Smokemups 2nd 420! Journal & LST Attempt 400w MH/HPS Soil Grow Indica Strain

Lol.. Ya both deserve em!!!! I dunno how Id function without my chronic break every now n then??!! Well, Im off to flush my girl, So wish me luck guys and Ill drop in soon. Cheers!! Smokemup

Another great grow...so whats with these ft long colas ??? my longest one was 3 inches:)..a cola is a lot of flowers merged together...i think...what if you didn't let them merge..by keeping that part of stem or cola...horizontal ??? i think you wouldn't get a ft long but that last ft of stem and flowers weight would increase=heavier yield...what do you think ???

MIWA:):) Hey Buddy...
Well mate, I have to say Id be fairly confident to say that each grow I do from now should all have at least 1ft cola's on them, BUT.. It is strain dependant to a point also as some plant s do grow a little different, But with the way ive adjusted LST I think the results will be fairly similar..
As the plant is trained and gradually pulled to one side, it makes the plant create more Apical tops, So all the branch shoots grow up and around then head Vertical. Then I again pull a branch down ward and the process happens again, Ill usually end up with a shape like this for the main branches " \__/ ' then all thru the middle the branch shoots grow up to the same height as the main outer first 2 original cola's causing it to fill all in and growing upto maybe 15 or 16 main cola's, pending on your space you may have to do less adjustments creating fewer main cola's as they will fill out to a decent size and block the lower canopy of buds as has happenend to me both times, I have wasted 2 branches this grow.. They have nothing on em but tiny balls of pistils:) So this can be a waste of growing if not done right, but also its the plant too that puts out the new main cola's so certain factors, such as shading, may affect how well that branch will take off.
But for the most part, what grows will make up for it!!! And IDK Miwa, I cant pull the buds horizontally out, well, I COULD - But again it may cause shading of growth below it. I have the tall colas then a top level of canopy buds, so also lighting these guys is important, and the plant is making new main cola's for each branch so they get equal size or there abouts. There was a pic of a G13 Pineapple ex. I saw that grew similar buds like these are, towers of bud, But the g13 was a chunky bugger!! C99xPr is mad in its natural growing it usually kinda grows into a rounder shape than a Pine tree shape, thus putting out upto several main cola's. So then performing LST to them makes a monster, if I did a full outdoor season with this man I rekn it d be a huge plant!! Possibly over 8+ft tall, thats wikid, Id love to grow one this big the middle stacks would be EPIC! STAR WARS TYPE SHIT!!! lol...
I am interested to see what this Lucy plant will do for me, she is looking like a contender atm.. Thanks for the kind words buddy, hope al goes well in your garden of green and willl chat soon. Cya mate, Smokemup..

Hey guys how are you all??
Well after her flush, she s done the same as Cindy and is now starting to finish up. Cindy s leaves all went yellow and died off all thru the bud, and this is just beginning to happen now, so Id say she has a week or so left now before chop chop time:):)
BY GOD I SWEAR IM ON FULL BUD GUARD THIS HARVEST AINT NOONE TAKIN MY STASH!!!!!
Hoping she will continue to bulk up as Cindy did around this time, She is surely gaining weight as I untied a tether yesterday on the middle stack and it bowed over like a fishing rod with a Marlin on!! So I had to actually catch the main cola in my left hand to stop it from snappin' so that was good sign as last time I moved it it was quite rigid.
Lucy is looking great now, I am going to find it hard to not continue her growth, I think that my MH globe or Ballast is screwed, it was pulsing before I think so time for a new one. Ill keep her on CFL diet atm, then get another globe/ballast..
Well guys that all for now, pics will be up soon of her new looks:) Thanks heaps for the support guys. Smokemup.

KIller grow Mate, can't wait for some of those beyond one foot buds from the outdoor stuff, I am ready for spring. All the indoor girls are getting cloned this weekend and prepped to be part of the outdoor grow. Peace OG

Well OG - Im sure youll be getting that size or larger with an outdoor girl;)
How many cuttings are you planning on taking? I guess its best to take a couple more than you need in case some dont root? Do you prefer to do it this way to try reduce chances of a male? I have been VERY VERY VERRRRY LUCKY in the FACT that Ive only ever sprouted 1 male plant in over 16yrs of growing, thats not thousands of plants but Id say about over 90 plants in my time.
So thats like 89 out of 90 that Ive had as females.. If a plant sprouts and shows growth that I determine to not be of certain qualities theyll get culled even before they show sex, I have watched my old skool outdoor guys and was lucky to have a few people tell me what they look at when choosing a seed to plant if its an unknown bagseed. This was no science class, just they told me what they look for and so far its really not let me down!
Lucy, which I hope is a girl, IMO will be quite a nice plant, she has good formation now she s like 9cm tall and has her first branch shoots appearing and has just showed her first 5 fingered leaves - theyre just popping out from her top:) So if I keep her going I hope that this will be a nice smoke. It is different to C99xPR in its growth so I know its a different strain, which Im happy about I just hope it will hit at least 6ft height.
I wont be removing leaves as I did this time, I will do some when she s setting out, then leave her til after stretch - THEN let her grow out, so I dont hold her up in her vertical climb. As I said, Im aiming for a MINIMUM of 1 pound from her, its a big goal to set, and I will be dis appointed if I do not reach near to that mark, but I am confident if I grow as with Cindy, and Veg her until she s at 4ft then flip her, giving it the best chance to hit 6ft mark..
Kiksumass is now getting STANKY AZ :) Ya cant miss it - it is quite pungeant, Her sweet,pine x cat pee smell is intense. Cat pee is probably not the best way to describe a smell of bud - but I mean in its sticking in your nostrils sense!
Calyxes stacking on top of each other loking cool as, and Id say she s about 85% orange pistils ATM, I am checking trichs today they were turning cloudy on last check of small buds 2 weeks back.
I flushed her last night, then waited couple hours and gave her light feeding of Seaweed extract, I checked the soil PH today and it ws still lower than 6.2, So I fed her PH'd water over 7.2 and then checked the run off s PH which was about 6.5 so if im remembering correct that means the soil should be around 6.8 or so now??
Hope it stays like this or Ill just feed her higher PH d water from now til harvest, She will be building up the most now up until harvest so hoping for bit more bulk before she s ready.
Thanks for dropping by everyone and for all the support youve given me over my time on 420!Mag.. You ve helped me out in many ways and Ive been able help others also due to that so CHEERS BIG EARS!! Chat soon peeps, Smokemupm8:welcome::thanks:

Hey guys,
Well after positioning some branches I had a look at some buds I couldnt see too well before and theyre getting bigger now which is grouse, hoping it will continue. Not sure how long it will take to rectify this defic or whatever it is, but Im trying to get the PH right first, and feed from there, but really I guess I should just water her really as shell be pulled within 2 weeks?
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???? Water for next week then maybe 1 more light feed before harvest OR water all the way thru til harvest from now?? I will be letting her dry out before I do anything else, and check the PH in a day or so - then go from there. Ive just added Dolomite lime to top soil couple days ago, so that SHOULD rule it out in the nxt couple days as not part of the defic. if symptoms persist yeah??
It seems like a potass Defic. but COULD be due to PH lock out, so Ill go PH then food.
Anyways, thought Id put up a couple pics of the tightly packed, stinky - But minimal effect ganja im tokin on:) Betta than nuthin';);)
2013-03-01_17_36_51.jpg
2013-03-01_17_35_55.jpg
2013-03-01_17_35_43.jpg

Its not bad bud, but its strength isnt the best, It is similar to most stuff Ive been tokin on so yeah.. What you rekn?? Sorry macro's suck!!
Smokemup

Thanks Springa;)
Well last grow I only fed her the seaweed extract with water uptil harvest, and just let her pot dry out totally before harvest, I didnt really notice any bad taste in the bud, honestly all I could taste was her then about 2 secs after exhale the feel of her comes on then youre left tasting the C99xPR's quite delectable flavour:):)
The smell when you handle the bud is pretty strong also, during the grow there is minimal smell only really towards end of cycle that a smell becomes noticeable.
Kiksum is now bulking up for sure.. Today the pistils are now more orange than white, Trichs are all cloudy but some still have clear heads, just cloudy stalks. So she isnt far from being close to optimal harvest time, I mnot going to wait for as much amber this time, But I do want to give her the time she needs to finish bulking up her buds. Im loving looking at the stacked calyxes ontop of each other, its mad;)
Little Lucy aint so little anymore, another week and shell be ready for her final pot I reckon. She has shown great development now and is filling out wide atm, I like the looks of her she looks like possible Indica hopefully!! She has purple stems and veins, Not from defic, or temp, its a natural tinge this is why Im interested in her - Ive grown plants like this one about 12 yrs ago - and it was some of our old school 'purple head' as it was known around here.. They werent as deep a purple as some I have seen on here, so they possibly a cross but they showed these colors all thru the grow. Some plants too tho that have started out with some purpling of the stalks veins etc; do grow out of it after a while Ive also observed.
But a purp strain would make me happy :):) Ill snap a few pics of my girl today for ya's to have a look at. I doubt she ll stay this way but I would be stoked if it was similar to the old strain I grew.
Take care and some pics of Kiksum will also follow soon;) Cheers guys, and thanks for stopping by. Smokemup

Lol at them nug pics.. They all look the same?? Either way - cruddy nug..

Yes OG.. Its very UNDER WHELMING indeed!!!!
Man I was just posting about defol and posted a couple pics of Cindy and Kiksum, and I can see where the size difference may have started. From trimming so much, in Cindys pic, you can see she stil had her fans attached til harvest - now she s running on a few bigger leaves and her bloody sugar leaves in the bud. " F A I L " ....... Im so shitting at myself, as I only needed to turn bak to my previous journalto look for answers:( So mate - DO NOT TRIM YA PLANTS HEAVY UNLESS YO WANT EM STUNTED!! They must need em, sure take some here n there but now, IMO - dont go too hard.
LOOK>>>>>>

Cindy - couple days before harvest...
2012-10-22_19_27_19.jpg
2012-10-31_15_58_52.jpg

And now KIKSUMASS>>>>
2013-02-27_18_20_46.jpg
2013-02-27_18_20_17.jpg

So she was in same size pot, no pests, same feed, same light the only thing I changed was the amount of trimming, I removed fan leaves up most of the main cola's thinking she d still be stretching as usual but she didnt, she slowed and stopped at 4.5ft x 4.5ft..
The size and bulk of the cola's speak for them selves and they were layered with fan leaves, with which I removed from Kiksum..
Moral of the story - BEWARE THE EDWARD SCISSOR TRIM!!!

:)HAPPY BIRTHDAY:)

facebook_223609549.jpg

Hey there SMoke, I hear yah on the defol, I gotta keep myself from doing things I shouldn't as well, LOL. MY GF is a big fan of less is more so that is what I am trying to do If I can bend or move a branch rather thatn cut anything off I think it will be better in the long run, I am trying to let these girls go somewhat natural with a very light trim now and then and all is moving forward, really hoping for that 4 week stretch the breeder is talking about and onee of them has laready started to take off and that is Sugar Punch, Madshack isn't far behind really looking forward to getting a few clones off these girls and getting them ready for some fun in the sun and a hell of alot longer veg time and training. Look forward to your harvest hope it comes out bigger than you may think, Peace OG.

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY DAY 10 *

Hello everyone, Thanks for stopping by!! Thought Id better put up a few pics of Cindy s Protoge' - Lucy. I call her Cindy's Protoge' as Ill be growing her as with Cindy, Veg height of between 3.5/4ft and aiming for about 6 -6.5ft height Inc. pot.
She is taking off now, and is starting to establish herself so hopefully she will be a good producer, at the very least Im keen to see what comes out of it:)
Ok so here s a few pics of my new project, she s kinda short n bushy tight spacing at nodes - which is great start for LST - ing plants IMO;)
Say hi to Lucy!!

2013-03-03_12_23_18.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_40.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_58.jpg
Here u can see her shoots comin out:)
2013-03-03_12_24_56.jpg

So there s my girl Lucy hope to have some good pics of her if I keep her going, she looks like an interesting plant so I may save her from the guillotine! Later guys, Smokmeupm8;)

* PHOTO UPDATE - LUCY DAY 10 *

Hello everyone, Thanks for stopping by!! Thought Id better put up a few pics of Cindy s Protoge' - Lucy. I call her Cindy's Protoge' as Ill be growing her as with Cindy, Veg height of between 3.5/4ft and aiming for about 6 -6.5ft height Inc. pot.
She is taking off now, and is starting to establish herself so hopefully she will be a good producer, at the very least Im keen to see what comes out of it:)
Ok so here s a few pics of my new project, she s kinda short n bushy tight spacing at nodes - which is great start for LST - ing plants IMO;)
Say hi to Lucy!!

2013-03-03_12_23_18.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_40.jpg
2013-03-03_12_23_58.jpg
Here u can see her shoots comin out:)
2013-03-03_12_24_56.jpg

So there s my girl Lucy hope to have some good pics of her if I keep her going, she looks like an interesting plant so I may save her from the guillotine! Later guys, Smokmeupm8;)

Beautifule thing there Smoke, will have some babies myself here very shortly, gotta start naming them and maybe they will all be female, lol. Peace OG

Thanks OG...
Yeah well I noticed on this plant, if you look at the first pic - you can see where branch and stem meet, theres 2 tiny lil spikes either side of the stem where the pre hairs pop out showin sex.. So cos of that and her looks I decided to go ahead with a name:)
Hope all your beans are chiks too! Thanks for nice comments and for dropping by;) Take it easy mate, Smokemup..:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom