New grower in Cali

Yankeerunner

420 Member
I have started my first grow and so far everything seems good. I have smoked cannibis for over 40 years and am now realizing a dream that I have had for many years. I have started with four strains. The one in the left rear is Sour Tangie, the center rear and front right are Magic Melon, the rear right and front left are a Hawaain strain, and the last one, front center is Lengendary Punch. Notn so sure about these strains as I bought them from a grower near me.
The Sour Tangie has been a pain, I do not anticipate growing that strain again.

crop #1 27th day of flowering 10-26-21.jpg

Magic Melon bud, 27th day of flowering.jpg

Magic Melon top, 27th day of flowering.jpg

I have started my first grow and so far everything seems good. I have smoked cannibis for over 40 years and am now realizing a dream that I have had for many years. I have started with four strains. The one in the left rear is Sour Tangie, the center rear and front right are Magic Melon, the rear right and front left are a Hawaain strain, and the last one, front center is Lengendary Punch. Notn so sure about these strains as I bought them from a grower near me.
The Sour Tangie has been a pain, I do not anticipate growing that strain again.

crop #1 27th day of flowering 10-26-21.jpg

Magic Melon bud, 27th day of flowering.jpg

Magic Melon top, 27th day of flowering.jpg
Beautiful.
Wow ,nice work.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. @Yankeerunner
Glad to have you with us.
Do you have a smoke detector in there.
Stay safe. Bill

Welcome to 420 magazine @Yankeerunner
Your plants look amazing:thumb: I can't wait to see them develop.. you should set up a journal and document your journey. I would love to follow along.
If you decide to set one up @Tokin Roll has a link in his signature that will guide you to the right forum. He will be along soon.
Hope to see you around .

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Yankeerunner

Here's the link for starting a grow journal.

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote or enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Looking good! Welcome! I am also in Calif

:hookah:

I have a question concerning humidity. I am having a difficult time controlling my humidity. I purchased a new de-humidifier and it brought the humidity down to around 45% from nearly 60%. But, the new machime, (placed outside the tent) raised the temp in the room and tent. When the temp got to 78 degrees, I shut the machine off until the temp returned to 72 degrees.
So, my question is this, will the varying temp and humidity stress my plants?

Great job so far, Yankeerunner... :welcome:
Welcome from another Cali. native!
I shut the machine off until the temp returned to 72 degrees.
72 is a bit cool, they might be happier a little closer to 80f

Thank you Carcass. Is that your experience ? As I said, this is my first grow, and I often find conflicting advice. I had been told to keep the temp between 68 and 78 degrees, and the humidity below 50%. so, if you could tell me the parameters that you have used, I would appreciate it. I was under the impression that between 72 and 74 degrees was the sweet spot. But, I know that cannibis grows just fine outside here in our sunkissed state, so I tend to agree with what you are telling me, as that seems more logical.

My growbox runs at 78-80f , except at lights out, then it drops to whatever temp it is in the house..
Seems to work well, but you may have to water a bit more often- I feed every watering (megacrop) so the more water she drinks, the more nutes she has available..that's my thinking, anyway...
I have no control over the humidity, so mine varies from 30% to 70%, sometimes in the course of one day,
and it doesn't hurt a thing- as long as there's plenty of air moving 24/7, the higher humidity isn't really an issue.(IMO)

Thank you, that does give me a sense of peace of mind concerning this issue. I have been stressing over this for a couple of weeks. I only know what I have read online, and it is nice to be able to hear from someone with actual experience doing this. LOL, I wish that I had found this site a couple weeks ago, before I invested $750 in a a/c unit and a humidifier. Well, live and learn. Again, thanks for the help.

I am on the coast so humidity can run high. I also bought a dehumidifier, the heat it put out was a issue for me as well. I would run my AC to help compensate for high temp and all I really accomplished was a LARGE electric bill... So as @Carcass said above air movement and air exchange works great for me. My grow space is in a shed that I built, I have a 8" exhaust fan with a thermostat control that runs when the temp gets to 77 degrees or higher and continues to run until temp drops to 76 degrees, I also have a passive filtered air intake. In the summer grow space temps can be 86 during the day. Summer temps in the shed usually are the same as the temp outdoors during the day. I also use fans in the shed to keep air moving.

I live in the foothills of the Sierra's, and low humidity was the problem in Sept. but when I switched to flower, we had a pretty good storm come in (storm of the century or something like that) and our humidity is now above 80% outside and nearly 65% inside. I do have good air movement from my fans, will that be enough to avoid bud rot? if the humidity stays above 55%?

My humidity runs between 60% - 77% between April through September. I have not had any bud rot... I Harvested this year starting middle of August and finished beginning of September, yielded just over 1-1/2 pounds for four plants in approx 34" x 42" space. I believe air exchange is also important, old air out, fresh air in...

:hookah:

hmmm, sounds like I may be a little paranoid from all the stuff I read online. Thank you so much for helping me through this. My neighbor told me the other day that I was overthinking this, perhaps she was right. I do have very good air movement, and my intake and exhaust is also working well. Although, at this time, I am only using 4" blowers and hose, I have already purchased a couple of six inch units that will increase my cfm by about 160, I intend to switch them out prior to putting new babys in the flower tent. LOL, I should have kept the box the de-humidifier came in.

I may be a little paranoid from all the stuff I read online.
That's the nice thing about this place- you can talk to people who actually do this stuff...and, on the off chance that you get some bad advice here, the folks that know better will step in and correct that shit in nothing flat...
You're already doing a great job- stick around and we'll make sure you only get better at it! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom