New grower here need some advice

Moneyman223

Been looking around at a lot of grow journals and think itd be fun to try it out so look for me coming in the extremely near future! As for my grow and furthermore my question, I have 3 Hawaiin punch bag seeds(was very gassy and extremely well grown surprised it had any seeds) that have been in flower for about a week now. recently just bought a bundle off someone which included a 4x8 roof qube grow tent 2 cheap amazon lights (mars hydro 300 and viparspectra 450) and a whole bunch of carbon filters and inline fans, now assuming I get some better lights what would be ideal for that amount of space - plants wise? Run a whole load of autoflowers? Or run a couple photos and grow them out as big as possible? And also what are the best budget grow lights out there? I've done my research digging for budget LEDs but seems like there so many diff opinions.

I'm not somebody that can help with the light questions but I can say :welcome:! Best of luck on your grow. This is only my second season growing. I'll eventually try and get an indoor grow going too.

I'm not somebody that can help with the light questions but I can say :welcome:! Best of luck on your grow. This is only my second season growing. I'll eventually try and get an indoor grow going too.
Thanks man, yea I'm definitely excited to try and get a nice rotation going and grow some nice quality stuff. Goodluck on your grow, and how were the outdoor yields looking for you first season?

Been looking around at a lot of grow journals and think itd be fun to try it out so look for me coming in the extremely near future! As for my grow and furthermore my question, I have 3 Hawaiin punch bag seeds(was very gassy and extremely well grown surprised it had any seeds) that have been in flower for about a week now. recently just bought a bundle off someone which included a 4x8 roof qube grow tent 2 cheap amazon lights (mars hydro 300 and viparspectra 450) and a whole bunch of carbon filters and inline fans, now assuming I get some better lights what would be ideal for that amount of space - plants wise? Run a whole load of autoflowers? Or run a couple photos and grow them out as big as possible? And also what are the best budget grow lights out there? I've done my research digging for budget LEDs but seems like there so many diff opinions.
Mars is actually one of our sponsors. @SmokeSara is one of the reps.
2x2 is optimum for 1 photo, but I’ve ran 6 in a 4x8. It was tight. Right now I have 5 in a 5x5. It really depends on how you want to grow them. (Topped, SOG, LST)
I have no experience with autos, so Ill bump for that. I like big ass photos. If you have the time... I’d do 4 photos, topped twice in SOG, or 4 photos LST.

5 photos, topped once in a 5x5 Mars tent.
8CC596EF-A031-42C1-81E7-CCEC6EA7B0C6.jpeg

Mars is actually one of our sponsors. @SmokeSara is one of the reps.
2x2 is optimum for 1 photo, but I’ve ran 6 in a 4x8. It was tight. Right now I have 5 in a 5x5. It really depends on how you want to grow them. (Topped, SOG, LST)
I have no experience with autos, so Ill bump for that. I like big ass photos. If you have the time... I’d do 4 photos, top twice, or 4 photos, LST, with SOG.
5 photos, topped once in a 5x5 Mars tent.
8CC596EF-A031-42C1-81E7-CCEC6EA7B0C6.jpeg
Thanks for all the info, I was actually looking into getting either getting two ts3000s or grabbing one and trying out another brand. As for the number of plants, which route do you think would produce the biggest yield? I'm all for quality but I want to really see how much I can get

Thanks for all the info, I was actually looking into getting either getting two ts3000s or grabbing one and trying out another brand. As for the number of plants, which route do you think would produce the biggest yield? I'm all for quality but I want to really see how much I can get
Are you on a time schedule? If not I run photos. Veg for three months, Top, LST, and supercrop the heck out of them.
Again, I don’t have any experience with autos.

This was 6 photos that I did like that. Just need to have a lot of room.
351595F7-2412-4024-A1CA-EF9E3374BE15.jpeg

Are you on a time schedule? If not I run photos. Veg for three months, Top, LST, and supercrop the heck out of them.
Again, I don’t have any experience with autos.

This was 6 photos that I did like that. Just need to have a lot of room.
351595F7-2412-4024-A1CA-EF9E3374BE15.jpeg
I have always been a little scared to super crop lol.. the plants I have now were vegged for very long with just tap water and 24 hour lights (I had my mother keeping them alive while I was gone, she managed to keep 3out of 7 alive) so pretty much they were all topped 1-3x then vegged for a very long time with no training but next go-round I will try all the training I can do

Is your state legal. If not less number of plants that are bigger are better. If you are just getting started I would grab some autos and start there. It will give you a great idea of the life cycle of cannabis and will put some in your jars faster. I prefer photos over autos but still grow autos regularly. Start with a few plants because until you are rolling along there is lots of “getting it right” ahead.

I recommend @Budget LED . I own a couple of their fixtures and I’m 100% satisfied with my purchase and couldn’t be more impressed with the fixture as it grows buds bigger then my HLG’s do. I highly recommend you atleast check them out, as well as all the other sponsors on this site.
Thanks bro def going to check them out. I have so much space for my first real grow so it's a little overwhelming lol

Is your state legal. If not less number of plants that are bigger are better. If you are just getting started I would grab some autos and start there. It will give you a great idea of the life cycle of cannabis and will put some in your jars faster. I prefer photos over autos but still grow autos regularly. Start with a few plants because until you are rolling along there is lots of “getting it right” ahead.
In a medicinal state but you're def right that's a good way 2 look at it, 3 charges instead of 30 huh? Lol 2 bad I have 20 pending on me at the moment, they might as well tack them on haha. I have grown a few plants a few years back but had to let them die off because of work but I've researched for years on all the diff techniques and what not but I'm still no where near an expert so I'm going to take that advice and pop a few autos and see how it goes. Thanks for the replies !

:welcome: to :420: @Moneyman223

If it were me starting out, I'd only do a few (2) and see how it went, while learning about what's going on with your plants...
I've done 2 plant scrogs and harvested 34 Oz dried and cured...in a 4 x 4 with a 600 watt HPS...not the norm but my Ghost OG is a monster :morenutes:
...I'm doing a 1 plant scrog right now (for fun) of some Gorilla Zkittles, and I expect to pull at least 10 - 12 Oz from her when she's done :thumb: ...but good luck whatever you decide :snowboating:

:welcome: to :420: @Moneyman223

If it were me starting out, I'd only do a few (2) and see how it went, while learning about what's going on with your plants...
I've done 2 plant scrogs and harvested 34 Oz dried and cured...in a 4 x 4 with a 600 watt HPS...not the norm but my Ghost OG is a monster :morenutes:
...I'm doing a 1 plant scrog right now (for fun) of some Gorilla Zkittles, and I expect to pull at least 10 - 12 Oz from her when she's done :thumb: ...but good luck whatever you decide :snowboating:
Wow 34 oz? Well congratufuckinglations that's awesome. I definitely want to see what I can manage with some big ass plants, and I also want to try out the other approach and throw 20 autos in there haha. But as for the long run I think I will run few plants and really grow them to their full extent

Wow 34 oz? Well congratufuckinglations that's awesome. I definitely want to see what I can manage with some big ass plants, and I also want to try out the other approach and throw 20 autos in there haha. But as for the long run I think I will run few plants and really grow them to their full extent
I had 12 autos in a 5x5. It was full and a full time job.

What kinda yield you get from that bro? That sounds like fun to me right there lol controlled chaos :laugh:
It sounds fun until they start needing a gallon of water a day each. Lol.
My 5 are taking 5 gallons every other day... almost to every day now.
It gets exhausting... especially if you grow in your basement. Lol.

It sounds fun until they start needing a gallon of water a day each. Lol.
My 5 are taking 5 gallons every other day... almost to every day now.
It gets exhausting... especially if you grow in your basement. Lol.
Oh yea that would def suck luckily I have a hugeeee room probably 8x20? So I have it on the other side of the room from my bed lol

Back
Top Bottom