Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Hey Miwa,
Yeah thats cool, my Lucy is doing well and I dont think that petting her in my 35L is too soon, as she s now gaining size daily, and her roots were down to the base of her previous pot.
As im using sunlight for half my hours the pots soil mix dries in 24-48 hrs so I dont have any probs with that atm, But i will be sure to monitor it anyway:thumb:
You should have space to attach rubber coated wire, as I use or similar to the top tip of the plant, and just gradually pull it across every other day or so, you ll notice it will slow in growth or so it seems, But what is happening is the plant is creating more Apical tops, So in no time the lower branch shoots will all begin to thicken and resemble the initial main stem, multiplied by how ever many shoots you have - you should end up with 12 or more Apical tops or main cola's.. Lucy has some large fan leaves mate:):) Im EXCITED!!
Kiksum is STILL finishing up.. Man she is slow, I need to pull her but am not touching her before she s done. I am tokin on a small under devleoped nug atm, shitty smell until touched then she lets rip with her pungeant odor.. Its just strong enuf to feel hangin above your eyebrows but not as chesty as when Cindy was finished but this was from a under developed bud tho.. So hope the buds are nice.
Take it easy mate and will chat soon. Smokemup

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY AFTER TRANSPLANT *

Helo everyone, hope all is well.. Just thought Id put up a couple of pics of my lil girl Lucy, well she s not so little now and is starting to gain size now, she has been put in her final pot ( 35L ) and hope that soon I can put her in my Grow space once Kiksum is done.
Kiksum seems to be taking her time in finishing up hoping it will be done soon - I dont want to pull her early, her pistils still have abit to go as new calyxes are popping up with fresh white pistils so she may take the 75 days to finish:( Was hoping about 62 like Cindy but she s on that now. Anyway heres a couple of my new girl - Lucy:

2013-03-09_12_39_29.jpg
2013-03-09_12_39_43.jpg

She has enough space between nodes for me to begin the LST today, Ive set out in my mind how she will be positioned and I think this will be better positioned than Kiksumass, same size pots just this time Im trying to set her out better.
Thanks for taking the time to drop in:):) Take care guys and will hopefully have some harvest pics soon??? Later all - Smokemupm8

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY AFTER TRANSPLANT *

Helo everyone, hope all is well.. Just thought Id put up a couple of pics of my lil girl Lucy, well she s not so little now and is starting to gain size now, she has been put in her final pot ( 35L ) and hope that soon I can put her in my Grow space once Kiksum is done.
Kiksum seems to be taking her time in finishing up hoping it will be done soon - I dont want to pull her early, her pistils still have abit to go as new calyxes are popping up with fresh white pistils so she may take the 75 days to finish:( Was hoping about 62 like Cindy but she s on that now. Anyway heres a couple of my new girl - Lucy:

2013-03-09_12_39_29.jpg
2013-03-09_12_39_43.jpg

She has enough space between nodes for me to begin the LST today, Ive set out in my mind how she will be positioned and I think this will be better positioned than Kiksumass, same size pots just this time Im trying to set her out better.
Thanks for taking the time to drop in:):) Take care guys and will hopefully have some harvest pics soon??? Later all - Smokemupm8

Beautiful girl ther Smoke , make her proud to be down under and under some good lst mate , Peace OG.

yep..i'm using some ties i got at the craft shop..they look like colored pipe cleaners..real fuzzy like..what about topping ??...you gonna top..i got a white shark thats branching so much..she came from a reveg clone..so far i can't do nothing but let her grow straight up..shes branching so fast her side shoots got 2 nodes...shes only 2 inches tall man.:)

yep..i'm using some ties i got at the craft shop..they look like colored pipe cleaners..real fuzzy like..what about topping ??...you gonna top..i got a white shark thats branching so much..she came from a reveg clone..so far i can't do nothing but let her grow straight up..shes branching so fast her side shoots got 2 nodes...shes only 2 inches tall man.:)
I use them with excellent results for LST and are longer, softer, and less expensive than pipe cleaners...they are made of chenille..:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Looking very nice there Mr. Smoke like the little one coming along very nice. As for the LST many ways to do it I find for myself personally that the plastic coated wire from hydrofarm 2.49 for like 100 plus yards and fishing line works for me I can adjust and add any length I want and as many as I want, little different in the smart pots though but still working at this point, case in point Sugar Punch about 8 ties on her and 32 days into flower these sativa's are all new to me.

2013_update_00212.JPG

2013_update_00312.JPG

2013_update_00411.JPG

2013_update_0067.JPG

Peace mate awesome grow looking forward to two more months of flower on mine 61 days left, OG

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCYs FIRST DAY OF LST *

Hey guys, Thanks for all the posts;) I tethered Lucy yesterday and overnight she pushed one base branch up about 1.5 inches and is already forming her Apical top:):) Not bad for barely 16hrs of light a day!
Now I use rubber coated gardening wire, its re useable over and over and doesnt dig into the plants stems as they grow.. I just put holes all around the top of the pot and position each branch accordingly as it grows.
Ok , well here s her latest pics!

2013-03-10_10_48_48.jpg
2013-03-10_10_48_39.jpg
2013-03-10_10_48_27.jpg

This plant is gunna be a beast.. Im fairly confident Ill beat Cindy s harvest with this plant as long as I can get her under my MH soon enough, hope fully Kiksum will be finished in couple days.
She is still pushing out new calyxes, much as Cindy did prior to harvest, so once she s finished pushing out the new calyxes and their pistils turn orange she shouldnt be far from being pulled.
Im giving her over 14hrs dark a day now.. She s basically dry in the pot, will water a little tomorrow and that all before I harvest I hope?
Take care guys, chat soon and thanks for stopping in.. Smokemup

Yep, rubber coated gardening wire is the BEST for LST. You can cut to any length, and bend it and it doesnt cut into stems:) Your girls lookin good to mate!! Abit more advanced than my latest girl, but in a week or 2 I should kind of be looking similar but I am setting out differently tho.
Thanks for coming by and also for the pics:) Good one! Take it easy, Smokemup..

Nah, No topping Miwa..
Ive already started her LST, its been overnight so far, I set her out yesterday and today she has started to send out an opposing base branch as an Apical top so she moves quickly this one!!!
And I removed one fan leaf, for lighting below it, and it has a smell already - nothing strong, just a faint hint of ganja:) Hope she s a potent one!!
So yeah, well pick out a girl you think will be a good sized plant come maturity, Im sure we wont be much apart growth wise anyway a week or so either way is no drama?? THE END RESULT IS WHAT WE WANT:):) ;) Tokin...
I need Kiksumass to finish up, she s gettin more than 12 hr dark now trying to speed her up but she looks to go thru a bloom atm, just like Cindy did prior to harvest. She just had a big bloom before finishing up and Kiksum's main stacks ahve gained width up top now with fresh calyxes and white pistils.. So its a waiting game atm.. CHeers for this little 1lb project - WE WILL LEAD THE WAY INTO MASSIVE BUDS FOR ONE AND ALL:) Cya mate, Smokemup

NO NO NO HO'z!!! Rubber coated gardening wire!! Lol.. I rekn you guys just like the colors of the pipe cleaner wires:) Get baked n trip on all the pretty colors:rofl::rofl:
But yeah, I just dont like em as Ive seen my brother do em too tight and they ended up embedded in the stems cos he didnt remove them as the plant grew.. Twit!!
So Ive always used the rubber wire, I get 40m for $3.. And once I put holes around the pot the wires go in well and easy to bend and also can join to other wires if needed too;) BUT IM NOT TELLIN YA WHAT TO DO.. If it aint broken, dont fix it!!

Mr Sandman auchan - YouTube

Mr. Smokem, bring me a bud (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make it the biggest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give her hairs and crystals all over (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell her that the lonesome nights are over.
Mr Smokem, I'm so alone
Don't have no buds to call my own
Please turn on your magic vape
Mr. Smokem, lets get baked.

(scat "bung, bung, bung, bung, ...")

Mr. Smokem, bring me a bud (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Make it the biggest that I've ever seen (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Give her hairs and crystals all over (bung, bung, bung, bung)
Then tell her that the lonesome nights are over.
Mr Smokem, I'm so alone
Don't have no buds to call my own
Please turn on your magic vape
Mr. Smokem, lets get baked.

(scat "bung, bung, bung, bung, ...")

Mr. Smokem (male voice: "Yesss?") bring us a bud
Give her trichs with that "come-hither and smoketh" gleam
Give her a piney scent like the outdoors
And lots of wavy hair just like Cindy
Mr Smokem, some buds to hold? (and smoke too)
Would be so peachy before we're too old
So please turn on your magic bong
Mr Smokem, bring us, please, please, please
Mr Smokem, bring us a NUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Very Observant Young Jedi master - Noticing the cut fan leaf;) !!
And yeah whatever you choose to go with is your call, whichever is looking to be a worthy candidate.. In regard to the Veg period, I will be going for height of about 3.5/4ft, So Im not really focussing on time, that is where I went wrong with this grow, Vegging her at 2ft ( a shorter Veg time than Cindy ) only by 2 weeks or so..
We arent here to compete against each other but more to show that basic fundamentals and minimal work you can get large harvest weights in 16 weeks, If one of girls is lagging behind, all good, it happens but Im confident we shall reign supreme!!:):) GANJA GROWING GODS...
Take care mate cheers for doing this with me its a little added incentive to do things right and simply and hopefully do as we set out.
Chat soon Miwa, Later buddy.. Smokemup

:rofl::rofl: LOL - AWSUM JIMMY!!! :rofl::rofl:
Thats some funny shit bro:) Made me piss myself - not literally but you know.. Its not everyday I get a song about me, So its quite HUMBLING mate:)!!
Ill record it burn it and play it in my car.. Hows things on your side of the fence mate? Hope all is going good for ya. Man, Im baked as atm, cant really focus on the keyboard - blurry a bit? THANKS FOR THE MAD POST:) Youre a gun, always crack me up. Take care be good or good at it. LAter bro, Smokemup

4 feet it is...i guess i shouldn't LST so hard..by the way..i've never grew a 4 ft plant inside before..but again this is only my 2nd inside grow...i always grew in the ground..gotta go check on the Boss..shes should be close to 4..today i'll pick my pound plant..but quite as its kept..i plan to make them all produce a lb...i wish i had a Critical Mass sprout..i got one in flower..i thought i had a clone..maybe i got a seed somewhere...today i'm strapped..i got seeds...sprouts...and clones to pot..hey its summer time..i'm setting up to have a continous twice a month harvest..hey..what about the growers that sell to the dispen...do they pay taxes ??

Back
Top Bottom