away so I can TRAVEL BABY!!!! There s a few guys here Id love to meet personally, I feel like I have some good friends and support, even more than where I am?? That s why I always come back here:) Guys like u who ve been with me from the start - And I think maybe abit of MUTUAL RESPECT is at hand here;) I like your style Jimmy.. Wouldnt be the same with out ya.. OH and YOU OWE ME A PIC JIMMY FOR THIS JOURNAL!!
Be cool brother, be cool.. Smokedawg:thumb:

HI Rico..
Thank you for stopping in buddy:thumb: Appreciate your kind words too mate, and yeah Im takin off what banana's I see today, If only they were actual Banana's Id not care as Id get a feed and some weed at the same time!! :) lol..
Hoping ur trained beauties do well for ya.. Take it easy and will chat soon ok, Smokemupm8:welcome:

Hey Dooski!!!
Yeah she s getting there mate, Im hoping she ll be done by Day 65 at most - that gives me 25 days or so to bulk up?? Hmmmm.. Hope so, I REALLY NEED 1+ lb or Im gunna be struggling. Can do a double grow next round now I got an extra MH;) See how mischevous I can be...
And yes, I do check my buds with my 45xScope, when trichs are turning amber is when I START SMILING :) she has some bulbous trichs already and her sex-pistils are huge!! Some only have 1 orange pistil?? WTF.. Does that mean she s half a she??? :( Say no to BALLS!! But one must go pluck some Banana's from my tomato tree;)
Thanks buddy and have a good one, your grow is doing good. And yeah $ 5 for a ballast,hood is fine by me! Got a large pile of globes too.. Have a good one, chat soon, Smokemup:high-five:

Does anyone know about these white colored MH globes, possibly used in warehouses as a softer light but 400w of it compared to a CFL should do a little better?? I think they were Sylvania globes, Maybe I should look into it myself instead of being lazy :-/

Welcome guys to my journal :):)
Hoping everyone is growing along well... Ive been fooled a little by my 600w HPS I think, as I was recently checking her under normal light and she looks pretty much normal for her age, So Im thinking maybe 2-3 weeks or so and Ill be having some solid buds, Ive removed some Banana's that were forming on a couple of calyxes - they may have pollen not sure on that but either way they were there so Shhit happens! Her buds are really smelling sweet now and some of the calyxes she forms in say 36hrs are awsum - Sparkling with diamonds of trichs & some orange pistils.. She s about 20% orange pistils Id say as an approx. but she sure is growing in the bud, I am going to reduce the total height of my next girl, and aim for a larger solid structured canopy - AKA- SCROG;) Making a grid of tie points I can basically do the same as I am, but just aim at spreading her out further, then to slot each main cola into each square.. Wonder how many squares I can fit in my space??? Only one way to know ay!!! I only hope that the next seed I pop is from a decent genus...
Ok well Ill be posting some macro's of my nugs at this stage, I laugh rather sadly at me entry in POTM :) I cant see flowers on her!! I always do this, I gotta make sure I time my entries to things better. But oh well least the guys here get to see my girl!
Take care evryone and will chat soon.. Take it easy, Smokemupm8:high-five::welcome:

I love your growing style. It inspired my bowl method, which is very similar to what you do here. However, I first top once, so I end up with four tops, then I LST or HST train those by bending them all away from each other in an X shape. Then that gives me about 11 tops or so. I then pull those away from the center using bamboo sticks to make a bowl, so the light hits them all.

However, I think I will try using wire instead to pull the branches away to make the bowl, and open up the middle. I can just drill holes in the top of my tote.

I think I will have to try humus in my coco-perlite mix just to see how it does.

* TERESA s UPDATE - DAY 51 OF FLOWER *

Hello everyone, SORRY FOR NOT BEING ON LATELY :( Been a busy little bee so to speak, shit has been hektik!! Understatement?? Hmmm...Anyway - hope that you all are growing along well:thumb: My girl has been moody and I think I finally realised why...
While she has dropped her PH to a near healthy 6.2 ish, her colas havent formed as well as Id hoped and maybe the deficiency or whatever did inhibit her some, plus I mad a Boo Boo.. Had my 600w too close to her, I kept it about 8 " inches above but that obviously was a stupid idea - dunno why I kept it like that for so long?? She s showing some bleaching I believe as a result and some sugar leaves are starting to show signs of burn so Ive raised it back to its PRORPER height of 12" above and yeah here we are.. I have many large tops, but they wont weigh much I reckon, Im guessing Ill only get maybe 10 OZ MAX :( THAT SUX ASS BIG TIME!! Ive been giving her more dark of late, all her pistils are orange except a few smaller new ones down low, she does have alot of wastage and I kickin myself for not paying as much attention as I should have..
I have a friend who is an utter twit and he's the person who asked me to help him, So Ive probably done half as much work to his as I did my poor Teresa, and this is how she s re paying me.. GOTTA STAY LOYAL TO THE ONE WOMAN;)
Her Trichs are at least cloudy at present, may have sen some ambers but not sure due to light being on, Either way she s coming down soon.. Ive cracked the shits with her and am jst getting her ready for pulling, So Ill feed her and give 36hrs dark then 6 hrs light and pull her.. Ok so by now youre probably thinkin " Show us some pics dammit " So here I will do so; Some were taken lights on and they appear yellow - But in dark theres more green visible, color in them, Since Ive raised the lamp hoping that she may have a small bloom before she s ripped.
I tried poppin 2 seeds I had from good stock but they aint moving - So MR. IMPATIENT chucked another different one in and in like 36hrs she has opened up:):) YEEHAWWWW... ROUND 2.... LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF22522.jpg
DSCF22582.jpg
DSCF22571.jpg
DSCF22881.jpg
DSCF22892.jpg
DSCF22922.jpg
DSCF22971.jpg
DSCF22981.jpg
DSCF23062.jpg
DSCF23052.jpg
DSCF23042.jpg
DSCF23092.jpg
DSCF23121.jpg
DSCF23133.jpg

So guys, this is what I am left with at this point, Ive trimmed her up abit and positioned her as best I can and some side branches really took off! I have about 3 or 4 - 1.5ft tops but I think thatll change once I trim them they were nothing on my last gilr ( sad to say ) or even Cindy for that matter!! A dis appointment grow I d say... Recently along my travels I picked up that new Box & with a bit of planning and plotting, I think I have the best idea for my grows from now - I will not Veg to over 4ft, Keeping it to say 3ft and then spreading her out - I WAS THINKIN OF A SCROG:):) - I recently saw one that was very similar to what I do - Her pot will be diferent too and I must fully PEST/POLLEN PROOF the space:high-five: I hate hermies..
Let me know what you think on if I should let her run out to past 60 days - But honestly Im done with this bitch X( GAME OVER MAN - GAME OVER... I can hear it now..... Nang Nang Nang nang nang nang ( that was my version of a chain saw:-/ )

"""" Smokem has had enough of Teresa s little fluff, So he grabbed the chainsaw and dust,Ed' it off then got to the trim - He thought he saw buds but he eyes confusin him - So he had it wit this grow its been 50 days to long, and all ever wanted was some ganja for my bong - So now Im broke n full of leaf and aint getting high - Looking for the answers but I clouded my own eyes"" Sorry random baked freestyle there -_- That prob got a better respone than my plant! :) I NEED BUDS.... I NEED BUDS...
Thank you to all who have come by and for your posts, Much appreciated guys! I will catch up with you all asap... And hope everyone has voted as theres some nice entries this month!!!
Be good or Be good at it - Smokemupm8:thanks::high-five::circle-of-love: Oh and I really hope that Teresa smokes up better than this local rubbish!!! Peace out rabbit..

Many thank Leader;)
Yeah I am going to slightly change my methods next go, as I made alot of wastage this time and some stupoid mistakes.. Have to see what I end up with now?
And I also was contemplating topping myself, but Id maybe grow 8 nodes ( pairs of leaves ) then top it? Just so Id have a few large base branches to grow out n up :) Also I have been inspired by the use of an Esky to use as a res tank with a drain hole in the base - then a perlite/humus mix in one of those root zone pots or whatever theyre called where your roots grow down thru the plastic holes in its container into res below. First time Id be doin it but it does seem easy to me now since that PH crap I had!!
Take care and chat soon ok, Cheers for coming by! Smokem..

AZTEC!!! Sorry bro I have been away for nearly 2 weeks.. Alot of issues going on and I really havent had time to get on here and when I did I was to buggered:)
Cheers for coming by anyways... My pic update is crap but the pics in dark show her looks close anyway theyre only few days apart.. I wanna rip her down and start over Im irritated as with myself.. ROOKIE MISTAKES AND LACK OF ATTENTION!!! Maybe it was the weed?? ;) Anyways will drop by soon ok matey.. Have a good one, Smokemup

Its not ready yet, go to 63 days and check again. If you really need smoke now, chop off a couple of the lower branches that go high into the canopy. That's my advice.

She isn't as thick as ur others but has she finished filling out?

Also, I read that u only use like a 30l pot hick i think is about
9.6 gallons. Have u tried a larger pot? Bigger roots bigger buds
Especially since u veg to three foot. That is more than
Enough time to fill in a 18 gal with roots.

Back
Top Bottom