New expert on closet grow

PanchoVilla420

Im new to cannabis growing and maybe made a mistake starting on an inside grow. But in the words of a wise man I knew "it is what it is". I've been in the residential and commercial lawn and landscape industry for about 18 years so I probably know enough to get me in trouble. Ive got a closet grow 2 ft deep 7 ft tall and about 10 ft long. I'm very happy with the look of these 2 week ago planted clones (6total). ( all diff strains) but I'm getting concerned about pruning
At what size height and amount of nodes?
I understand pruning method is up to you but what confuses me is at what point do you start to prune your preferred method?I'm taking in probably too much info on the damn interwebs
So I turn to the experience of this community to help a vato out.
Thanks everyone!!!
First photo is day after transplant and others are current.
Ps
I'm familiar with the pros and cons of aluminum foil it's what I had will change it soon!!
Thanks my people

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_165513426.jpg
    IMG_20200428_165513426.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 15889001492331245289519652047805.jpg
    15889001492331245289519652047805.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1588900191695114273912893044926.jpg
    1588900191695114273912893044926.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 47
Im new to cannabis growing and maybe made a mistake starting on an inside grow. But in the words of a wise man I knew "it is what it is". I've been in the residential and commercial lawn and landscape industry for about 18 years so I probably know enough to get me in trouble. Ive got a closet grow 2 ft deep 7 ft tall and about 10 ft long. I'm very happy with the look of these 2 week ago planted clones (6total). ( all diff strains) but I'm getting concerned about pruning
At what size height and amount of nodes?
I understand pruning method is up to you but what confuses me is at what point do you start to prune your preferred method?I'm taking in probably too much info on the damn interwebs
So I turn to the experience of this community to help a vato out.
Thanks everyone!!!
First photo is day after transplant and others are current.
Ps
I'm familiar with the pros and cons of aluminum foil it's what I had will change it soon!!
Thanks my people
I'm also concerned with stretching. Are they growing too tall too fast or will they fill out after topical growth?

Welcome @PanchoVilla420 your girls look great! I agree with Penny (prolly never haven't) let em get a bit bigger then you can decide where to top them. Not positive on how clones work mostly because I don't really pay attention or document anything but I find they are just a touch trickier to decide where to top, but ultimately it doesn't matter because you have so many opportunities throughout the veg cycle to get your plants where you want them to be going into flower.

THe experienced growers seem let them go till they have a good root ball, maybe 12-14 inches at least before they top. This gives you lots of quick recovery power. Also, they might top a tall plant way low to get extra shoots, ie. if you let them go to 5th or 6th node then top at the 2nd you can get 4 tops instead of 2! Not positive on that exact node/top chop situation, but you get my point. The big brains will be able to help us there if need be. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

Sup chicos and chicas
Thanks for the welcomes!!!
All you guys have calmed me down on my anxiety over pruning. I was under the impression I should start at this stage.
Looking at links from all you responders and wow! Fantastic info
Looking forward to convos and insight from OGs
Thanks everyone. Be blessed

Back
Top Bottom