Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Thanks Springa:) Good to see you drop in!!
Its been quiet on this page since Ive been away.... Mybe ppl only want to see pics??
Anyways, here s a brief run down of events of late. Lucy has been doing ok so far, Ive had to do a lot of repositioning as she pulled herself free from a few and also some branches bent towards light, So Ive found myself spending abit of time with her recently.
Ive trimmed alot of branches off and some dyng fans, So now her base is nearly stripped of its first 1ft of growth - a few small ones remain.
But yeah, my frantic worry about her ability to bulk up has been somewhat lifted as she is now filling in AND OUT!!! Ive counted 13 decent cola's, the rest are not too bad in size, but range from 2 -6 or so inches.
Her remaining fan leaves are showing the ever present brown spotting on dying fan leaves - This seems to be some thing that I am doing that is either causing maybe a lock out or build up of certain element and maybe blocking Potass intake.. As Ive experienced it with nearly all my indoor grows I put it down to my actions, there are still some nice dark green leaves in her mid section and such, but now most are changing to yellow. Her cola s now have about 30-40% orange pistils and her calyxes are popping up among the buds so IM STOKED:):)
I am estimating maybe 3 weeks to go in flower, I maybe wrong, But I think itll be around that time giving her enough to finish up and fully mature - I may end up with 10 oz dry IF im lucky.. Lucy was flushed yesterday, she s due for a light feed tomoz Im not sure if I should go maybe half strength feed or one full hit?
Ive already begun my next grow - beans are soaking in their paper towel as we speak, its been about 2 and half days so far, no tap root yet..
I accidentally burnt the top of one of my large cola's :oops: Least it wasnt 3 like with Cindy!
Over the past month I have noticed a large increase in the amount of Fungus Gnats, I put up sticky traps at first - caught a few and from the amount thought i had only a few, But when I was watering I noticed bloody larvae, So I DE dusted and covered the base in sticky T's and I dusted a bit more after I watered it. Im noticing some adults on top of the dust just barely able to move, and some dead adults so hope Im wiinning a bit by now?
So thats about all there is to say so far really, Oh and also, under normal light Ive got hints of purple tinges and darker spots with LOTS of dense trichs:) More so than the last 2 - C99 girls;) Buds may not be as big but I am really hoping for some good quality smoke from her as when she s touched she has a " unique " smell Id say at this stage, Its nearly like that of a skunk strain I tried years back - Tho not as potent, it is more pungeant when touched, and as theyre hopefully going to continue to swell as they have. I still have 3 oz from last harvest Im hoping to keep cured for as long as possible. I pulled a bud from some of my stash out of a new bag, it was all stuck together like nearly compressed especially in the corners - So I pulled a nug from it and it smelt wikid good and was all tacky and cured nice for its time and method IMO..
Take care Springa, Ill drop in asap ok.. My PC died randomly and since cleaning out the dust it magically came back to life?! Cheers to EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!
PICS TO FOLLOW SOON : Theyre all from random days so some pics will look out of order.. Take care guys and cheers:) SMOKEMUPM*:thanks::thanks::passitleft:

Thanks for the reply Smokkem! All is well here in the sunshine state. As well as could be! I'm glad your doing good and I love your updates. I always learn something from them so keep em coming but pics are cool too! Sorry to hear about the FG's. You seem to keep them at bay when they get outa control. See ya soon!

Well thanks mate..
I hope to have wiped most of em out, but I have only few weeks or so left so if I will just do what Im doing uptil harvest time I guess?
I am liking the look of her cola's atm:) Starting to look promising..
Will have some pics next!!

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY NEARLY READY!!! *

Well heres some long belated pics of my girl atm, and she is doing ok considering her damage during Veg. She has about 13 or so good cola's and some of the top canopy od bud I have some pics of too, hoping theyre going to gain more..
Her buds are nearly translucent appearing prple to light /dark green, and due to the Defic some have yelowed slightly but I hope that her buds will continue to gain more calyxes as theyre looking oh so pretty:)
HERE SHE IS:::

2013-06-02_18_10_24.jpg
2013-06-02_18_11_03.jpg
My attempt at macro wit magnif.
2013-06-05_19_00_35.jpg
Can you see the coloring?
2013-06-08_18_59_23.jpg
2013-06-08_18_59_55.jpg
2013-06-08_19_00_13.jpg
2013-06-08_18_59_31.jpg
2013-06-08_18_59_46.jpg

AND SOME NUGS;)
2013-06-11_19_00_41.jpg
2013-06-11_19_01_07.jpg
2013-06-11_19_01_25.jpg

This is most of her snaps and should bring you nearly up to speed with her growth.. The seeds havent shown a tap root yet but I havent checked em this morning, So Ill see what these beans are upto in a min.
Giving Lucy a feed of Liquid Blue and Seaweed today hoping that she will be ok, half strength, was thinking of a full dose but not sure??
Anyways, hope you guys like the looks of Lucy and I am itching to SHHMOKE SUM SHIIT!! :):)
Take care everyone, Cheers for stopping by and and ideas comments or opinions welcome!
:welcome::welcome:

MY MAN!! Hey Jimmy how are ya bro??
Thanks for stopping in and for the cheech n chong tunez:):) Hope all has been well over your side of the fence, Ill swing by soon ok bro.
As you can see Lucy has done ok, but I am still hesitant on her final weight - If only that main stem didnt break, Ill take pics of how her stem formed after the break, its disapointing when you see what all the other branches widths:(
It sucks, but its the hand I was dealt but she did do ok considering I guess.
Cheers again for dropping in and ill be over your way soon! Just gunna listen to this clip:) Catch ya, Smokemup..:welcome:

Im at the point (because of the heat probably) where the plants grow massive amounts in 1-2 days.

I got pics i took 2 days ago in my journal, all plants where a good foot or foot n a half from eachother or more. But now the bigger ones are basically touching 2 days later :). Its pretty sick.

Sounds like it s all happening bro!! As I said to ya, I really hope you get a mad dry weight to keep you stocked in buds for years to come..
Im in the process of sprouting my next grow, but these seeds are slow to pop, normally Ill get em done in about 48hrs, but this has been least 3 days now. Oh well, aslong as they pop..
Have a good one bro, Im havin a rip roor qik sesh and goin to sleep.. Be cool.. Smokemup

No Springa... Its not the light:):)
Under the HPS the nugs seemed like they were of greenish tinge, But it wasnt until recently when lights out I was taking pics and sure enough under normal light, there does indeed appear to be purple tinges thru the buds:)
Almost transluscent, theres deep greens to purple to lighter colors due to defic. but I am hopeful that come harvest/peak maturity theres gunna be some purple among these buds!
I am pretty impressed at the moment with the sheer abundance of trichs - I know theyre not that visible in my pics, but I assure you that when youre looking at the sugar leaves and calyxes, they look like PINEAPPLES:) All trichs spiking up all over, I am really keen to sample this interesting plant.
If not for the main stem breakage Id have done better in amount and size of most of her cola's, all the branches after the snap were only as thick as my pinky finger, where as the others are all a nice thick as my thumb and branching like mad. There was production from that point which I am thank ful for, but it really has affected my grow - even making more work for me as Im constantly moving branches during the day to try allocate as much light as I can to all sites. Theres these tiny little nugs forming from points on branches where I cut them off, and as I said before theyre mad - all trichs:) But theyre tiny, So I am planning on making some home hash from the resin and tiny nugs trichs kief..
Ok well the music s thumpin and I think its time for a few Cheech n Chongs;):roorrip:Thanks for droppin in bro! Catch ya, Smokemupm8!!!!!!!

Sup Smokemup!

I always love coming to look your journal if i havent in a while theres always beautiful massive buds waiting to surprise me everytime! :thumb::bravo:

whats been happening buddy? apart from being a freaking green finger! :D
its full on Summer in europe where i am and full on cranking the heat out so trying to get out as much as possible and " put another shrimp on the barbie " :rofl: ( grillin & chillin ) our summers seem to be over in a flash so u gotta make the most of it,

about the beans mate, i hope they pop for ya in a few days have they turned dark already?

anyone bro take care!!

reps coming ur way for that beast ;)

:thanks: JJ ;)
Mate - I wish it were Summer here!!! Ive been freezin my nuts off lately ay - totally sucks :( Even in the morning Ill wake up and itll be sunny no clouds in the sky and I swear an hour later - and bam clouds start rollin in and thats it, crap for the day..
CHEERS for the great comment bro - MUCH APPRECIATED:thanks::thanks: Im trying mate, But this grow has had its probs and I can only hope its a long flowering plant, if she still has a few weeks to go thatll be sweet as I should get some more gains in bulking up the calyxes, THE FUN BIT!! I love seeing them popping out on top of each othr all sparkly and packed full of goodness.
And yeah I hope too that Ill have one of them crack, theres 4 now being soaked so I should get 1?? I wanna get one on the go as I have a new idea Im playing with for nxt Veg;) Shhhhh.. secret squirrel.. Youll all be shown the greatness of my DIY skills - theyre totally AWSUM ay, really like Im the best handy man around.. In my mind anywayys lol..
Many thanks for stopping by bro, and again for your nice comments - Oh and I have a BBQ but I dont eat shrimp, andI rekn Im about the only Aussie who owns a Webber ( its a brand of BBQ ) that hasnt used it yet!!! Ive had it over a year:) Most blokes here would be like, what the funk you doing use the barbie mate?! But now the weather suks so its not gunna be used for a whhile longer..lol,
Take care mate, will chat again soon. Smokemupm8:ciao::passitleft:

i have always wondered what Australians do for seeds, i was gifted with some great Australian seeds myself. i notice most European seed company's do not ship to Australia, where do you obtain your seeds?

Hey KJ!!
Hope things are well in your garden of green:)
Yeah well as I just wrote to another member, I usually just collect my seeds from great weed I smoke, Some females produce feminised seeds if left to flower long enough and these are what I use. The strains are usually unknown but I have been lucky with a few ppl that knew what the seeds were so that was a bonus, But yeah I usually just do that. I am down to 6 seeds, 2 of those are C99's again!!
I am trying to pop 4 seeds atm, soon as one pops tap root she s going in the dirt!!!
There are some places that will ship here - tho I have had a friend who was raided 4 mnths after purchasing seeds and lost his nearly ready crop... May have been co incidence, but its bit sketchy as he was in jail at the time and his mrs ordered them, so thats why I was sketchy on ordering. BUT theres couple ppl I can send em to if I look after em come harvest time;) So will see what happens..
Thanks for stopping by!! Take it easy bro, Smokemup

Yeah Springa..
Im planning on building a high powered remote control helicopter with enuf petrol for a round trip to Cali and back:) Just attach me a GO pro and $10, a note with what seeds I want and off she goes!!
But IDk Ill see what happens I may be able to find some local supplier s.. Thanks for dropping in matey.. Be cool, SMokemup

* YEEHAW WOOP WOOP - WE HAVE TAP ROOTS *

Well after what seemed to be centuries, finally, I managed to get 2 of these beans to pop!!! :yahoo::yahoo: I had a light bulb moment 2 days ago. I thought " what lumen is this?" So I check and sure enuf, a 2500K... Hmmm?? So I switched it to a 6500K and looky what happened barely 48hrs later:):)
So now I have 2 in the soil, and bcos I put 4 seeds in to try germinate, IDK which are which, So theyre NO - NAME brand buds:) Ill call em Skokems Smoko #1 :ganjamon:
Heres a pic DAY 1 of Tap root action, TRUST ME - Theyre under the dirt!! lol :::

2013-06-16_15_02_06.jpg

So here we go guys, Im all set for next round,Ive gotten an upgraded smart pot and plenty of lovely HUMUS soil, I am really looking to smash it out of the park next grow.
Looking for a minimum of 1.5 pounds from it, I have to make some alterations to my set up after harvest, theres a couple of things that need changing to ensure maximum light penetration and try to avoid alot of smaller under developing branches, as this grow was full of em!
Though I attribute some of it to the breakage of the stem, it made a mess of things IMO.
Anyway - enough doom and gloom - Whatever happens, Im up and running again for my next girl:) Thanks for stopping by and will catch up soon.. Have a good one, Smokemupm8:welcome:

Cheers Springa:) Glad ya got my back!
But yeah theres 2 in there Ill let em grow til a few inches and cull the weakest looking one. I am going for a mostly CFL Veg nxt time, Ill bring em up to a couple of ft and then go to the 400w MH.
I have to make sure I do a better job next grow setting her out, and be a little more patient with the training. But yeah I have good hopes for my nxt girl:) Well if I get a girl... Take it easy mate, have agood one and will drive by soon.. Later, Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom