Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed

Re: Smokemups 3rd LST Grow - Lucy - Unknown Bag Seed - Blue Planet Nutrients

Yeah cool Thats what I was thinking, about a year would be my max time. I dont like the FREEZE it idea, not good IMO. Ive tried it and it sucked! Weed was crumbly and lacked potency.
Thanks for your opinion bro;)

freezing is bad, but a fridge cooled to like 50 degrees maybe even 45 would be perfect to store buds.

Jars are no fun, I aint even harvested one plant and I filled up like 1/4 of my jars already.

you can use big plastic tubs with lids that seal, i use like big plastic food tubs, they have lids that fit on that has like 4 wings that click down making it totally air tight, these are very cheap to buy and are air tight as if put the lids on and put them under water in the sink and squeezed them to check if any air comes out and not even 1 bubble popped out so i know these plastic tubs are air tight,

people do freeze bud and ive smoked frozen bud and it seemed ok to me, but i guess it all depends at what stage you freeze it at, but as long as the bud is stored in dark cool conditions and sealed in an air tight tub then it should keep for pretty much as long as you want to keep it

Hey DonPaul;)
Thanks for the comments and suggestions mate! Ive found that going back to my old way in solid air tight tubs stored @ 10*C, wrapped in self sealed bags, gives a constant, fresh feel and a good quality smoke all thru + 6 mnths..
Some bud Ive stored from last harvest and am toking now is wikid, its turned a golden brown,deep green color is solid and each toke hits you - even the shitty trim I took from the base n inners! The method Ive used a few times to dry/cure now as said I will stick to and its basically s you said anyway. Freezing always turns weed crispy and lacks potency IMO, thats some weed Ive tried anyway..
Watching my current girl she is amazing - she s@ 4ft H now, she s grown 4" in 2 days so far.. Hoping for 6ft ish, fingaz crossed! Cheers guys, Smokemup

have you ever tried vac sealing the buds, im tempted to invest in one of them machines that you use for storing food, it sucks all the air out then seals the bag, no oxygen in the bag means nothing living is going to stay alive and it also prevents any moisture getting to the buds, ive not tried vac sealing yet but think it might be a good method, probably not a good method for fresh bud but once its dried anad cured it could possibly be vac sealed and stored for a decent amount of time,

not that i got more bud than i know what to do with but would be interesting to find a long term storage method as i know some growers produce more than they need in 12months so storage is the only option they got,

mine dont last long enough to be stored long term, some of it just about gets a good cure before i start dipping into the jars, but i do notice the bud tends to change colour over the cure process, ive had some light green buds turn a dark green colour so their is some colour change during the cure process, i need to get a good humidity gauge so i can check humidity in curing jars,

Hey everyone.. Sorry for my abscence but i been flat out with alot of stuff over the ladt few months..
And i have to tell you all... I failed miserably to reach 1.5 pound, i ended up with only 13 oz :( The bud lookedd great but it must be strain or by my shity growing medium n over fertiliser. The buds shrank to hollow dry crud, great smoke and got alot of fluffy buds that are big but light, im fairly certain its from the smoke i got ages ago, it was same look.
However i can give you good news!! I have a new girl - Myley, cos she s bent over showing her inner fibres :) She looks very good so far, lush green and has set out her opposing branch already so she s forming her base very nicely.. Ive learned from my mistakes too - I will no longer be aiming for over 6ft height, ill prob flip her now around 3ft, spret)ad her out,trim her up and then let her do her thing, i needed to act a little less aggressively.and remove branches too that wont produce much,and allow all dominant branches to floyrish with more room. Ive made a nice soil medium now, as last rootball was so tight i struggled to break through it with my spade! Too many nutes, im using my old seaweed juice, and only goin eqsy on. Vita Blue. My soil noe is about. 60% Humus soil, it was a fresh batch from nursery and was really holding moisture, next was about 15% Perlite and finally some food grade potting mix . I added a nice mix of Dolomite Cal/ mag, some gypsum, and slow release ferts. So it is important i DO NOT over feed, and also maintaining proper lamp height with the 600w as i keep getting some burning. I may stick with my new 400 w all thru flower this time, nott certain yet,will depend on how i train her. Nhow she respobds. Temps are an issue now as outide temps reach 35"*C, 43*C in g,room.. A mate who s plant i showed while ago wanted to try indoor , he let her go to 4.5f in a tiny 15. L pot ( half my size ) now has her into flower for near a month under a 600w Dual Spec so wil be interested in results of this, she has one huge top bunch of cola s forming., its hrown normal shape like pine tree, a dodgy DIY setup for now but its working, he s so ruff with her too ripping fans off left n right n branches. But still it lives! He may get 10 oz if rootbinding dont interrupt and ive diagnosed a Potass defic and he just gunna leave it,all leaves starting to show big spread?? Fingers crossed for him, he doing ok for his first crack at it..
I was even more shocked when he pulled out his container of bud from lsst plant he did, nearly a year now and he got bout 2 oz left, ive gone. Thru nearly 2 lb s!! Wtf.. Thats bad ay!! Oh and just prior to last pull, i had no smoko but i had to go thru sum stuff i aint in awhile and holy shit - What did i find??? A packed sealed tub of my good old Lucy grow:):):) It was magic as , curing tor 6+ months was great high, i toked half of it and stashed the rest again. For a rainy day!
I hope the sheer size of my buds,not their weight. ( it fluffs up once chopped ) so i not using as much weight wide, its beyter than nothing and i still have all thrbranches from harvest that have all smaller buds on, was gunna make oil but. Not sure on how to safely. But anyway i got sum crud to toke if i run out prior to Myley s maturing.. Will be back with a new journal and back to chatting with all you guyss agsin.. Take cate and Happy Harvesting, oh, and Christmas..lol..
Hope you guys drop by again. Catch ya, Smokemupm8

N Yeah cheers bro! And talk about color change! I found a container of my old Lucy grow and it was a brown,orange with slight green bits but not many.. Cured for about 6 montths or so, was stoked to toke it. Some local herb i had to get was such a dis appointment, it really shows how much better my weed is than what else is getting around,and im not growing ANY strain i actually know for sure what it is.. If i couuld get some higher THC smoke it d blow minds!! Mainly hopefully mine..lol.. I am trying to rectify my stupidity of last grow, i pushed too much and wasnt really paying attention to the issue that i maybe causing by trying to keep her loaded with enough nutes to finish up, the PH at 8 too wasnt the best eithr :/ At present the soil is reading 7.2, but ive not long ago repotted into finsl home so she hasnt fully adjusted yet, hope in couple weeks itll balance out. If not ill go easy on what i try remedy it with.. Thanx again mate will chat soon. Smokem..

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom