New grower needing advice

Jess2020

420 Member
Hi so I am just starting up. Im expanding my built in wardrobe, will be 2mx2mx2.4m when finished. Im white walling the area. Im looking for some advice on how many 11l pots to put under 600w light. Light schedule will be 18/6. Im using autos from barneys farm. Im going to use bio bizz light mix for the medium and then the biobizz line of nutrients. Im struggling to find a feeding schedule for autos with this product line. Also im a bit confused about the watering situation, do i water every feed, every other etc.? Would really apreciate some advice. I know i need to use at least 1/2 nutrients recommend per L. Just looking for some clarification on the watering and feeding situation. Also when its all up and running ill post some pics etc.

I'd do 6 - 8 plants at the most. Depends on the strains you pick. Some grow short, some tall, etc.
Start out with just 6.4 pH water till the get a set of leaves. Then 1/4 strength nutes the 1st week about every 3rd day. Water the other 2 days. A shot glass of water is plenty till they get an inch or 2 tall. Then you increase your nutes & watering little by little. Keep your soil moist, not wet. Water & Feed only when your pot gets light weight again (like before you watered it).
Look up @Emilya thread, How to water a potted plant. Watering is the same for Auto & Photo plants. It's whether you grow organic, soil, coco, hydro that changes things.

I agree with Buds Buddy 6-8 plants for a closet grow is prob max taking account for plant spread. @Emilya toutorial on watering is excellent. With auto's they have a genetic timer built in and will go into flower non dependent of you flipping the 12/12 switch on them is why I prefer just Fem, because I can keep them in Veg longer if I want to get some added height or let them fill out a little more.. But they say Auto's are good for beginners.. IDK? I think it depends on the grower having a green thumb and trouble shooting ability... I like to make that decision when to flip the switch. As far as a specific feeding schedule just for auto's I would treat them simply as fem's and not worry about the auto timer. In two weeks time you should have it pretty much nailed down. You're plants will tell you what they need and when they need it giving you signals when they are happy standing up proud or droopy.. Growing plants is about having patience and being attentive to their needs.. You are basically their slave for the time period of the grow and the reward for your effort and diligence comes at harvest time. You'll get the hang of it!.

this is what ive got in at the moment, but im not really too confident about who im doing it with, its their first time with autos and it just seems they havent researched much. They are a bit staggered in time with one on 1 week and the rest on 3. What do you guys think about the colour etc? Im a bit concerened about the humidity and light height? Any advice would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20200620_135529.jpg
    20200620_135529.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 196
  • 20200620_135536.jpg
    20200620_135536.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200620_135539.jpg
    20200620_135539.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200620_135615.jpg
    20200620_135615.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 20200620_135619.jpg
    20200620_135619.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200620_135631.jpg
    20200620_135631.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200620_135644.jpg
    20200620_135644.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 68
I'd do 6 - 8 plants at the most. Depends on the strains you pick. Some grow short, some tall, etc.
Start out with just 6.4 pH water till the get a set of leaves. Then 1/4 strength nutes the 1st week about every 3rd day. Water the other 2 days. A shot glass of water is plenty till they get an inch or 2 tall. Then you increase your nutes & watering little by little. Keep your soil moist, not wet. Water & Feed only when your pot gets light weight again (like before you watered it).
Look up @Emilya thread, How to water a potted plant. Watering is the same for Auto & Photo plants. It's whether you grow organic, soil, coco, hydro that changes things.
Ok that sounds good, when i start the new one ill do that, it should be up and running within the next two weeks. Do you reckon biobizz will be ok? For my current crop im using plagron and the guy helping me has made a resivour of feed that ive been using, hes said not to water with it though i.e. use only that as feed and watering

this is what ive got in at the moment, but im not really too confident about who im doing it with, its their first time with autos and it just seems they havent researched much. They are a bit staggered in time with one on 1 week and the rest on 3. What do you guys think about the colour etc? Im a bit concerened about the humidity and light height? Any advice would be appreciated
They look a tad stressed maybe from being recently transplanted to larger pots is my guess .. in one photo 20200620_135615 they look a little droopy and in another photo 20200620_135529 they look a little bit better-perky.
If anything, to me they look a little under watered and maybe could use a little more light. Maybe drop the lamp a foot? ..that's all I got?..

Ok that sounds good, when i start the new one ill do that, it should be up and running within the next two weeks. Do you reckon biobizz will be ok? For my current crop im using plagron and the guy helping me has made a resivour of feed that ive been using, hes said not to water with it though i.e. use only that as feed and watering
I'm not sure if Bio-Biz has any nutrients in the soil already as I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Hope he didn't mix up too much feed. It wont stay good from what I'm told. They say not to mix more than 3 days worth at a time. Be sure to check the pH before feeding when you use it. The pH will change sitting in a res. Is there some kind of pump in the res to keep the nutes mixing up ?
Those bigger plants are ready for full waterings till you get at least 10% run off. Then wait a few days for the pot to get light & repeat. I use the Feed, Water, Water schedule in soil.

Your Temps & Humidity are a little high. Looks like you are using MH / HPS lighting without a Cool Tube or enclosed hood. Real hard to cool those down without AC. You will have to have at least a 6" Exhaust fan sucking the hot air out & sending it out a window to cool that or hook your house AC to it like I did in the Pic below. An exhaust fan will also lower your humidity.
GEDC4685.JPG
GEDC4687.JPG

@4Weeks1.png@4weeks2.png

I'm officially @ 4 weeks with these plants this Monday.. Plants are 16" tall, feeding every 7 days with regular Miracle Grow plant food .. Both of my Females got tops nipped off at week 3 and are now just recovered and on a new growth spurt.. I plan to veg them for 8 weeks at least. I'm splitting time between outdoors and inside LED lighting on a daily basis to get 18/6. I'm not into all the fancy Nute's, soils and PH testing..I like to keep things simple. That's a little too much work for me.. I hear great things about Mega Crop? but that's for DWC.

@4Weeks1.png@4weeks2.png

I'm officially @ 4 weeks with these plants this Monday.. Plants are 16" tall, feeding every 7 days with regular Miracle Grow plant food .. Both of my Females got tops nipped off at week 3 and are now just recovered and on a new growth spurt.. I plan to veg them for 8 weeks at least. I'm splitting time between outdoors and inside LED lighting on a daily basis.
Those look really good. Nice green color to them. Why not LST & make them into big bushes?

I hear great things about Mega Crop? but that's for DWC
Mega Crop is for everything except living organic soils.
I use it with Pro Mix and don't pH. Anything with buffers you shouldn't have to pH unless you water is beyond cruddy.Would make a really good replacement for miracle grow.

They look a tad stressed maybe from being recently transplanted to larger pots is my guess .. in one photo 20200620_135615 they look a little droopy and in another photo 20200620_135529 they look a little bit better-perky.
If anything, to me they look a little under watered and maybe could use a little more light. Maybe drop the lamp a foot? ..that's all I got?..
Just dropped the light and im going to water tonight, thank you!

Your Temps & Humidity are a little high. Looks like you are using MH / HPS lighting without a Cool Tube or enclosed hood. Real hard to cool those down without AC. You will have to have at least a 6" Exhaust fan sucking the hot air out & sending it out a window to cool that or hook your house AC to it like I did in the Pic below. An exhaust fan will also lower your humidity.
GEDC4685.JPG
GEDC4687.JPG
These are 3 weeks, i dont have air con in my house (uk) ive got a 6inch intake and a 10 inch outtake at the minute. Ive got another 10 inch fan laying around somewhere if i need it? Lovely set up youve got there though

I'm not sure if Bio-Biz has any nutrients in the soil already as I use Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. Hope he didn't mix up too much feed. It wont stay good from what I'm told. They say not to mix more than 3 days worth at a time. Be sure to check the pH before feeding when you use it. The pH will change sitting in a res. Is there some kind of pump in the res to keep the nutes mixing up ?
Those bigger plants are ready for full waterings till you get at least 10% run off. Then wait a few days for the pot to get light & repeat. I use the Feed, Water, Water schedule in soil.
Yeah so hes deffo mixed up way more than needed, so im going to chuck what my mates done with the feed and restart, should i go with 1/2 or 1/4 if hes been feeding them on the box schedule for the past week? Ive got an air stone in the made up feed. So ill just water them tonight and then next time feed and so on?

Yeah so hes deffo mixed up way more than needed, so im going to chuck what my mates done with the feed and restart, should i go with 1/2 or 1/4 if hes been feeding them on the box schedule for the past week? Ive got an air stone in the made up feed. So ill just water them tonight and then next time feed and so on?
Also it says biobizz light mix hasnt got loads of nutrients (ec 1.2) so ill just start with their root juice at 1/4 for the first week or 2

Mega Crop is for everything except living organic soils.
I use it with Pro Mix and don't pH. Anything with buffers you shouldn't have to pH unless you water is beyond cruddy.Would make a really good replacement for miracle grow.
Cool, thanks for the advise.. I really want to see what this grow is going to look like based on just miracle grow.. I'm going to switch to hydro soon and grow in both mediums DWC & Soil so will want a product i can trust that's simple to use for both.. Looks like Mega crop is going to be my choice..

Those look really good. Nice green color to them. Why not LST & make them into big bushes?
First grow ever so don't really know what i'm doing yet , but i must be doing something right if they are looking like this at week 4 .. low stress training for these two plants may just end up being bamboo stakes and wiring up the two new tops away from the stem.. Waiting for them to grow jut a little bit longer before wiring them down.

Back
Top Bottom