Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Thanks heaps GUYS!!
I appreciate it all, and the fact that I managed to get a pound from a 4.5x4.5ft plant is really amazing.. As I said she didnt make massive cola's but the buds were good and alot of them. More than I thought weight wise for sure - I thought 8 oz at MOST!!!
She was a great surprise.. I had more growth down the branches so most of her 4.5 ft had some alright buds on it that werent tiny and not finished up. Once I was half way thru her - I realised how much Id trimmed!!

2013-03-15_13_02_13.jpg

That was 3ft x 2ft and the pile of nugs was bout 4 inches solid across plus the cola's at the top, 2 cola's I weighed dry were 21.6g, so she was rather solid and I dried her better this time she wasnt too dried out. Storing in freezer I do not believe is too good. Sometimes if the bud is just on dry it will crumble and dry out in freezer. not always but its happened to friends.

Few more final harvest pics of Kiksumass.. R.I.P in my P.I.P.E :)

2013-03-14_22_08_06.jpg
2013-03-15_10_22_00.jpg
2013-03-14_18_40_48.jpg

2013-03-15_11_29_49.jpg

This was the amount of bud I removed from a branch, there was minimal branch - and more buds, in comparison, I wasnt taking much stem off it was just snipping apart the buds from the stems and soon I had a pile like this. Mostly it was larger!!
Still I am happier with the strength, taste and the length of feel of stone.. Over Cindy's, She was probably left too long and also with her probs didnt help her much. So this is a better smoke over all and the buds are still pungeant. I probably would have pulled more than 1 pound from Cindy for sure - Just shattered i cant prove that - All i have are photos and one of me holding the whole plant up beside me weighing 2.3kg - That was mostly large cola weight!

Thank you Springa;) Thats very humbling of you to say mate...:thanks:
Well yeah, everyone has different spaces etc; to grow in and in mine, i COULD grow 2 plants side by side vertically, But Id end up with them growing into each other unless I kept them smaller. So the only thing Id gain is 2 different strains - which is good dont get me wrong, but I am happy with a good quality smoke for ever and a day - I dont discriminate as long as it duz the job for me..
So for ease of growing I do a single plant, its enuf maintenance for me with a single girl, 2 would be hectic! Im doin my best with my current grow Lucy, she is getting better daily, but isnt as well formed as past 2 girls ue to broken stem.
1 pound should not be hard for you to achieve - I have faith that just about ANYONE using the same method I have, and in a large enough space, they can do 1lb + grows..
I am now setting out for over 1lb grows, as I know what Cindy possibly could have ended her total weight with.. So over 1lb I got from Kiksum and she was grown a smaller size and shorter time ( only about 2.5 weeks shorter I think )
At first and well into flower i doubted id reach over 8 oz, let alone 16.5 oz.. It just came down to the sheer amount of bud sites and size of buds allowed to grow in the space I cleared for them by removing more leaves than prior grows, I was aggressive and it MAY have slowed her, but I just think that its cos I flipped her at just over 2ft, as oposed to 3.5 - nearly 4ft... It does make a difference too!!??
Thanks for all the help and great comments too been good having ya around Springa! You can do a pound mate;) I HAVE FAITH.. Chat soon, Smokemup

Thanks mate:)) Hope she does as well as Kiksum if not better... See how things go ay! Cheers for droppin in mate. Later bud, Smokemup

Been reading your journal on Kiksom , that is as good of an indoor plant as anyone could hope for. I'm doing a four plant grow, four weeks old atm. Going to do a SCROG, and after seeing your LST method I think I can do that before the screen goes on. Going to give it a try anyway. Great journal, thanks for sharing.

Thanks buddy;)
Yeah I think my method would be perfect for a SCROG set up. Just veg it until its set out enough branches and into about 2-3ft of height then add the screen, train the plant thru that and then youll have multiple cola's and more sites to move into positions.. More buds:)
Cheers for your comments ay mate! Hope it goes well.. Smokemup

Yes you must make your out door grow rooms/ structures solid in case of things like that or just general wear n tear..
Ive grown in a hot house/ greenhouse before, not scrog tho, I hadnt even done an LST at that time! But yes we had great results in that and a friends one he made worked wonders.. I like em, using clear PVC in panels up top is good IMO - thats what a mate did..

Thanks LED;)
Yeah, She did well for me.. And I had thought due to her height of 4.5ftx4.5ft she d not give me 8oz dry - But she was denser than Id anticipated and half way thru the trim I knew I was doing a bit better than planned..
I used my 600w HPS for the last 6 weeks or so of flower I think, I was hoping to build larger cola's but most were about 1ft max in length, half as long as Cindy's before.
Cheers for your kind words and any thing youd like to know about my grow just ask, but theres a bit of info in all my journals about various things, Take care buddy, Chat soon Smokemup

INDEED.. I needed Miwa s FOCUS words yelled at me frequently during last grow..
Should have done what I was intending, like now, with Lucy, unfortunately she snapped a branch - But is recovering well.
Thanks for stopping in guys and its not beyonf your means if you have space Led.. Catch ya, Smokemup

Well I call it "CRAZY COLA CONTROL "...
I make my bitches work. If I had enough space Id make over 1.5pound p/plant x however many plants = ALOT OF BUDS!! Id like to eventually have the room to do a tandem grow at least - So I have 2 strains p/harvest.
But one day I hope to grow our maximum limit ( 3 ) plants and have them at 6ft each x 5ft or so wide. 4+ pounds per harvest would mean Id only need a couple of harvests a year to keep me well stocked of meds.. If it wasnt for weed - I dont know how Id cope. I dont take anything else and when I get anxiety n stuff in public ( yes i kno its a side effect of weed:) ) I need it to wind down and also to help sleep. Some nights, if it werent for a few cones I wouldnt sleep..
While weed gives me some mild side effects I can manage it - tho I have had 2 friends end up with Schizophrenia, sadly,. that really sucks..
Anyways cheers peeps,. Take care, Smokemup

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom