New grower in Cali

Thanks Bill. I hope that it goes ok. I didn't realize how stressful this can be. LOL.
The stress will pass.
You will be more relaxed as your experience grows.
Everyone here has experience and first hand knowledge of various growing techniques.
I like my rh below 60 in flower.
You need lots of air circulation especially under that canopy.
There is nothing wrong with 80f.
Try not going too high above that though.
If you need anyone of us in particular @Bill284 putting someone's name in a post like that will notify them right away.
Get a journal going and we can help you finish those beautiful lady's.
BTW I was serious about the smoke detector.
I just had a major fire in one of my rooms.
I'll show you.

Read some of that.
Get a smoke detector and a fire extinguisher, then start your journal.
Your in the right place my friend.
Stay safe.
Bill

The stress will pass.
You will be more relaxed as your experience grows.
Everyone here has experience and first hand knowledge of various growing techniques.
I like my rh below 60 in flower.
You need lots of air circulation especially under that canopy.
There is nothing wrong with 80f.
Try not going too high above that though.
If you need anyone of us in particular @Bill284 putting someone's name in a post like that will notify them right away.
Get a journal going and we can help you finish those beautiful lady's.
BTW I was serious about the smoke detector.
I just had a major fire in one of my rooms.
I'll show you.

Read some of that.
Get a smoke detector and a fire extinguisher, then start your journal.
Your in the right place my friend.
Stay safe.
Bill
LOL, I did not know that you were serious about the smoke alarm, I thought you were telling me that my plants were on fire or something along those lines. I do have a smoke alarm in that room, and just checked to be sure its working. Thanks for the safety tip. I see that you think I should start a journal to finish my girls, so that is what I am going to do.
Thanks again. Oh, see already this is paying off for me, I just realized that my fans are set up to blow through and above the canopy, I will change that this evening when my lights come back on. Thanks again. LOL, I seem to be thanking everyone here alot, so I feel that I have made a good choice in choosing this site and forum.

YOU ALL ARE THE BEST !!!!!

Hey there Cali...

Looking beautiful there. Tons of support here. You found the right place! Please start a journal as everyone already mentioned, we all love watching a lovely grow!

I live in the foothills of the Sierra's, and low humidity was the problem in Sept. but when I switched to flower, we had a pretty good storm come in (storm of the century or something like that) and our humidity is now above 80% outside and nearly 65% inside. I do have good air movement from my fans, will that be enough to avoid bud rot? if the humidity stays above 55%?
The largest colas in dense plants are usually the ones that may suffer bud rot. Use oscillating fans and lots of clean in/out air flow movement to help mitigate conditions that lead to bud rot. Get a dehumidifier for the flowering tent or flowering grow - 40% to 45% RH is the goal.

Increase distance between plants, if you can. Move densely flowering plants to grow areas of high oscillating or intake air flow. Don't splash water around, suck up and dispose of excess standing water/nutes - NO STANDING WATER. Remove and dispose of all dead leaf material - don't let it accumulate. Keep leaves, stems and buds dry as possible - minimize or eliminate misting and foliar feeds.

Inspect large colas and plants for signs burnt yellowing leaves, leaf wilt and gray mushy stems and mold. Remove any affected plants PRONTO (it may save the rest of the crop). It's a fungus so dispose of the infected plant carefully in a garbage bag and avoid spreading the spores.

If a particular strain grows dense and tall with a single or several huge colas you may want to top it, train it and branch into multiple arms it to avoid having a dominant central cola region. Usually medium-sized and smaller colas are less susceptible and less vulnerable to bud rot.

Sometimes it is best not to be the tallest tree in the forest when lightening strikes.

I have a question concerning humidity. I am having a difficult time controlling my humidity. I purchased a new de-humidifier and it brought the humidity down to around 45% from nearly 60%. But, the new machime, (placed outside the tent) raised the temp in the room and tent. When the temp got to 78 degrees, I shut the machine off until the temp returned to 72 degrees.
So, my question is this, will the varying temp and humidity stress my plants?
If you are running LEDs your tent/grow temps are best in the 80-85 deg F region for best plant health.

For me: Veg and early flowering 82-86 deg F with LEDs; mid to late flowering with LEDs maybe 79-83 deg F; very late flowering (week before harvest) with LEDs maybe 68-72 deg F (low temp stressing the plant a little at the end and reducing potential evaporation of volatile cannabinoid compounds).

Leaf surface temp is key. You need higher tent/grow temps with LEDs than HID or HPS.

Grow temps and RH are strain dependent but generally: HID or HPS 70-75 deg F. LEDs 80-85 deg F.

Back
Top Bottom