Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Hey Rico, How you going mate??
Yeah well Im not that experienced in growing Indicas as a dominant strain, and if youre correct in saying about the trichs then it would stand to reason why theyre not changing so much as to what Im used to. I am not far off taking her down as it is, I wasnt gunna let her go to 70 days, So she may well be pulled down in a day or so, I need to fix my grow space before next grow anyway and as my next plant is still a sprout it d work out best if I were to act sooner rather than later, then by the time my shoot is ready to maybe go under the MH her space will be all prepped and ready to go.
Thanks for the info on the Indica s trich color tendencies, and Ill let you know how my harvest goes! ;) Have a good one mate, Chat soon Rico, Smokemupm8:thumb::welcome:

Many thanks MIWA;)
Im sharpening the axe...... I shall let u know when I shout TIMBERRRRRRRR!!!!

BUDS BUDS BUDS BUDS BUDS BUDS:):):):) BUDS BUDS BUDS BUDS :):) I hope to be at least 80% peak maturity:/

SMOKMEUPM8:thanks::420::welcome:

very nice looking buds mate, filled our nicely,

some indicas do turn amber, all the plants ive grown have shown amber, now a plant is done when the trichs are cloudy, that is when thc is at its best, for a more couch lock affect you want to wait till some turn amber, i usually wait till between 10 and 25% ish amber, i find this works best for a night time smoke for me,

but ive harvested at 100% cloudy and found it just as good really, not a huge amount of diferent, so trichs are degrading when they turn cloudy but thats when thc is at its highest, then leaving it longer turns the trichs amber, the more amber the more couch lock, ive not gone past 25% as im not sure what 100% amber would do but by then it will probably grow bananas and turn hermie,

im sure many argue when its best to harvest but i tried cloudy and i tried the buds at amber and found i prefered the amber trichs,

you could also test what you perfer, take a small bud off when totally cloudy and leave 1 bud till amber, or harvest at 100% cloudy but leave just a small bud on to turn trichs amber, that way you can test both and work towards that in future,

i got a plant at the minute thats cloudy with few amber trich's yet the pistils are only starting to turn brown, pretty much white all over, so not sure when to harves this, but its slowly getting more amber but pistils are still looking like they always look, the buds look like they got weeks left but the trichs say otherwise

its a pity you dont know the strain, looks like some damn nice bud,

id like to try growing it if anyone could work out the strain, maybe a kush of some sort, its just to hard to tell

ooooooooooooooo its almost chop time!!!! i cant wait!

dude smokem i seriously need you to make me a grow dvd or something because you are seriously gifted! like u will get from this girl probly more then i got from my last batch! insane!! :high-five:

reps brother

Oh and that little girl is looking sweeeet!

:bravo:

as always

Happy highs bro!

JJ

Hi DonPaul;) How are ya??
Glad to see you stopping over and had a quick look at my gal - Yeah, I am with you on the trich thing, as I am unsure of strain Ill have to rely on my experience and own gut-instincts:thumb:
I will most likely pull her once I see some amber trichs, I have smoked my stuff when its been cloudy and when amber and as you said, sometimes it makes minimal difference if theres only a few days between harvest. Really, as like yourself, I like a night-time smoke, that can rock me, not knock me out but I need to be dulled down a notch or three:) So if I grow some weed and its shit Im SCREWED! As I only do one plant per grow... So its nearly doubley important for me to get the harvest point right if ya know what I mean!!!
This purple ( tho sort of hard to see in pics ) is quite deep in some buds, Ive only had experience with purple strains when I was a kid - I was about 9 when I saw my first, AND LAST pure purple strains over here.. They were spectacular plants to look at and I still gape in awe of the colors they can produce..
So since this girl Lucy has shown this purple stripes all her life I anticipated maybe some all purple buds - But that is not how this plant is forming, its like as it is properly maturing its sort of like its finishing up and changing from green calyxes to purple ones poking out?
Either way as I said, the looks are pure material, its the quality that is needed, this strain may have a 5% THC content of some crap shwag or male neglected plant that you get higher from the tobacco mixed in ( Yes, you heard me right - Some of us here mix tobacco with our weed, about 30% tobacco ) just to stretch it out when times are tight:/ PLZ DONT LAUGH!!
But yeah, Cheers for dropping over matey - GREAT TO HEAR FROM YA! Take it easy and hope youre all good, Ill have to drop over and see whats going on over your fence!!:eyebrowsmile: Have a good one... Smokemup:high-five::welcome:

YOU AND ME BOTH DONPAUL!!
But as far as Im concerned, if you want a big plant try the C99xPR or similar - MAn, those cola's were epic!! I loved her grow - she had a pungeant smell, and when touched it stuck to ya fingaz and in your nostrils:)
This girl, Lucy, actually has minimal smell to it, it is there - but if I were to go from its odor - Id say its weak :(
So hoping the proof is in the pudding so to speak and count on some nice THC/CBD content!!!:helpsmilie:
PLZ GANJA GODS - LET THERE BE HIGH LEVELS OF ANY SUBSTANCE IN MY BUDS THAT MAKES ME FEEL STONED!!!!!
Yours faithfully - Smokemup:thanks::thanks::yahoo::bongrip::icon_cool

Cheers JJ!!!!
That would have to be one of the kindest posts Ive recieved mate, So THANKS ay;) Thats much appreciated.. I had actually planned on setting out a Thread on what I do, technique wise and what soil and such I use and how I train them..
But another guy has posted one similar to what Id have done, tho his is a little different as its done his way but still is a well set out thread and made me think, :( oh, thats been done now... But it never hurts to share I guess, Id like to, See I wanted to have a few grows with nearly identical growth results, Ive managed to keep the yields to over 1 pound p/plant, But this may not make it due to main cola snapping in half, it healed, but was only slightly bigger than quarter width of the other smaller ones.
And mate, if theres ANYTHING you feel you may want to ask go for it I dont mind, dont need to feel silly, IM NOT A PROFESSIONAL GANJA GROWER! I guess I have been lucky though - IVE ONLY EVER SPROUTED 1 MALE PLANT IN 15yrs, AND NONE HAVE BEEN FROM AN ORDER OF FEMINIZED SEEDS, JUST BAGSEED AND MY SELECTION METHOD. I actually choose seeds on how THEY look.. THATS LUCKY, youd think Id win the LOTTO???? That aint happened :(
Thanks again for leaving such great feed back JJ - I mean it.. I will swing over your journal soon ok buddy, Sorry for not being over sooner though I have been reading your posts mate;)
Have a good one and chat soon ok, Smokemup.:thanks::high-five:

Hey Smokem!

How goes the trich hunt? :)

Regarding female seeds - if i remember right you use the seeds from the best stuff you can buy...
'Commercial' weed usually grows locked away and sees no pollens. They can usually only grow seed when they go hermie a bit - and a hermie female plant will only produce female seeds (no male genes).
So this might also mean that if you encounter a male from the batch, it did meet with hemp pollen from outside air and so its genetics will probably be questionable!

Best wishes for the harvest, and the babies :)

Yeah well thats possibly why Ive gotten more females, But there are only small sections of good proper genetic strains being grow here..
Most are only accessable thru people who Id rather not do business with as we clash, but yeah you are right - I use seeds from good smoke I get which usually may only have 1 or 2 seeds per quart oz or so.. If the plant has more seeds in it I count it as a male and wont use those seeds, I was shown a way that these old school growers used to select their seeds to grow - and thus far it has not let me down!!
Thanks for dropping in again Invi;) Have a good one and cheers for the info! Later buddy, Smokemup

* New Sprout Pics *

Hey guys,
Just thought Id put a few snaps of my lil ones:) The one I may be keeping has started to grow faster than the other but that also maybe due to the extra lighting..
Ill see which does ok and seems to be forming well and will probably cull the other.. Or mayb IF my friend starts to change his attitude Ill donate to him to care for and split the harvest 60/40 my favour of course!!! Shit Im setting it up, arranging feeding and giving him a started plant. This is sad - Out of around 21 seeds he tried to germinate - NOT ONE POPPED A TAP ROOT AND THEYRE GOING BLACK NOW!!!
I told him how I germinate mine, In paper towel under a CFL or window sill and keep it moist and usually in 24 - 72 hrs a tap root will appear. He didnt listen to my suggestion, and just got a bowl and filled it with cotton balls and made em wet and sat the seeds on top of em?? He didnt cover any sees just let em sit there - I believe that they need moisture all around them and some light or heat source to help them Germ. and the longest Ive had to wait has been about 4 days before a tap root popped..
Thats why I felt bad for him, I think he used all his seeds too, Not sure what he was gunna do if the 20 sprouted??
Theres no way he can handle that many let alone 1 grown well, He did ok with his last plant by sheer luck it survived ggggrowing in a half filled pot and full of Fungus gnats and white fly, he d ripped tops off branches and topped the main as well, It was a big stuff up IMO that luckily managed to stay alive due to my BPN nutes I gave him and he got some alright buds, but I wish I had that strain as Id make it a killa smoke! He harvested early, trichs were clear but he got to keen...Smoke had the smell and potential for a great strength plant, most of the time it had no direct sunlight until flowering when I lent him my 600w HPS - then he got this ::
2013-05-01_17_24_57.jpg
2013-05-01_17_24_42.jpg
2013-05-04_15_46_51.jpg

Chunky plant it was, he didnt even trim off the fan leaves at harvest:/ Oh well, it was his call I guess. Now, heres some snaps of my next girl(s) - I will start a separate journal for these after this harvest but Ive just thought Id show you some pics as its going along and later Ill show and explain what Ive done til now;) Here they are!
Teresa Green & Shorty Sally:)

2013-07-01_14_04_38.jpg
Heres Shorty Sally...
2013-07-01_14_04_54.jpg

And My main girl - Teresa Green!!

2013-07-01_14_05_08.jpg
2013-07-01_14_05_28.jpg
2013-07-01_14_05_37.jpg

She has the luxury of the 2 CFL's and is now gaining in height, width and devlopment is coming along well, I can see the 2 little spikey pre calyxes where the main stem and nodes meet, So she looks to have close spacing:):)
And Sally was the faster growing of the 2, she would be probably larger than Teresa if she was under the same lighting, Ill be harvesting soon and from then maybe both the girls wil be kept, Im still deciding, I may attempt a CFL grow for Sally, and my usual for Teresa..
YES IVE NAMED THEM ALREADY!! NO BLOKE NAMES JUST IN CASE THEY GET CONFUSED AND TURN MALE ON ME! lol..
Hope youve enjoyed my little ones - There s more pics to follow once journals going, But I have good stock I hope for nxt round.. Take care guys, Cheers for dropping in:thanks::thumb: Smokemup ;)

LOL@ PIC #2... SPOT THE WHITE FLY " PHOTO-BOMBER ".... As you can see it had nice purple coloring and really thin indica type leaves.. Thats why Id like to have had a seed... Oh well>> LATERZ GUYS!!!

Heres the name of a Thread that I was basically planning on making, slightly different of course - But This is set out well and is pretty informative on LST ing. But since seeing it, its made me feel like Id be copying his, Should I still do my own? What do my friends here think?
OTHER THREAD; " LST How To twist and bend your way to a 1 pound monster " Sorry its not the direct link, But im sure you guys can navigate your way to it, other wise if you cant find it Ill try post correct link ok...
Let me know what you think anyways:):) HAPPY GROWING TO ALL< AND TO ALL A GOOD BONG!! Chat soon guys, Smokemupm8:thumb:

Heres the name of a Thread that I was basically planning on making, slightly different of course - But This is set out well and is pretty informative on LST ing. But since seeing it, its made me feel like Id be copying his, Should I still do my own? What do my friends here think?
OTHER THREAD; " LST How To twist and bend your way to a 1 pound monster " Sorry its not the direct link, But im sure you guys can navigate your way to it, other wise if you cant find it Ill try post correct link ok...
Let me know what you think anyways:):) HAPPY GROWING TO ALL< AND TO ALL A GOOD BONG!! Chat soon guys, Smokemupm8:thumb:

good looking sprouts..keep them all...cfl will work..on the lst..do yours..be a leader..not a follower :cheesygrinsmiley:..you are doing great..i see another way..if i can't improve it..i stick with mine..:slide:..focus...

looks like your mates plant was a damn nice plant,

sprouts look good mate, i start mine under cfls due to the tight node spacing, i also grew and flowered under cfl and got decent results as you get the cfls a lot closer, but i was using around 300 to 400 watts though, all 23 and 30watt cfls,

im with you on the tobaco mate, where i am we dont smoke pure bud, its mixed with a bit of cig tobaco, about 3rd of a cig, everyone i know smokes it that way,

as for your own thread id say go with what you thinks best, it dont matter if its similar to someone elses, their may be slight differences that growers can pick up on so if you want a new thread then go for it mate,

Cheers for the props guys!
And maybe after this harvest in my spare time Ill set out my stuuf and try to create a decent easy to understand description of my methods..
In regard to the other sprout, Im sorry but I decided " Screw you buddy " and will probably cut it down soon, Its not looking good and is now 1/3rd the size of Teresa, So Im sticking with the bigguns:):)
It has purple in it too similar to this girls, if it turns out to be the same strain, Least Ill have a chance to do over with out the main stem breakage!!
Man these local cops suck, I got nearly 1 grand in fines cos he couldnt get me with anything else and he made a false charge, saying I went thru a stop sign, WRONG! I stopped, looked both directions and turned corner.. Oh well will see what happens - bloody porkers;)
Cheers again and will chat soon. Later guys, Smokemup

shame to hear a bout the fine smokem, ahh well soon youll hav a nice harvest to brightin you up :)
sprouts look good too budy let hope we get a strong girl

:high-five::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom