Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Hey Ho'z.. Good to hear from ya buddy..
Yeah, sure was a seed. I noticed a slight deformation in her 3 finger leaf, some times Ill see one of them at early veg - She kinda sprouted funny so thats why I think she did that but will hopefully return to normal growth soon.
My mates new outdoor plant started out with deformed leaves and only grew 3 and 5 finger leaves til he topped it, and then it blew up but still, she put out weird 3 finga leaves n fives rather than 7 or 9?? It may be unstable genetics or the cross of strains, IDK for sure, but his is into flower now and is looking promising smells to high heaven already and its only just started to show some flower formation!! I may have been lucky to be growing the same type of seed, as this is the same guy I got my last few seeds from - out of his bud. He dont know the strains either so it sucks abit but I am hoping to do well with her.
Thanks for stopping in Ho'z... Hows your Majik Garden of Green going?? Should be getting pretty squashy in there:):) Later bro, Smokemup..

NO OG... IM JUST ONE LUCKY SUNNA VA GUN WHEN IT COMES TO GIRLS:):):)
What are Cotyledon leaves?? Are they the 2 lil spikey ones I mentioned before, next to where the pre hairs come from the single calyx showing its sex??? Or are they the distorted 3 finga leaves???
And if theyre the lil spikey ones, thats what I mean, She seemed rather fast developing - and I liked her form. Is this the pre-cursor to a female plant? Or is it something usually seen in Hydro at this age??
Sorry I am yet to learn the meaning of " Cotyledon " :( PLZ INFORM THE YOUNG JEDI.... lol..
Thanks to both of you for the kind words and hope to have something decnt from her if she stays on board the Smokemup tour:)
Later mate, Smokemup:thanks::welcome:

Oh ok.... Dont you mean in Pic 3?? The first round initail leaves - I call them thumb leaves, as they kinda look like someone s thumb stickin up:)
But yeah, theyre the first that appear, then the rest of the plant grows out from them once they open up.
And she s put out a few levels already and is gaining size daily, starting to look like a winner to me;);) Reach for the sky tiny Ganja plant - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
1 Pound Indoor Soil grow BPN fed 15 weeks - LUCKY LUCY.. My next journal:)
Cheers, later OG.. Smokemup

* PHOTO UPDATE - KIKSUMASS DAY 57 OF FLOWER *

Hurry hurry hurry, Step right up introducing the star of our show her name is: Kiksum.. And with out further ado, I bring to you - My lil flowering girl:):)
She should be finished up within a week I thinkin' so hopefully she will bulk up a bit more before then. I fed her with some Seasol Powerfeed and extra potassium, I wasnt gunna - BUT STUFF IT:) I thought since she got minimal leaves that she may have been a little low on food supply, so she got a small feed. Water after couple days then let her dry and hope she ll be ready for harvest!!

2013-03-03_20_47_41.jpg
2013-03-03_20_47_17.jpg
2013-03-03_20_47_02.jpg
2013-03-03_20_46_56.jpg
2013-03-03_20_46_33.jpg
2013-03-03_20_46_28.jpg

Well heres my slow growing girl itching for harvest time.. Take care guys, Smokemup.

so removing leaves stunts growth...i thought you knew...what i don't know is if Xing leaves affect buds......don't think so...hey ..Lucy looks good...i got a Hash Plant her size...only thing is...she was born 10/4/12..shes in my J...started out in a 2L...she would'nt grow...i put her in a 5 gal DWC...she still wouldn't grow...now i have her in a small pot..shes alive and growing...her sister..after a 4 month veg is in flower...about 3 feet tall...they were both free seeds...i was going to have a compare grow...water vs dirt...

so removing leaves stunts growth...i thought you knew...what i don't know is if Xing leaves affect buds......don't think so...hey ..Lucy looks good...i got a Hash Plant her size...only thing is...she was born 10/4/12..shes in my J...started out in a 2L...she would'nt grow...i put her in a 5 gal DWC...she still wouldn't grow...now i have her in a small pot..shes alive and growing...her sister..after a 4 month veg is in flower...about 3 feet tall...they were both free seeds...i was going to have a compare grow...water vs dirt...

It is very strange how some plants will just thrive and other wont when being fed and treated the same as the others, MIne were the same way and three are doing very well, not sure wehat it is but I am gong to harvest some buds, Peace OG

Hi Kushmaster:):)
How are you?? I believe this is our first interaction yeah?? Thanks for stopping by and hope you like the looks of my nugs so far.. She shouldnt have much more time left, this strain said it may have upto 75 day flower period, but my last finished up about day 64? Im at day 58 atm, so maybe over a week left or so, she is starting to gain weight and buds are now about 90% orange with pistils.
She still has one more bloom I rekn and she ll be done, wanting her just as she starts to turn some trichs amber,5% ish.. Wont be leaving her as long as Cindy, but this is doing nearly everything identical growth wise and how they finished up.
Just hope I can pull over 8oz dry..
Cheers for stopping in and take it easy mate!:thumb: Smokmeup

Yeah well I did know that heavy trimming may slow her down, But as Cindy grew she was so dense that the inner bud shoots barely rgew so the large more prominent positioned branches took on the bulk growth.
And I was fairly heavy with her trimming, but I was more aggressive this time - I also had to state that there was 1 thing I did alter, Her Veg height. Cindy was flipped at 4ft, vs Kiksum @ near 3ft..
I just should have left more fan leaves on her so she would of had more opportunites to store nutes and use them correctly, this next grow Lucy, I will have a good stock of BPN food for my girl:) So hoping she will have all she needs to pull a pound:):)
Its a bit strange why your girl wouldnt grow? This is why I make my soil the same as, or as close to the same as I was shown and I believe that the soil is more beneficial to a plants growth than with DWC/Hydro. Sure the nutes still get to the plant but naturally they grow well in soil and this is why I will always use it. I dont know if this has anything to do with my 99% female sprout rate - Espec. as I am not getting Fem. seeds and theyre all unknown bagseed most of the time. IDK half the time what or where theyre from!!
But I still pop out chicks:): ALL GOOD - IM A PIMP!! But I dont sell my girls, I keep em for me;) Thanks again MIWA - Youre a champ.. Chat soon ok bro. Smokemup:thanks::welcome:

Oh yeah ok cool thanks for that. Ive never heard of Colytedone leaves befoe so it threw me alittle:)
But yeah, I have only tried clones/cuttings once but I gave them to a friend as I wasnt EDU-MACATED ENUF TO GRO EM!!
Lucy is going to be a very interesting grow... Hope I can crack my ' 1 pound p/plant indoor,soil grow, 400w BPN fed plant - Lucy ' mark. This will be my next journals name or there abouts anyways..
I am Vegging til 4ft then going for the 1 pound mark buddy.. Gotta have goals ay!! Cindy would if anything, have been maybe a quart oz or so short of a pound or just on 1 pound. I had to Guess-timate it from what I was left with, and what was stolen. I had 4 buds @ 6.5oz dry.
And then another 9 1.5ft buds then ALL the top canopy was about the size of fist each bud, So I lost about 2/3rds or 3/4's of my buds.
Lucy s Colytedone leaves are still hanging on, She is going to be really bushy, almost resembling Cindy at this stage, it will only be a few more days til she starts her first LST training:):) I LOVE THE CHRONIC!!! Thanks for all the drive by's lately OG - good to have you around and keep in touch;) Take care. SMokemupm8 :high-five:

I do believe soil is the best choice for growing weed. The contents of the soil mix you use may play a big role in how a plant grows/or doesnt!!
Now I kno Ill get bombed for this,IM NOT SAYING SOIL IS BETTER THAN HYDRO OR SUCH..
I just believe that if the soil is made adequately, the sprout should grow well with out much need to monitor or nutes, just water and the soil mix should give it good start.
Now as a predominantly soil grower, indoors, I can attest to my results - no one elses.. I am very confident that I can pull 1 pound p/plant in soil under 400w MH/HPS in 15 weeks. Now its 3 weeks longer than some Hydro cycles, but, Would you pull 1 pound off 1 plant in hydro in 12 weeks?? Without higher wattage light/super/monster cropping. Only LST??
I am not trying to sound pompous at all, I am genuinely interested in people s results.. And for ALL soil growers, I hope I can maybe inspire some to try my way and if they were only able to pull 6oz off a plant, Id love to be able to help them grow 16oz p/plant with minor changes to their set up ( height and width restrictions will affect it of course )

TAke care guys, Hope you all have great day!!! Get baked and chillax.. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ve Supported me!!! Smokemupm8:welcome::high-five:

Hi Kushmaster:):)
How are you?? I believe this is our first interaction yeah?? Thanks for stopping by and hope you like the looks of my nugs so far.. She shouldnt have much more time left, this strain said it may have upto 75 day flower period, but my last finished up about day 64? Im at day 58 atm, so maybe over a week left or so, she is starting to gain weight and buds are now about 90% orange with pistils.
She still has one more bloom I rekn and she ll be done, wanting her just as she starts to turn some trichs amber,5% ish.. Wont be leaving her as long as Cindy, but this is doing nearly everything identical growth wise and how they finished up.
Just hope I can pull over 8oz dry..
Cheers for stopping in and take it easy mate!:thumb: Smokmeup

Hey Smokemup! :laughtwo: I admit, I've been lurking here a little. And a "Yummy" smiley is a pretty sad attempt at a first interaction on my part. :rolleyes3

Your plant is looking impressive. Some of the best nugs I've seen on 420. :thumb:

I hope mine gets half as nice.

Cheers! Keep up the awesome work.

* PHOTO UPDATE - KIKSUMASS DAY 57 OF FLOWER

2013-03-03_20_47_02.jpg

Im quite baked, and, the buds reflection looks like a damn face, odd. :lot-o-toke:
Haha anyways looking good smokem!!! You have grown some fine chunky colas!!! :goodjob:
Cant wait to see more!!

Lol.. All good pal;)
Cheers for the kind words mate.... Ive done ok, Ive still seen and smoked BETTER than what Ive grown, But am also happy that most of the weed Ive done has been a BETTER SMOKE and stone!!!
This Cindy gives you at first a heady/spacey high for about 30 secs then on exhale you get her taste and it kinda comes over ontop of the light headedness, not too much couchlock - but I used to sleep well on it so that is good. Sometimes I awake at 3am and rip a cone to try sleep, well now with the shit I get I might as well smoke a bowl each night??
I will have to drop over mate and check out your setup:):) Take it easy mate, Thanks again.Smokemupm8:thumb:

:laugh::laugh: LOL:) Hey mate, How are ya? Nice to catch ya on my journal CA..
And I kinda see what youre saying:):) I looked at it a bit and could make out a facial image tho not like the guy with the picture of Jesus on his toast!!!
Still, I will tell you a story.. This is not a bullshit story, I still have the footage. Anyway, last year I was unfortunate to lose 4 friends, well 3 friends and a mates dad. Not a good year at all.. Anyway, not long after my mates dad passed - our home security camera's caught an image on it thats un explainable. It was an orb, not a tiny possible moth ( they cause illumination due to their wings ) sometimes small moths are mistaken for orbs, anyways, one night we had friends over, and they left here bout 12am. I went to bed before they left and I didnt feel good had some anxiety I guess youd describe it.. Well in the morning, I had a thought to check my cameras' for some reason so I switched it over and relayed the captured footage ( our system is a HIGH quality system, I can isolate and mask certain areas that dont move and ANYTHING that moves in that field it will record it, and motion detect, birds/cats trip it off all time. Well I watched the footage of our mates leaving and there was 44 seconds of footage, on the 44th second this orb, about the size of a a canteloupe, comes around the corner of our house and then passes the rear of the car. Then footage stops, it didnt keep recording as it would have if it was a cat or something this size in the area, but it didnt - in less than a second it moves about 10m. I believe this to be one of my friends - So MAYBE HE's HIDING IN MY BUDS:) Lol.. And if it was one of my mates in particular - Todd, thats where he d be sitting, IN THE BUDS!! lol.. But yeah, that is trippy, we subsequently then you tubed orbs n shit but there was only 1 I could say was similar to ours, and it also was captured on a CCTV camera. I believe that to be a genuine one, same as we saw. Others are possibly dodgy I mean, we bought this Ghost Sightings DVD, and it had some people showing how to make fake pics etc; so from that I got quite skeptical tho the claimed ACTUAL FOOTAGE, some of the actions/images captured are quite eerily similar to people who may have died i the place 100 yrs bak or shit like dat.. I think its cool..
Sorry bout the ramble, but Im baked atm too and that just came to mind when you said ya saw the face in there. TODD.. IF THATS YOU BRO - GUARD MY BUDS FOR ME WHEN I AM OUT!!! I need back up tho I wont be leaving this harvest un attended. I had about 2/3rds of a pound ripped from me last harvest:( ASSHOLES.. So my mate thanks for stoppin in anyway and if I keep my new sprout, I hope to have a pretty sweet grow:):) Take it easy bud. Smokemupm8:thumb:

Kicksum is looking really nice there Smoke!
Great work!
:thumb:
Think she's gunna stack up at the end like Cindy did?

I was just looking at the picture, and in the refplection you can kind of make the two green fan leaves into eyes/nose, the blur underneath looks like a mouth, and then the nug in general as the silouwhette of the head!! I took 4 dabs this morning and I see it again, will check back when im in the right state of mind to see if I can correct myself hah! :peace: Good story smokem, sorry about your mates man, but it sounds like you may have some extra security you can only see as orbs :Namaste: I 100% believe in the afterlife no doubt, you cant ignore it because it IS there! Just blows my mind to even start thinking about all that after smoking a bunch of wax lol!! CCTV catches everything!! They have some good clips! & with your buds going missing man I feel you. I don't tell anyone what I do anymore, only family and I make sure they keep quiet too! Cannot trust anyone nowadays. Hope everything is panning out to your expectations bro!! Garden looks mighty fine!

-CA215 :peace:

Yeah sweet as CA;)
But yeah, its funny sometimes you can sort of make out some facial or other images in clouds,tree lines shadows etc; Its pretty cool IMO, but it can also be in the mind of the person - putting patterns and such into what we see and recognising them as something familiar.
About your comment bout believing in after life, well I used to go to church as a kid, but I never was into it, I just had a feeling that there maybe something ' Greater than us ' around. As a child I, and my brother experienced things happening with no reason, when I was about 6, I was in bed just getting comfy - I used to cover my head with my blanket and just have my face exposed while clutching the doona:) But one night I went to bed and I felt sad, I cant recall if something made me upset but can just remember wasnt in good mood, and it tok me a while to sleep and then I felt a hand holding mine, I freaked out and jumped up to look around my room - nothing... I got up and looked in my room and then thru the house everyone was asleep.. I ve also had dreams which have been exactly what happened as it was happening down to very fine details bro. One was particularly upsetting about my wife.
But yeah, watching all these fake sighting claims, and the GHOST WHISPERERS:) apart from a select few people who DO have this instinctive intuition, it does tend to make you skeptical, which I certainly am about things unless I genuinely cannot rule it out as some other thing then I will take it on face value.. And I am forced to agree as with my footage, the way it moved, it was about 4ft high at the first sighting of it, and it comes around the corner of the house and slightly lowers and passes my car, just about the height of the top of the tyre - 2ft and then recording stops as it is beside our bedroom window some 10ft or so of distance in under a second. Which is pretty quik.
But back to the Ganja, my little Protoge' is starting to take off now:) She is really moving and at this rate,I wont have anywhere to put her! At the moment she is in a make shift grow house, but she s doing ok, She is just about ready for her first LST tethers, so I hope my current grow finishes up soon!!!!
Thanks for stopping in mate, and good to meet someone with similar thoughts on Orbs n shit, I dont normally get into or talk about em much as I said Ive seen so many dodgy ones, but some just defy explanation, So you have to have an open mind I guess??
Ok buddy. have a good one and chat soon.. Smokemup

Back
Top Bottom