Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Hey guys,
Well Lucy is going along nicely, i am excited at her rate of growth, not sure if she will finish up faster than my previous girls, but its looking that way atm?? I mean she s yellowing alot of lower fans, and now soon she will be left with just the ones she needs I guess, sugar leaves etc; Theyre looking nice and green still, where as the other large fans are a lighter shade of green, they maybe in the early stages of dying off?
Anyways, from looking at her main branches theres 14/15 of them all with lots of nice buds building up, the top canopy is also sorting itself out some what as the leaves also are dying off on the inner branchings:) Ive removed a few yellow leaves lately over past couple weeks, along with about 10 branches that werent gunna do anything but waste the plants time. ( I hear cloners sigh )
So now Im able too fully assess her potential for good yield, well if these cola s get to at least the same size as my last grows I should get close to the same numbers weight wise. I still have 6 Oz left from last harvest - Out of 16.5 :/ see my dilemma!! Oh, hang on, I did lend out 4oz til my mates harvest, so whats that - 6 oz in a couple months AGAIN!!! Crazy shit.. I am still getting stoned from the weed so - I guess thats something??
Lucy s formation is interesting, she has certain things that are slightly different to most plants Ive grown actually, Ive had the purple - but that was an actual purple strain, but the amount of trichs and the weird shaped "sex pistil" ( the one on the stem and branch joint ) showing the 2 white pistils. Theyre actually inverted or curved and are purple and orange?? WEIRD?? I know I keep sayin it but sumthin with a purp in it would make me smile, but I guess the THC content is the main factor we aim for.. I watched a Pootube of the earths strongest strains and think the top was about 26% THC, So if what Im toking is say - 15%THC, then that means theres a 11% strength increase in the stone /feel of the weed. GIMME DAT S%^T!!:) But I honestly thought that the THC levels in certain strains wouldve been more than that, But no, and I think maybe CBN or whatever it is plays a factor in the strength of the smoko.. Or I could be really baked right now and WAYYY off track...
But yeah, anyways, back to my Lucy.. She has the potential to do well, But I dont know if I should strip out more leaves from her or not as I dont want to stress her much more as Ive given her a trimming fairly hectically other day.
Where the breakage occurred as Ive said before, it made her send out alot of smaller shoots that crowded together - they are going to give buds, but I cant separate them, I was going to cut them off too but Ill leave them in case this leaf dropping continues, she may actually clear out all the useless leaves herself and do it at the right time for me!
She has a totally even top canopy, with lots of sites, its just - will they grow to a size over 3-5g ea?? Im doing my best, she is not gaining height now, Im pretty sure she s stopped, so I was thinking of stripping leaves out but IDK - what do you guys think??

* Minor Update *
Was perusing my girl today removing her dead yellowed leaves, theres about a hand full each day now.. Anywa, while looking at the trichs thru my 40xscope, I came upon some orange pistils:) Which tells me she is certainly going to be finishing a bit sooner than anticipated.
Her buds I think will be more small and chunky as opposed to large and fluffy.. Its still speculation at this point, I see great growth from her its just I am uncertain how large her top canopy will grow - I need this to grow ok for me to get a good yield, good cola's and about 1.5ft deep of top canopy should see me hit the pound mark - But again - I dont know this strain, so SHIT MAY JUST GO DOWN HILL:( I could end up with a 4-5oz yield??
If that were the case Im in some shit, thatll mean no break between grows, AGAIN - and Ill have to try to make that one yield over the 1lb mark. Its almost getting to the point where Im gunna do some DIY, build a box 7ftx7ft,split into two - 3.5ft sections and grow 2 beasts - a 4ft Veg marker - hoping for 2+ ft stretch bringing you close to 7ft. I can do this if I like, I have the spare ballasts/lighting etc; its just I didnt want to, I am pretty sure that with my technique I can yield over a pound every time - but maybe the snappping of the main stem early really caused probs? IDK.. As I said - this is the time where Im all anxious as to my yield. I know what I can do - given good strains so its FINGAZ Crossd again peeps!!
Thanks to those of you who took the time to drop by my journal, I know its not exciting as what these othrs are doing, BUt I wil push on doing what I do - and hey, I placed 3rd in NOTM last month so Im a happy chappy enuf for that alone! That says to me, of all who saw these magnificent grows, they voted for my plants buds over some others. THATS PHENOMINAL... PROUD MUCH:) Take care my friends and I hope I can have some more buds for you to look at in another month or so - or if Lucy has her way, she ll finish up in a week or so:) lol
ADIOS AMIGOS _ MUCHOS GRACIOUS.. Smokemup:welcome::thanks:

Hey Springa:)
Good to see you again!! Thanks for stopping in buddy..
Lucy is growing well, she s finishing up pretty fast and is now at peak production flower wise, shes starting to pack on trichs and flowers are now turning into bud.
Ive had to assess her growth from above, by looking down onto what the light is reaching and have trimmed and positioned her to suit. Some leaves were removed and from what I can tell all the main cola's will have good light coverage and down about 1.5 ft ish into the canopy should grow some alright nugs, I will lose some growth that wont grow much, but nothing I could do to avoid that.
And since she s moving so quick into flower - she s got me guessing as to the size of bud she can produce, I may have a shitty strain that only puts out a few chunky buds here n there who knows?? So yeah, now Im packed full of anxiety as usual around this time in my grows.. Gotta have some self belief or faith in my plants! Take it easy Springa, and Ill drop by soon.. Catch ya, Smokemup

Cheers Springa;)
Yah she s lookin ok, I am seeing growth daily for certain, her buds are starting to grow into each other on the cola's, and the top canopy is starting to form.
I was gunna strip her right back, But I am kind of going with an idea that leaving a certain amount of fan leaf on will help increase the size of the buds above them? Not sure if it will work out that way - But it seems on some plants Ive seen that if theyre left with adequate fans, there is good sized buds growing along that branch. And also as was evident with Cindy where I left more leaf on her, she was a beast. I know its a different strain and this plant may not have the growing capabilities of the C99.
But theres hope still for my plant - I mean, if I look at her base,and its stem size, her roots and her actual size over all - 5ft Hx4.5ftwx2.5ftD, It may just turn out like last grow with Kiksumass.
I was under guessing her by 8 Oz and when Id trimmed my first 2 branches I had a pile of bud that I knew that my guess was gunna be under what she actually grew.. Hoping that is the same, she s under the 600W and now that some leaf has died and been trimmed light does get thru to the lower 1/3rd but its fairly filtered, So can only hope the top 2/3rds again performs well. Im loviing the trichs:) Theyre abundant and just her bud growth rate atm im hoping to do ok.. Thanks for dropping in Springa and all else;)
It means alot - Have a good one guys!!! Be good or good at it! Smokemup...:welcome:

* FLOWERTIME PICS - LUCY, I LOVE LUCY:) *

Hey guys,
Again I have another set of blurred stripey pics of my gal.. WOW!! I hear you all say.... lol. But some turned out ok, I hope youll be able to make out her growth and some gains in her buds.
She s doing ok, I have to be faithful that she will return the love I gave her in buds;) And also, Im getting down on my Cindy stash, I wanted to have at least 5-6oz to store away, but I may only end up with 4 ish, pending on how long Lucy takes to finish up. And unless its the BPN, it may be soon! Id be very impressed if she has this growth and still manages to punch out alot more and flower for another 30+ days.
No sure on this, she s only a few weeks into flower as is.. Well here s a couple snaps for now guys:

2013-05-27_11_07_06.jpg
2013-05-27_11_06_49.jpg
2013-05-27_11_06_43.jpg
2013-05-27_11_07_13.jpg
2013-05-27_11_07_46.jpg
2013-05-27_11_08_16.jpg
2013-05-27_11_11_39.jpg
2013-05-27_11_11_08.jpg
2013-05-27_11_10_57.jpg
2013-05-27_11_06_16.jpg
2013-05-27_11_05_56.jpg

Well hope you guys liked my Lucy so far, hoping to have some nice harvest pics this time - maybe even with some purple in them!!!! Take care peeps:) Smokemup:welcome:

THANK YOU INVI:):)
Yeah, Lucy is doing well and I am counting on my technique to pull thru in the end - she is definately starting to gain size on her top canopy of bud now so Im just hoping they continue to do so and now each cola has nearly all buds connected now.
I am thinking that this strain is likely to kill off its leaves as it matures negating the need for me to remove much more foliage, as theres still nice green lush growth but no buds there forming, and where the buds are growing the fan leaves are slowly dropping off as each bud grows.
A bit hesiitant to trim any more leaf from her, as she has about the same amount as most my plants do, so again its fingaz x'd and hoping that she duz her thing.. Cheers for dropping by Invi, Ill have to do a drive by over ur way too soon!! Take care and chat soon mate. Smokemup:thanks:

I'd only cut off leaves if they cast a shade on a nice potential bud, block air movement from vent, or water loss is too quick in high temps.
Anyway i can sacrifice a few gramms to let her do her thing :)

Oww and i must not forget to buy those sticky tapes bugs love so much...

LOl.. Yeah well my white fly problem was sorted in about 1 week! I have a few F/gnats buzzin around here n there but theres not enuf to fuss over..
And well I stripped all the leaves off her I am going to take now, what she has on her now is what she ll have til harvest. I removed most of the yellowing leaves from her and it opened up some more space for lighting, and this mornig the cola's look alot more promising:)
After her feed yesterday she mustve perked a bit and is going thru a bloom atm I d say.. Hoping she will continue to bulk up and will give me least 10 Oz dry?? Wow it sounds like such a challenge when I say that now :/
Cheers for dropping in Buddy, take it easy and will chat soon. Smokem:thumb:

I know MIwa,
Ill gladly take the 16.5 Oz again as I got last harvest - its just I always go thru this paranoia stage, but she is doing nicely and Im kind of getting a little more keen on the fact that she ll get to the mythical pound:)
She has 14/15 cola's and theyre gaining in size so thats all I can ask for now Im feeding her plenty of BPN she will either gimme a pound or nute burn to death!!
Cheers mate and I hope you get your massive SCROGGIN mission all under way!! We shall both reap the rewards of our love for GANJA;);)
Grow me green girlies... grow!!!!!!!! Later mater, chat soon, Smokemup:high-five:

:rofl: Thanks Invi - I willl be sure to post my excess NUGGAGE over to ya!
I think that the postal workers here would probably pinch it and roll up a spliff after work the pricks:) But yeah the challenge will be getting to over a pound again, I am hoping Ive done enough, I have enough sites for good growth - it just depends on this strains capabilities for production/size, she is bigger than my last grow in height, but the C99xPr I knew could grow some big cola's - so hoping for close to the same from this gal.
Cheers for stopping by mate, always good to have some great ppl around;) Be Cool.. Imma finish watching Grandma's Boy n get me baked some more -_- Catch ya, Smokemup

Imma finish watching Grandma's Boy n get me baked some more -_- Catch ya, Smokemup

Muha, have a nice time :)
I have faith in her, major fattening is ahead!

Yeah she is looking good i guess:) I just had another staring session now my eyes are like O-o IM BLINDED!! But I am liking the growth of her colas, her top canopy will be average at best, theres so much crowding due the snapping of the stem during Veg, it did sprout me 3 main branches but all in all, Ive actually lost branch sites due too that as it didnt get to reach as much growth as the rest so since day 1 after the breakage its been playing catchup, thats why I had the eery feeling of a lower yield weight...
My feelings tend to be accurate - sometimes im astray, But mostly I hit the nail on the head before i raise the hammer... Just counting on this strains capacity to produce large cola's, its an unknown so all is uncharted territiory for me with no rough expectation?
Lucy s pistils are changing to orange gradually, If I read her growth from this, I estimate as I said in a post before, she will shed herself of most leaves and only neccessary leaves on bud sites will be left come harvest.
I Know they do this naturally, But this is more noticeable and is looking to be the case, so as her buds grow the leaves above die off and drop and then the buds have more lighting, Id say she does still have around 4 weeks left or there abouts. From this Im hoping that she will have mainly clear bud sites recieving more lighting than before hopefully enabling them to bulk up towards end of cycle?
Ill have to take some pics from above soon that hopefully will give you some perspective as to what I mean.
Thanks for dropping in and will chat soon.. Cheers, Smokemup:welcome:

Hi everyone:)
Hope youre all going ok... Things have been all go here atm, Im now just watching and hoping these buds continue to bulk up like they are - in a matter of 24hrs, the buds can have upto nearly 1" of growth on some of the branches.
She is all but bare of buds, theres more so now smaller leaves on her aside from the larger fans Ive left on each main branches top, the first say 6 inches ofthe cola's have all grown into each other now, forming the starts of what i HOPE will give me some solid - close to 12" cola's.
Her top canopy of buds, are finally starting to grow too, im predicting that they will do the same as the tops and once theyre fully exposed start to swell and reach their potential. MAN SHE HAS GOT SOME BLING!!! Her trichs shine among the few orange pistils in her bud they are also increasing in amount;)
Her soil is basically all consumed now by roots I think and she may even be rootbound to a degree in her 35L pot, as Ive been watering her near her base, just like a tree - she s grown these huge, thick white roots that come out of the soil at the tops and then sink down into the soil again - they look healthy, no fungus or such but before when I watered her I exposed this thick root close to 1" in diameter just beside the others!!
The soil mix was very airy from the start so I think her roots have just gone BOOM and the soil never really held water as well as my other batches, So now Im thinking as im seeing some slight Defic. symptoms on dying leaves, that Im going to be just feeding her with lesser amount but twice a day on her schedule feed day, cos atm, you water and most of it drains all straight back out holding minimal water around the roots.. So she just may need to be fed this way to keep her happy and able to surround the roots with enough fluids to absorb over the day..
My girl looks like she COULD hit the pound marker for me if she has it in her to bulk these cola's up abit over its last 3-4 weeks, IDK for certain her flower period, she looks like she s around this area, I havent grown a plant that has shed so much of its foliage and is kind of like looking at stems and buds with a few sparkly sugar leaves?? Has anyone had similar happen to their plants late in flower? Ive seen some Pineapple chunk I think it was-that had mainly chunky calyx packed buds and stems with minimal foliage. Tho I am not sure if some extra ones had been trimmed off it but it looked like my Lucy a little.. Id be happy if she stacked on these calyxes like some of those PC i saw : YUMMY :
Ok, well thanks for stopping in guys, I appreciate all of you and your help, suggestions along each of my grows. I am still learning too and theres people out there who are doing some awsum grows with minmal effort/outlay.. For my next girl, I have worked out that Im going to have to change a couple of things So that I hopefully will get a maximum yield from the plant. Ive picked my next 2 seeds already - theyre both dark brown, like the one I culled when Lucy popped.. So we will see how these short spacing noded plants grow!
I thought it may be smaller plant as it was very well developed and shorter with lots of nodes in only a couple weeks.
When I pop em in the dirt Ill let ya s know ok...
Take care guys!! Catch up with you all soon, SMOKEMUP:welcome::thanks::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom